[COMING LATER] ATFLIR

Nospin44

When there is news on the ATFLIR, we will certainly discuss. I think we've been pretty open talking about new Hornet features when there is news to share.

+1

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

ATFLIR is called Advanced Aiming Forward Looking Infrared Pod. As the name implies, does it mean that this pod has only infrared mode?

As far I know it also has a normal CCD Camera as well for when you don't want to use IR mode.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 5 months later...
it has three legacy pod system(TFLIR,NAVFLIR and LST)。It is a mixed pod. It has many abilities.

ATFLIR is a single pod system with targeting FLIR, LST, and (at least at one point) NAVFLIR built into the cheek pylon.

To answer OP: ATFLIR has an A2A mode, but my understanding is it has no IRST functionality, not like the Flanker/Fulcrum. You can slave it to radar contacts to visual ID them though.

Irst I don't think so..but has an AA mode as you can visually id targets locked on the radar

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I want to see some eye candy of the TGP on the MFD in test....come on Wags!

+1 here, they are aimming to get it ready somewhere along June.

TGPs have been used in the past as a crutch, or poor man’s IRST, to bridge the technology gap, I.E USAF F-15Cs flyibg with SNIPER. In terms of actual IRST capability, the US is fielding IRST pods.

If it's going to be an IRST and not a FLIR, don't know why they don't adopt the Japanese solution - IRST mounted on top of the nose (Sukhoi style).

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

+1 here, they are aimming to get it ready somewhere along June.

They are aiming to release the litening in June, they still showed absolutely nothing about the ATFLIR and the much more important update (IMHO) of the new IR renderer. For all we know those are still months away.

I hope TGP can recognize only hot targets, not like camera in maverick F where everything on the ground is hot.

i7 6700k / Gtx 1070 / 32GB DDR4 / SSD / Warthog / 2 MFD / Saitek Rudders / RiftCV1 / Rift S...

A10C / F5 / F14 / F16 / F18 / M2000 / HARRIER / FC3 / HUEY / GAZELLE / MI-8 / MI-24 / KA-50 / KIOWA / CB ARMS / SUPER CARRIER / PERSIAN GULF / NEVADA

For F-18C FLIR, tracing can be enabled. Some public information can be found.

If radar is not in STT and FLIR is in autotrack and RSET is selected then the FLIR autotrack target is designated as the L and S target and the L and S design is removed from any previously selected target.

• 2 months later...

Will ATFLIR continue to develop?

We already have a targeting pod. What I want to know is that the planned ATFLIR will continue to be developed? Or has it been completely replaced by the current target pod and will it not continue?

• ED Team

Hi

ATFLIR will come later in early access

edit: threads merged

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I would be glad to know the differences between Lightening Targeting pod and the ALTFLIR or linked to thread where this has been discussed before now.

Secondly, what happens to the present Lightening Pod when the ALTFLIR comes online?

Will we be having the two pods as choices to select from?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I would be glad to know the differences between Lightening Targeting pod and the ALTFLIR or linked to thread where this has been discussed before now.

Secondly, what happens to the present Lightening Pod when the ALTFLIR comes online?

Will we be having the two pods as choices to select from?

Greater magnification and a FLIR system similar to AV8B. There may be a heat source tracking function. It is also possible to have the ability to fuse SAR radar images and optimize SAR images.