PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

New chargers arrived today, thanks.

Miles, just wondering if you had a chance to check the issue I had with the FCUs and using it to control the Gazelle standby ADI?

Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I am sorry Miles I missed your reply. It is plugged directly into my computer with the additional part I got from you, was it a debugger??? It worked fine for months, it started when I added the AUX buttons and upgraded the firmware. I have disconnected the AUX buttons but that does not seems to help. I will look at it again this weekend.

Hey Dutch,

The additional part is a charge monitor and is used to monitor and check the batteries while charging. It has many uses outside of PointCTRL, I thought I added a page in the instructions for it, I will have to check.

The charge monitor should not cause any problems, but I would unplug it from from your PC and use it once in a while to test your batteries while charging to see when they need to be replaced. Lipos are typically good for 500 charges.

Back to your PointCTRL issue. It sounds like it might not have flashed the firmware correctly. I would try to reflash it again, ensuring the black box does not disappear as soon as you hit the spacebar.

I usually park myself in discord voice help when I am at my workstation so jump on if you see me, or let me know when you will be on and we can screen share and talk as you update.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we will get it sorted.

Miles

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

New chargers arrived today, thanks.

Miles, just wondering if you had a chance to check the issue I had with the FCUs and using it to control the Gazelle standby ADI?

Cheers

Hey Mojo,

Damn, I started looking into that and got distracted by something shiny. My bad, to many projects going on, and I supposed to be retired.

As a recap to be sure I still have down what you would like to be able to do.

1) Set the mouse wheel direction as normal with FCU buttons 1 or 2

2) Hold Left Click with FCU button 1 on one hand, and then mouse wheel move with FCU button 3 on the other hand.

I believe I was changing the code not to release the mouse button when pressing FCU button 3, but it was causing a conflict when it was eventually released.

Next time I am in the code for an update I will try and finish it.

Thanks for reminding me.

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Hey Dutch,

The additional part is a charge monitor and is used to monitor and check the batteries while charging. It has many uses outside of PointCTRL, I thought I added a page in the instructions for it, I will have to check.

The charge monitor should not cause any problems,

Miles

you are going to laugh, I put the charge monitor between my PC and USB from the headset :doh: I took out and plugged in the USB and did a quick test and it saw my controls again. I will test more later.

A very clear example of PBKAC

Peter

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Hey Mojo,

Damn, I started looking into that and got distracted by something shiny. My bad, to many projects going on, and I supposed to be retired.

As a recap to be sure I still have down what you would like to be able to do.

1) Set the mouse wheel direction as normal with FCU buttons 1 or 2

2) Hold Left Click with FCU button 1 on one hand, and then mouse wheel move with FCU button 3 on the other hand.

I believe I was changing the code not to release the mouse button when pressing FCU button 3, but it was causing a conflict when it was eventually released.

Next time I am in the code for an update I will try and finish it.

Thanks for reminding me.

Miles

Not quite Miles. Basically pressing button 2 while pressing button 1 at the same time releases button 1 so they both don't work at the same time - that probably sums it up. lol.

So at the moment I can press FCU button 1 and scroll the Standby ADI with the actual mouse wheel (but that loses immersion for me). It seems only an issue to uncage this particular indicator where both buttons need to be pressed simultaneously. Once it is uncaged (flag removed) it can be set as normal using button 2 like the main artifical horizon (which doesn't need to be uncaged using both buttons 1 and 2 together.

Cheers

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Not quite Miles. Basically pressing button 2 while pressing button 1 at the same time releases button 1 so they both don't work at the same time - that probably sums it up. lol.

So at the moment I can press FCU button 1 and scroll the Standby ADI with the actual mouse wheel (but that loses immersion for me). It seems only an issue to uncage this particular indicator where both buttons need to be pressed simultaneously. Once it is uncaged (flag removed) it can be set as normal using button 2 like the main artificial horizon (which doesn't need to be uncaged using both buttons 1 and 2 together.

Cheers

So you need to press FCU buttons 1 and 2 together (Mouse left and right click together) to uncage the standby ADI. Then once uncaged to press FCU buttons 1 or 2 (mouse left click and right) to manually level out standby ADI.

Got it, I hope.

It's the same code that I have was working on that currently releases a previous mouse press when a new mouse button is pressed. It should probably not do that anyway.

I really like the fact that you don't want to touch your mouse anymore. I will keep you posted on the next update that will include this change.

In the interim will this this button uncage the standby ADI, so you don't have to use the mouse.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3339046&postcount=7

Thanks,

Miles

Edit: What a dumbass I am, we are talking about the Gazelle.

Digital%2BCombat%2BSimulator%2B2017-12-29%2B10.26.58.png?Expires=1595696400&Signature=yTUfPVD07OMxg3~zvSyAz5cCt0mDigouwlCRJOmM-etk3VDJfiESVX6ob1A2qUoJKohSDupJb6sB1JTWFRgXZ2hj9Lyio6oJIem-aABjvY1qy3wCzhZBvDo9ILBl9EsTFkzjw-9ZHXpwq~grd5kqybwSZEHYMCF7d0P-AZU3jt7n-cCjc4H0jZEMsYsR7QnG4jecm2KLsclluhRrMm1BUYwFikyLXstOZuSDrQz6ZjcQcKw8~Y8UEHKuPoE7yZg32RsRrGh1dIalGf6xDDiG70NbGZKycJ09GZk1Is1RgnaUB0lX~Ix24WiumsM79IpQKQaeCoa4gkiIs1Gk0uR-BQ__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJBCGYQYURKHBGCOA

Edited by MilesD

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

MilesD, FYI your Private Message storage has maxed out. can't do step 3 of ordering. anyway proceeding with step 4. Thanks

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

Hi Miles.

