A4M Skyhawk II?

Just wondering if there is a Top Gun A4M in the works or at least increasing the thrust to the A4M specs. I'd love to use it for a adversary when the F-14 comes out.

"A-4M — Dedicated Marine version with improved avionics and more powerful J52-P-408 engine with 11,200 lbf (50 kN) thrust, enlarged cockpit, IFF system. Later fitted with Hughes AN/ASB-19 Angle Rate Bombing System (ARBS) with TV and laser spot tracker, 158 built"

"TOPGUN introduced the notion of Dissimilar Air Combat Training (DACT) using the Douglas A-4E “Skyhawk” in the striped "Mongoose" configuration with fixed slats. The small size of the Douglas “Skyhawk” and superb low speed handling in the hands of a well trained aviator made it ideal to teach fleet aviators the finer points of DACT. The squadrons eventually began to display vivid threat type paint schemes signifying their transition into the primary role of Adversary training. To better perform the Adversary role, single-seat Douglas A-4E and A-4F “Skyhawk” models were introduced into the role, but the ultimate “Skyhawk” was the "Super Fox," which was equipped with the uprated J52-P-408 engine similar to the configuration used by the Blue Angels"

And WOW! I just love flying this plane!!! ABSOLUTELY NO COMPLAINTS you guys did an amazing job, I'm flying this aircraft more than any other now. Thank you so much!

Edited by Harley Davidson
adding material

yea A4M would be nice with its more advanced avionics suite.

Although TV screen wasn't exclusive to the A4M. was an option to swap out the An/apg53A radar scope display for a Sony made TV screen display for A4E and A4F models that were wired to carry the AGm62 Walleye. Either that or AN/APG 53B with dual purpose display for both radar and tv modes.

Not to mention A4M has reference of a more suitable rwr being referenced. ( initially An/APR25 with scope display and later AN/ALR45)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Yes, trying to simulate the aircraft and performance with the A4's F5's and the F14's would be awesome. I guess everyone is anticipating the release of the F14 so having the A4 to train with would be fantastic.

The guys who made the A4 did an amazing job, such a pleasure to fly!!! If there is no "M" tweak to the A4 I'll still use it no problem, just love to see some Top Gun style servers on Multi to hone skills.

It would be great to adjust the load outs to include air to air missiles of the same type to encourage close quarter BFM for guns and missiles, relying on pilot skill and how well the pilot knows the aircraft they are flying... I'm sure this would be fantastic game play and a real challenge.

Edited by Harley Davidson

Yeah, this one is a home run. I spent all night in it flying wing, it was real work but after dampening the axis a bit she flies smoooo-ooth!! It's really well done, I mean the radar and nav stuff is incredibly well made and functions about as good as the paid modules. I'm very impressed.