Diveplanes DCS A10C audio mod package

For Some proper GAU8 please check out:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80964

Sorry to hijack your thread DIVE. Looking forward to some competiton, hah. :D

Nah man. But may I ask what you are focussing on? Guns? Impacts? Engine? Ambient sounds? Tell me. :) I'm an audiophile, perhaps we can get a combined project going.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

Hey diveplane, you sound modding is very much needed and highly anticipated :) I thought I should give you a link to a video with nice sound quality of taking off, diving, fast passes, high thrust, low thrust, taxi sounds, etc. Might find it useful:

Some notes, really loud and distinctive jet sound (and also a bit of the usual A-10 buzzing sound) of the aircraft approaching and then going away, a good example is 0:36 and 4:00.

Also interesting sound when increasing thrust at 7:02.

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to this.

If you like a sound of my ArmA2 Sound-Mod for BS1, feel free to use it.

(see Signature)

Good work, but I have a question. In the video you posted, the distortion effect is nice, but it has a bit of a beat to it, where it seems to fade off and then come back, then fade off again, rinse, repeat. Is it possible to add some amount of randomization or noise to the effect in order to make it sound more natural, instead of sounding like a recycled recording?

In addition, the real A-10 has a distinctive buzz that you can hear when it is coming towards you. Is it possible to add this into the mod as well?

Again, I realize this is only a WIP, but still never hurts to point out these things.

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Good work, but I have a question. In the video you posted, the distortion effect is nice, but it has a bit of a beat to it, where it seems to fade off and then come back, then fade off again, rinse, repeat. Is it possible to add some amount of randomization or noise to the effect in order to make it sound more natural, instead of sounding like a recycled recording?

In addition, the real A-10 has a distinctive buzz that you can hear when it is coming towards you. Is it possible to add this into the mod as well?

Again, I realize this is only a WIP, but still never hurts to point out these things.

the distinctive TF34GE100Fan blade audio is there in a10.

no clue what your on about recycled recording? , to correct u most of the sounds ingame are looped, this alone takes lots of cpu processing. longer and more detailed loops, = more cpu hits,got to draw a line in the sand somewhere. also adding new sounds is dev process addition only, as its all hard coded in the sim, so we got to make do with whats available.

i use lots of video footage to compare, i know how the a10 sounds, i find the sounds very powerful and realistic...

thx for your comments.

Edited by diveplane

Maybe I didn't exactly word this correctly. When I was referring to the looping of the sound, I know that that is how sounds work, but I was asking if a certain amount of noise could be added to it so that is doesn't SOUND like a track being looped over and over again. I realize however, that ultimately that what I am ultimately asking for is something of a dynamic effect, and that you probably can't mod anything like this into the sim.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Just thought this info I put in a PM has also a value for some of you that are subscribed to this threads:

Hi, Diveplane!

This autohotkey scripts I have made use this Command line.

http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/SoundPlay.htm

It is no poart of DCS - it's triggered by the hotkey that activates the NVG-Mod.

Here is the un-compiled script for a better look:

$#h:: ; hotkey that starts this script = Win+h

SetKeyDelay, 50

SoundPlay, C:\Program Files (x86)\3RVX\Skins\nvg-on.wav

sleep 500

Sendevent ^i

Sendevent {RShift Down}{h Down}{h Up}{RShift Up} ; activate NVG of DCS

Loop

{

if GetKeyState("h","P")

break

Sendevent ^i

}

sleep 60

Sendevent {RShift Down}{h Down}{h Up}{RShift Up} ; de-activate NVG of DCS

Sendevent {Volume_Down }{Volume_Up }

SoundPlay, C:\Program Files (x86)\3RVX\Skins\nvg-off.wav

return

Originally Posted by diveplane

how you managing to add new audios into the sim thought it was hard coded?

So there is no witchery!

But I get your idea!...

It should be possible to watch/read out the export-lua of DCS with autohotkey and play specific sound in various conditions - determined by the export-lua.

At high AOA for a wind sound for instance -and same file much louder when the aircraft is about to stall on high speeds....

and on top of this autohotkey could switch on/off the Cockpit jiggle ( J+LShift) when the conditions are right...

I use Autohotkey most of the time "only" to program all my controllers in one file (instead using Foxy/SST/whatever...)- it's a very powerfull and complex scripting language

and has many import/export functions that I never touched and should may work (though - with many limitations) to do something described above...

Sure worth to have a look at it - and when I find time I'm sure will assist you with your sound-mod for test and scripting...

just brows a little in the command-list of autohotkey (Excellent documentation...many example scripts..) - the scripts can be compiled as standalone exe for 86/64 bit with one click...

You can write menus for complex tasks... and so on.

Cheers!

Edited by PeterP

Truly looking forward to this mod. Listened to the beta sound files and they are, just as always, awsome!

I7-4790K with Corsair H110 / Asus Maximus VII HERO / 2 x 8 GB Corsair Platinum 2400 / Asus GTX980ti / OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB for OS / Corsair ax760i / Corsair Carbide 540 / Samsung EVO 500GB for games

/ CM 690 / Track IR5 / Logitech Extreme 3D / Saitek Proflight yoke, rudder & two USB throttle quadrants / Saitek X55 /

VRinsight TT planel / Thrustmaster T500RS / Samsung SM P2770HD / 1000 cables.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just a heads up and some great news for us, i managed to get in touch with a former a10 pilot, flew the hog 10 years ago, asked him for valued input on my audios, he says they are very accurate,

so there u have it cant ask for a better person to listen to them.

mod will be out soon enough all i can say for now , however theres a few audios broken or in process of being altered around ,so will see if ed fix these before releasing the mod.

Edited by diveplane

just a heads up and some great news for us, i managed to get in touch with a former a10 pilot, flew the hog 10 years ago, asked him for valued input on my audios, he says they are very accurate,

so there u have it cant ask for a better person to listen to them.

mod will be out soon enough all i can say for now , however theres a few audios broken or in process of being altered around ,so will see if ed fix these before releasing the mod.

10 years ago, he's just an A model pilot ;)

Just being smart...looking forward to this mod...

10 years ago, he's just an A model pilot ;)

Just being smart...looking forward to this mod...

yes i asked him that, but the a10a still sounds the same as the c version,

and the gun. i also introduced him to the simulation software , dont think he has the time to fly on computer though.

I think Paulrkiii should take a sound recording while sitting in the pit, and doing a walk around. If there's one thing that bugs me, it's the outside view sounds when panning the camera around the jet. From front to rear, the sounds don't change but the volume does. The sounds are completely different front to back.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]