MiG-15 navigation?

ThorBrasil

When I put the NDB frequency. I can't find the needle that points to the corresponding NDB.

Can anyone help?

Thank you very much!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

see this

attachment.php?attachmentid=113900&stc=1&d=1425257976

Thank you very much! I am very grateful for having responded. +1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Set in the control panel of the ARK-5 the selector in KOM or Antenna position.

For preset NDB (via mission editor in MHZ), set ADF near/far in the "Near" position. Activate NDB1,2 or 3.

Don´t actívate 2 NDB at the same time, the electric drive of the antenna will try to turn the antenna to the 2 NDB at the same time and falis.

Example: in the free flight misision, open the mission and set ndb2 and 3 to the NDB frequencies: 281khz (0.281Mhz) and 591khz (0.591Mhz) of the airfield.

ADF selector in the "FAR" position gives you manual control of the ARk -5, like in the Sabre and ARK-9 in the Mi-8.

Greetings and sorry for my english.

Hello guys,

I don't know if I can help you but since few hours I use the radio-navigation ARC and it's working fine...

As it's not easy to explain I join you one screenshot of my final approach to Kutaisi and during this approach I've follow the NDB station: 477.0 khz:

Arc.jpg~original

With the good frequency I can hear the code morse, once above the NDB station my gauge change "FROM" and the arrow turn to 180°

I hope that I can help you, bye. Skull

Edited by Skulleader

Btw.

just for knowladge.

On the Kneeboard ("K") You can always check exact level of Your settings for АРК-5 СУП-7.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

For preset NDB (via mission editor in MHZ), set ADF near/far in the "Near" position. Activate NDB1,2 or 3.

Don´t actívate 2 NDB at the same time, the electric drive of the antenna will try to turn the antenna to the 2 NDB at the same time and falis.

that's preset 3 ndb. While one the right panel, you can set the freq freely.

Btw.

just for knowladge.

On the Kneeboard ("K") You can always check exact level of Your settings for АРК-5 СУП-7.

Yes, but to me that is kind of useless. I checked the lua file and find that the radio system gives a really reasonable residual for freq, so you don't need to exactly match it. Then the tuning indicator on the panel is fine enough.

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Correct uBoats.

That´s the problem with the use of mobile devices and typing on a small keyboard...

ADF switch (left side just under the canopy frame)labeled as "Near/Far":

Near: presets.

Far: manual. See the Skulleader perfect picture for a visual explanation.

Bye!

Correct uBoats.

That´s the problem with the use of mobile devices and typing on a small keyboard...

ADF switch (left side just under the canopy frame)labeled as "Near/Far":

Near: presets.

Far: manual. See the Skulleader perfect picture for a visual explanation.

Bye!

I know it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

One question...

ATC gives you barometric data in imperial. Is it posible to change any setting to have this data in metric?

In the Fagot and the 109 I´m unable to change this and the barometric data always is in Imperial.

Thanks!

(Now I´m going for a walk at 25º Celsius near the beach. Mediterranean Weather)

Example: in the free flight misision, open the mission and set ndb2 and 3 to the NDB frequencies: 281khz (0.281Mhz) and 591khz (0.591Mhz) of the airfield.

ADF selector in the "FAR" position gives you manual control of the ARk -5, like in the Sabre and ARK-9 in the Mi-8.

Greetings and sorry for my english.

So, in your example you use two NDBs with two different frequency range settings. There is obviously a switch on the ARC-5 panel that controls three different frequency range settings (150-310Mhz/310-640Mhz/640-1300Mhz) for NDBs. Wouldn´t I have to switch to the corresponding frequency range first before I flip one of those NDB preset switches? Or does the ARC-5 automatically tune to these? Funny thing is I still did not try it yet so please enlighten me...:helpsmilie:

Currently working on a tutorial for my MiG-15 guide, and the russian manual doesn't help me much regarding radio navigation. Skulleader's tutorial is great, but I have one more question:

How does the receiver mode switch work? (switch no 1 in the pic) What are the different modes and what do they do?

RvHsFvW.jpg

ТЛГ - ТЛФ stands for Telegraphy - Telephony. In Telegraphy (ТЛГ) mode, a beat frequency oscillator (BFO) is used. It is needed to identify (hear the Morse code of) some NDBs in real life. AFAIK, none of the beacons in DCS require it, so in the game you will want to keep that switch in telephony (ТЛФ) mode.

