left / right DDI font color

Would it be possible to replace the font color of the left and right DDI ??

I'm using a mod which allows me to modify the HUD text color, and i thought, that should be possible for the DDI's, also

Thanks in advance

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Any ideas, guys?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Thanks a million, I'll give it a try right now

LE : do you know, where exactly are the DDI colors ?

And by the way : when i modify some colors ( generally speaking ) i'm using Color Cop, to find out the color code

But Color Cop has only RGB - 0, 0, 0 / #000000 ( for example, black )

Here ( materials.lua ) are 4 codes, like :

94, 202, 0, 255

I can't find out which color is that

Thank you, again

Edited by Lenux

I'll try to replace the green, with some blue color, I hope I can :)

Thank you very much

I replaced the left / right DDI font color

What about the rest ( left panel and right panel ) and everything with green, inside the cockpit ?

Could you help me, please, with this location, too ?

Thank you very very much, Nikola

Could you please upload the file, Nate?

@Nikola, I'm not sure, either, if that's possible, but I hope so

Edited by Lenux

Thanks a million

Sweet, gotta try this. Might test out white to get that Superhornet Block II look.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

I wish we could change the cockpit lights, also

Thanks Nikola!

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

• 4 months later...

Did someone test these new ddi font colors in vr?

Does it noticably increase sharpness/readability?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Did someone test these new ddi font colors in vr?

Does it noticably increase sharpness/readability?

I made the DDI black instead of green, on my side i found it does help a bit as it adds more contrast and i like it better, doesn'T represent Lot 20, but i like most recent ones black instead of green, as per the color, might help a bit yellowish, but for sure, it's more readable on the moving map, not 500% more, but a bit more than green. As per sharpness, i edited another .lua file that makes the text a bit thiner, less bold, so does help a bit.

• 1 month later...
I made the DDI black instead of green, on my side i found it does help a bit as it adds more contrast and i like it better, doesn'T represent Lot 20, but i like most recent ones black instead of green, as per the color, might help a bit yellowish, but for sure, it's more readable on the moving map, not 500% more, but a bit more than green. As per sharpness, i edited another .lua file that makes the text a bit thiner, less bold, so does help a bit.

Could you detail how did you do?

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Could you provide the details on how to edit the .lua for thinning the text and making it less bold.

Thanks

Do you know how to do it and have only MPCD to be white as the real Hornet.

Thanks

in the materials.lua file, there is a portion, line 27 for LMDI

Below that is RMDI, and below that is HI (which is the AMPCD)

MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.LMDI] = {255, 255, 255, 255} -- MDI original

MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.RMDI] = MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.LMDI]

MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.HI] = MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.LMDI]

By Default the RMDI, and HI (AMPCD) both reference the LMDI for color. All you have to do is replace the section after the = sign (MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.LMDI] section) with your RGB color codes, and a 255...

Example: MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.HI] ={255, 0, 29, 255}

Will make the AMPCD text red.

You can also do the same for RMDI if you want it a separate color from the LMDI. This will allow a different color for each MDI if desired. I personally made my L and R MDIs white, and the AMPCD red. this seemed to be the best readability in VR for me... (I am still tweaking things though)

• 10 months later...

For VR I now use these edits

- Makes the Fonts crisper

- adds a black surround to the text on the colour display so you can see them when using the moving map

- option to change the font to a dull white

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator\MDG_strokesDefs.lua

stroke_thickness = 0.9

stroke_fuzziness = 0.25

-- Currently is used for DMC generated fonts black outline

DMC_outline_thickness = stroke_thickness * 3.0

DMC_outline_fuzziness = stroke_fuzziness * 8.0

DMC_stroke_thickness = 1.0

DMC_stroke_fuzziness = 0.3

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\materials.lua

MDG_materials[MDG_SELF_IDS.LMDI] = {220, 220, 220, 255}

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog