ok we got the Mig15 now...

tusler

we need the F105 and the F4 phantom II to go along with it so we can craft some Vietnam reflys and other great events of the past.:thumbup:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

The Mig-17 was the primary air opponent in Vietnam.

Dang your right, i think I hear a sucking air sound, probably a vacuum leak in my head somewhere.:cry:

It would've been a great thought if it was a 17 instead of a 15.

Thanks for setting me straight. :doh:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Dang your right, i think I hear a sucking air sound, probably a vacuum leak in my head somewhere.:cry:

It would've been a great thought if it was a 17 instead of a 15.

Thanks for setting me straight. :doh:

I hope to see a 17 in DCS but I would really like a 19 and 25.

Interestingly enough not much is said about tactics used against the Phantoms and the 17s would bounce the Phantoms and then the 21s would strike. Would make for an interesting dynamic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd love to see this period covered.

I do see some obstacles though - such as Boeing. The F4 would be top of my list as a priority for development to the same standard as the A-10C.

Mig-17, Invader, the list goes on.

I do however wish the developers could sit down and between them come up with a co-ordinated plan for what to concentrate on, or we'll all be in our graves before most of this stuff would materialise.

To that end, here would be my list of priorities...

Korea/Viet Nam - with the Middle East 1967 thrown in.

Cold War 50s/60s/70s

Modern (1980s onwards)

WW2

But of course, we'd all have our own ideas of what to do first, so we'll probably end up with a piecemeal collection of a little of this, a little of that, and never get a complete picture.

Korea/Viet Nam - with the Middle East 1967 thrown in.

Hell yeah! That's my #1 as well!

I remember flying the F4 and Intruder on the Amiga...Than Hoa...I get them flashbacks now, man ;)

Apart from the periods, I agree fully on the need of a coordinated plan. What bothers me the most are the new maps. Yeah, I'm a crybaby alright - haven't even tried them out yet but I'm already sobbing :doh: But get this: Who wants Vegas? Who wants the oil emirates? I just need one Vietnam map and one Afghanistan map and I'll be set for life.

Guess I'm crazy...

I'm sure eventually every theatre will be faithfully reproduced.

The NTTR is a legacy from a pre-release promise, and ED had the resources passed on from the original developers.

I'm definitely not averse to the straights of Hormuz, because that has to be the biggest flashpoint on the planet.

But yeah, with lots of developers each doing their best to produce airframes based on what knowledge they can find, and access to pilots/real aircraft, I guess a co-ordinated approach would be very difficult to achieve, but in an ideal world, would make DCS World far more cohesive.

I would prefer a coordinated approach too. I don't think it would be that hard to pull off, they really just need to hop on skype together and figure out who's going to do what. We know BST is doing the AH-1W and an Mi-24 of some sort (hopefully V or newer), we also know LNS is doing an F-14 (unknown model) and very likely a MiG-23 after that. Aviodev is undecided it seems, proposing one of the following: Mirage F.1, F-104G or F-5B. Cortex and ED are doing F/A-18's and VEAO is doing WW2 + the Eurofighter Typhoon.

Excluding VEAO and Cortex, that's actually reasonably concentrated around the 1970's to 1990. That already fits most DCS modules + FC3. The only things to do are to convince someone to do a Vietnam map and get Aviodev to pick either the Mirage F.1 or the F-5E (as opposed to their suggestion of the B model). Not that the F-104G would be bad, I'd love it, but it doesn't fit in as well as the other two.

• 4 weeks later...
we need the F105 and the F4 phantom II to go along with it so we can craft some Vietnam reflys and other great events of the past.:thumbup:

Well, the Belsimtek Mig-15bis should prove to be a very good trainer for a simulated NVAF or VPAF sim pilot. I don't think that the Mig-15bis was used in combat against the F105 and the F4 phantom II over Vietnam, but I am pretty sure that the Mig-15UTI and maybe even some Mig15bis machines were used to train NVAF and VPAF Mig-17 pilots. I am pretty sure that the Mig-15bis will be more challenging to sim fly than the Mig-17, so if we get good with the Mig-15bis, we should be able to transition to the better performing and handling Mig-17, without too much pain.

:thumbup: MJ

Edited by mjmorrow

I think we will never see Mig-17 or 19 from Belsimtek. Almost identical plane with different systems or engine or whatever. If You ask me, it would be a waste of development time. It's better to put it into something new. Cobra for example. But I REALLY HOPE for Mig-29! Maybe K variant???? Yeah...I'm dreaming. :-)

I think we will never see Mig-17 or 19 from Belsimtek. Almost identical plane with different systems or engine or whatever. If You ask me, it would be a waste of development time. It's better to put it into something new. Cobra for example. But I REALLY HOPE for Mig-29! Maybe K variant???? Yeah...I'm dreaming. :-)

The Mig-17 is an essential plane for any historical Vietnam scenario. It is the main plane type the NVAF used against US pilots. The Mig-17 has significantly improved performance characteristics and other capabilities over the Mig-15. The Mig-15 is a NVAF trainer, the Mig-17 is their go to combat aircraft.