In Western ADFs this switch is usually called "BFO mode".

As for the other non-trivial controls:

7. Loop L - R switch. When held in either the L or R position, this switch manually moves the loop antenna left or right. It has two purposes - to test the proper operation of the device in КОМП mode (you deflect the antenna and see if it comes back when you release the switch) and to manually find the direction to the NDB in РАМКА mode, described below.

8. Four position mode selector.

ВЫКЛ - Off

КОМП - Compass mode. This is the normal operating mode that does the automatic direction finding :).

АНТ - Antenna mode. In this mode only the sense antenna is operating (loop antenna is disabled). You may get a clearer signal from the NDB in this mode but direction finding is not possible.

РАМКА - Loop mode. This is a back up mode. The sense antenna is disabled and you manually rotate the loop antenna with the (7) switch until you minimize the signal indication. That'll mean your ADF needle is pointing either directly towards or away from the NDB. This ambiguity cannot be resolved without the sense antenna.

Hello guys, your explanations and translations are perfect but I think that our DCS World is very poor with stations navigation, if you look Batumi no NDB stations and impossible to fly IFR to this airbase, just one TACAN but not available for our old jets

I'm a old FSX's user and we have many navigation devices but with DCS we can just use the NDB stations, OK DCS is not FSX but it's just one little remark...

In the real life how flying to Batumi with IFR mode because just TACAN and not NDB ?

Another question, in reality with Mig-21, F-86F or Warbirds for flying IFR there was many more navigation beacons in Russia ?

It's not easy to know for me and I found our virtual world a little bit poor with these devices, no ?

Passionate topic, thanks a lot. Skull

Hello guys, your explanations and translations are perfect but I think that our DCS World is very poor with stations navigation, if you look Batumi no NDB stations and impossible to fly IFR to this airbase, just one TACAN but not available for our old jets

I'm a old FSX's user and we have many navigation devices but with DCS we can just use the NDB stations, OK DCS is not FSX but it's just one little remark...

In the real life how flying to Batumi with IFR mode because just TACAN and not NDB ?

Another question, in reality with Mig-21, F-86F or Warbirds for flying IFR there was many more navigation beacons in Russia ?

It's not easy to know for me and I found our virtual world a little bit poor with these devices, no ?

Passionate topic, thanks a lot. Skull

If I remember correctly ED plan on improving this greatly after they release dcs world 2.0. And yes I agree, there is a real need for improvement there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Correct Skull, in Batumi, Sogalung and Vaziani there aren´t any compatible radioaids with the Sabre and Fagot.

Radionavigation beacons and aids are defined in the beacons.lua file. These are defined with a object atached and these objects, if destoryed, make the signal fails.

This file is only ued at this moment by ED and BST modules. Thrid parties make their own files (I don´t known why)

For example, LN MiG-21 allows 72 frequencies defined by the user and 99 RSBN/PRMG but the real ARK-10 only supports 26. The near-far selector in the Fishbed makes nothing. In the real system, beacons are stowed in the push buttons for the "near" and 16 in the rotary selector for the "far".RSBN-6 allows only between 20-30 stations I think, and these presets are diferent for a RSBN and a PRMG station.

The switches Azimut and Bearing with the rotary not in use in the RSBN panel in the LN MiG allows to input a distance in the counter, so the pilots can select a NDB and put the desired distance.

In the Mission Editor we can see the channels of the PRMG in the military russian airports (the blue numbers in Mozdok, Krasnodar, Krymsk..)

I think that until we´ve got a L-39 Albatross we can´t use properly the russian radionavs.

I expect that in the 2.0 we colud make the assignations for the beacons for the planes in the ME, like in the Fagot.

Sorry for my english.

Edited by Tarres

Hello guys,

Thanks for your explanations, it's very fascinating.

Best regards, Skull.

Is there any map (in pdf for example), not list only, with whole NDB stations for DCS Georgia map without run of DCS (Editor)?

Something for planning before flight? Can't find it....

Any ideas?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Exactly that's it, thank you guys! +1.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Exactly that's it, thank you guys! +1.

hi yoyo

You can use my kneeboard mod which provides all NDB stations with its freq in map view

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/793025/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]