Multiplayer synchronisation bugs

davidp57

Hi Polychop,

Is there a plan to fix the Multicrew bugs in the Gazelle anytime soon ?

This is such a great platform to fly with a buddy !

Cheers !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Thanks.

At least it's on the list ;)

I've been spoiled by the F14 multicrew implementation, which is almost flawless and made me dream about a multicrewed Gazelle !

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Thanks.

At least it's on the list ;)

I've been spoiled by the F14 multicrew implementation, which is almost flawless and made me dream about a multicrewed Gazelle !

F14 is working nice because there's only a limited amount of interactions between the two cockpits so it's very hard to notice desynchronization (and there is already on the few buttons that the rio can interact with in the front).

Actually the only thing shared it the cockpit is the ejection seat switch. The rest of them are 2 different buttons with the same function.

Chinook lover - Rober -

I understand.

But this does not explain the desync with the global state of the helicopter ; for example, often my chef de bord doesn't even see that the engine is running and the rotor is turning, while the same thing it never happens in the F14.

Anyway, as I said, glad it's on the list and here's to hoping it'll get corrected.

I understand.

But this does not explain the desync with the global state of the helicopter ; for example, often my chef de bord doesn't even see that the engine is running and the rotor is turning, while the same thing it never happens in the F14.

Anyway, as I said, glad it's on the list and here's to hoping it'll get corrected.

Happy to see you like it. But I have to say it again, it's not the same. As they are separete cockpits the sync works different, wandering why UH doesn't have MC. Belsimtek has to do his UH1H multicrew yet, and the UH was released before the gazelle. So I won't ask for MC in the SA until our Huey get one.

Chinook lover - Rober -

The F-14 are two separate cockpits without interaction, e.g. as a RIO you don't and can't see what the pilot is doing in his part of the cockpit.

As RIO, all you see is the interaction with the environment, e.g. the pilot putting the aircraft in a turn. Both cockpits are separated.

In the S342 this is not the case, the synchronization between the two parts of one cockpit needs much more coordination. The pilot can flip switches on the gunner's panel and vice versa, up to a degree. This needs far more network traffic as opposed to the F-14.

Let's hope ED optimizes the one cockpit / two persons code. The L-39 and the F-14 are the two aircrafts using multicrew and it's easier because it entails two separate cockpits.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

The F-14 are two separate cockpits without interaction, e.g. as a RIO you don't and can't see what the pilot is doing in his part of the cockpit.

As RIO, all you see is the interaction with the environment, e.g. the pilot putting the aircraft in a turn. Both cockpits are separated.

In the S342 this is not the case, the synchronization between the two parts of one cockpit needs much more coordination. The pilot can flip switches on the gunner's panel and vice versa, up to a degree. This needs far more network traffic as opposed to the F-14.

Let's hope ED optimizes the one cockpit / two persons code. The L-39 and the F-14 are the two aircrafts using multicrew and it's easier because it entails two separate cockpits.

Correct

Chinook lover - Rober -