:thumbup:MJ

The Mig-17 is an essential plane for any historical Vietnam scenario. It is the main plane type the NVAF used against US pilots. The Mig-17 has significantly improved performance characteristics and other capabilities over the Mig-15. The Mig-15 is a NVAF trainer, the Mig-17 is their go to combat aircraft.

:thumbup:MJ

I can understand that, but since they've decided to model Mig-15 BIS, we will have to have fun with this one. :-)

Edited by Rabbit_

I can understand that, but since they've decided to model Mig-15 BIS, we will have to fun with this one. :-)

Making the Mig-15bis is a great good and I am definitely going to join you in enjoying the lovely Mig-15bis. Still, the Mig-15bis has nothing to do with the need for a Mig-17 on a Vietnam map. The Mig-17 is a much better performing transonic and the go to plane for the NVAF. The Mig-17 will eat the Mig-15 for breakfast, they are not interchangeable substitutes for one another.

Making the Mig-15bis is a great good and I am definitely going to join you in enjoying the lovely Mig-15bis. Still, the Mig-15bis has nothing to do with the need for a Mig-17 on a Vietnam map. The Mig-17 is a much better performing transonic and the go to plane for the NVAF. The Mig-17 will eat the Mig-15 for breakfast, they are not interchangeable substitutes for one another.

Then, You can only pray for someone, who will make 17 in the future.:thumbup:

And I don't think they wanted to make a Vietnam era dogfighter. More like Korean war counter part for Sabre. Or? :-o

Yeah, I don't think the team was thinking of a good ride for a simulated NVAF. :lol: I think that Korea was a factor. I also think that the Belsimtek F86F and and Mig-15bis are much more than just Korean War counterparts and that the team wanted to bring high quality, unique, and fun products to the DCS table, since this is the tradition for DCS and what customers now appreciate and expect. There is a reason why DCS has a reputation for being a unique, premium, and hardcore flight simulator.

The F86F is a transonic air superiority fighter and the Mig-15bis is a transonic bomber interceptor. The two machines are both optimized for very different roles and bring something unique to the table. I think that training on the Sabre and the Fagot will absolutely help persons learn to appreciate the capabilities and limitations of a potential future Vietnam era Mig-17, but the utility for having the Sabre and the Fagot go well and beyond a Korea scenario or anticipating a Vietnam scenario.

I think both modules are worth having, without regard to such considerations as a particular theater or map. I highly recommend the Sabre, since I have it and adore the machine. I suspect that I will be equally enthusiastic about the Belsimtek Mig-15bis.

Edited by mjmorrow

cobra is good choice for rotorcraft section but i hope to see mig-17 or 19 variants from belsimtek.

mig-29 is already wip by ED like other fc3 aircrafts( hope to see all fc3 aircrafts with full clickable)

'k' version is good idea!

Yeah, I don't think the team was thinking of a good ride for a simulated NVAF. :lol: I think that Korea was a factor. I also think that the Belsimtek F86F and and Mig-15bis are much more than just Korean War counterparts and that the team wanted to bring high quality, unique, and fun products to the DCS table, since this is the tradition for DCS and what customers now appreciate and expect. There is a reason why DCS has a reputation for being a unique, premium, and hardcore flight simulator.

The F86F is a transonic air superiority fighter and the Mig-15bis is a transonic bomber interceptor. The two machines are both optimized for very different roles and bring something unique to the table. I think that training on the Sabre and the Fagot will absolutely help persons learn to appreciate the capabilities and limitations of a potential future Vietnam era Mig-17, but the utility for having the Sabre and the Fagot go well and beyond a Korea scenario or anticipating a Vietnam scenario.

I think both modules are worth having, without regard to such considerations as a particular theater or map. I highly recommend the Sabre, since I have it and adore the machine. I suspect that I will be equally enthusiastic about the Belsimtek Mig-15bis.

Yeah...I´m not expecting the Mig to has some deep campaign, but I will love to fly it a learn it into some level.

Where is it, BTW? :-P

Yeah...I´m not expecting the Mig to has some deep campaign, but I will love to fly it a learn it into some level.

Where is it, BTW? :-P

I hope the answer to your question is the Mig-15bis will be on our computers, tonight. :prop: I have no idea, though. Your guess is as good as mine. Sometime in February 2015 is my best guess.

P.S. I am really looking forward to this release. :cheer3nc:The Belsimtek MIG-15bis ( :wub:) should be a whole lot of fun.

I hope the answer to your question is the Mig-15bis will be on our computers, tonight. :prop: I have no idea, though. Your guess is as good as mine. Sometime in February 2015 is my best guess.

P.S. I am really looking forward to this release. :cheer3nc:The Belsimtek MIG-15bis ( :wub:) should be a whole lot of fun.

:) let´s hope.

I already said it somewhere on the forum, but I´m really amazed by the MiG´s cockpit. The modelling and texturing work on this is f*cking amazing. It has so many details and so many "non-standard" parts put together! Can´t wait to hop in and study all the details. :smilewink: