MiG-15bis Screenshots and Videos

lucien

yes.....stunning aircraft. Everything including the scenery is just visually wonderful.

My question is: Is this edge? From all of the videos and pictures thus far, everything is so friggin insanely detailed and life like that I am wondering if it's not their hardware that makes it look so awesome. I know that when a developer in Xplane or FSX comes out with a new AC, they showcase it and it looks great compared to anything that I have, and when I purchase and download it, my version pales in comparison because I have a $300 video card and they're using an Nvidia Quadro K6000 or something crazy like that.

I have to say that DCS has always delivered the absolute best quality releases that are pretty accurate to the promos they put out. If this is the case here......I'm never going to leave my computer when Edge and these new planes are released.

So awesome.........................

Yes, it is indeed EDGE. All the trailers are shot in EDGE.

• 2 weeks later...

I can hardly wait to see the DCS korean war dogfighting. after I saw these amazing pictures, I have two more hopes.

One is the front panel. I hope the front panel looks more metal like, and More ware and tear, scratch, scar on it will make it more photo-real.

The other, those three black plastic ball-shape handle looks not so round. I mean they jump out of the photo realistic cockpit.

How do you think?

thank you

Edited by bin801

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

This is basic tutorial of how to taxi and takeoff in the DCS: MiG-15bis. Please note that this video uses un-released, work-in-progress builds of DCS: MiG-15bis, DCS World 2, and the NTTR map. As such, this video may not represent the final products. Cue the WIP nit-pickers...

DCS: MiG-15bis is available for pre-purchase at:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/mig15bis/

Read more about DCS World 2 and the NTTR map here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2256929&postcount=1

wow wow and more wow you guys are really showcasing the new NTTR map! I feel like the release is soon...

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Cue the WIP nit-pickers...

biggrin.gif

BTW: Thanks for the video! drinks_cheers.gif

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS is soaring!

Some can't take the waiting and will criticize the initial bug galore but I personally always prefer serious updates and rewrites over the duct-taping so infamous in software development.

"This concludes(...)"

I hate this part :)

PS. constant peg exposure

Does 'exposure' mean during those missions USAF pilots were supposed to gain experience while being exposed (i.e. put against) to enemy aircraft?

Don't get me wrong, the interior/cockpit texturing is beautiful, and is done with a high degree of skill. But does anyone else agree that it looks a little bit on cartoony side? Especially the instrument cluster and the light globe indicators?

02.jpg

for comparison

ScreenShot_230.jpg_Thumbnail0.jpg?1396958336391482

Edited by FlyingHighAU

Don't get me wrong, the interior/cockpit texturing is beautiful, and is done with a high degree of skill. But does anyone else agree that it looks a little bit on cartoony side? Especially the instrument cluster and the light globe indicators?

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/images/products/mig15bis/02.jpg[/i MG]

Maybe a bit oversaturated. Indeed this kind of shades of green and red are hard to achieve IRL in daylight.

It doesn't look cartoony to me. Also, I think it's one of the best looking cockpits in the game.

I absolutely agree with You. The amount of detail is crazy!!! Everything looks like it really has been assembled piece by piece. I really would like to see the wireframe of this cockpit. :-)

02.jpg

for comparison

ScreenShot_230.jpg_Thumbnail0.jpg?1396958336391482

Well it is the 50's. Everything looked cartoony and colorful back then :)

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Fantastic video Matt! It’s great that you are releasing these vids so frequently! Truly groundbreaking stuff! I remember working on an IBM commercial as a teen and playing one of the first flight simulators ever created. It was black and white with wire frame graphics for an Apple II computer one of the technical guys had… I played with it for hours… that’s what hooked me. Since then I had always wondered what the future would hold. Well the future is here and it’s definitely the one I was hoping for!

Edited by rjetster1

I think the cockpit looks great and am very excited for the Nevada map.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

• 2 weeks later...