This may help with Mr Mojo97’s problem above.

I had a similar problem trying to cage the artificial horizon on the P-51.

This required a double command: hold down left mouse button and scroll forward to pull out and then turn the knob.

This cannot be done on just one FCU, but commands on BOTH FCUs can be recognised at the same time.

My solution was

1. Left FCU off target – click button 1 then hold button 3 to give continuous scroll forward command.

2. Right FCU – select target knob and click button 1.

3. Knob is pulled out and rotates.

The FCUs commands can be reversed, but I wanted the hand ‘touching’ the knob to trigger the action.

This is all magic to me. Thanks for all the hard work.

So you need to press FCU buttons 1 and 2 together (Mouse left and right click together) to uncage the standby ADI. Then once uncaged to press FCU buttons 1 or 2 (mouse left click and right) to manually level out standby ADI.

Got it, I hope.

It's the same code that I have was working on that currently releases a previous mouse press when a new mouse button is pressed. It should probably not do that anyway.

I really like the fact that you don't want to touch your mouse anymore. I will keep you posted on the next update that will include this change.

In the interim will this this button uncage the standby ADI, so you don't have to use the mouse.

Thanks,

Miles

Digital%2BCombat%2BSimulator%2B2017-12-29%2B10.26.58.png?Expires=1595696400&Signature=yTUfPVD07OMxg3~zvSyAz5cCt0mDigouwlCRJOmM-etk3VDJfiESVX6ob1A2qUoJKohSDupJb6sB1JTWFRgXZ2hj9Lyio6oJIem-aABjvY1qy3wCzhZBvDo9ILBl9EsTFkzjw-9ZHXpwq~grd5kqybwSZEHYMCF7d0P-AZU3jt7n-cCjc4H0jZEMsYsR7QnG4jecm2KLsclluhRrMm1BUYwFikyLXstOZuSDrQz6ZjcQcKw8~Y8UEHKuPoE7yZg32RsRrGh1dIalGf6xDDiG70NbGZKycJ09GZk1Is1RgnaUB0lX~Ix24WiumsM79IpQKQaeCoa4gkiIs1Gk0uR-BQ__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJBCGYQYURKHBGCOA

Hi Miles.

Yeah, that's the gist of it Miles. So IRL you'd press the knob (wait for the flag to go), rotate and release the knob.

On the the left FCU you'd press button on 1 (wait for the flag to go), press button 2 simultaneously as button 1 then rotate and release. Used to work like that perfectly on the old firmware before the new AUX button firmware.

This required a double command: hold down left mouse button and scroll forward to pull out and then turn the knob.

This cannot be done on just one FCU, but commands on BOTH FCUs can be recognised at the same time.

My solution was

1. Left FCU off target – click button 1 then hold button 3 to give continuous scroll forward command.

The FCUs commands can be reversed, but I wanted the hand ‘touching’ the knob to trigger the action.

I couldn't get it to work like that with this particular gauge, but thanks - I tried in the P-51 as well as the Gazelle. But you know the problem though - you can use left mouse button (or button 1 on FCU) and scroll the mouse wheel to uncage the ADI- this works and still does. I are you using the new AUX button bank software?

Cheers

Got it, I hope.

Thanks,

Miles

Yeah, that's the gist of it Miles. So IRL you'd press the knob (wait for the flag to go), rotate and release the knob.

On the the left FCU you'd press button on 1 (wait for the flag to go), then press button 2 simultaneously as button 1 then rotate and release. Used to work like that perfectly on the old firmware before the new AUX button firmware.

ps there's no actual key binding assignment in game for this gauge and therefore has to be used using the mouse. I have to say that start up and flying works perfectly fine without the use of this gauge but then what's the point? I'm a sucker for procedural sims! lol

Hi Miles.

My solution was

I couldn't get it to work like that with this particular gauge, but thanks - I tried in the P-51 as well as the Gazelle for the same gauge. But you know the problem though - you can use left mouse button (or button 1 on FCU) and scroll the mouse wheel to uncage the ADI- this works and still does. But you used to be able to do it one handed like irl

I've got a feeling you may not be using the new AUX button bank firmware?

Cheers

Edited by mr_mojo97

The latest firmware allows a change in direction while holding FCU button 3 (mouse wheel scroll), it does not keep the FCU Button 1 or 2 pressed.

I think I changed the simultaneous left and right mouse press when I was trying to add a function where pressing multiple FCU buttons would generate a key to map, (like press FCU buttons 1 and 2 together for zoom). I had some conflicts so I ended up disabling that. I think Rogue Squadron was using the Multi-FCU Key Press and was not happy to see it go away.

I would like to at least map FCU buttons 1 and 2 pressed together for VR zoom, if pressing left and right mouse press together is not required for anything.

Any suggestions in this area would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Miles

Edited by MilesD

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

I think I was using two button presses for the ejection seat.

Miles, I just got my new cockpit put together, and am working on organizing the pictures I took so I can get a thread or at least a few posts put together.

I have a lot of control mapping to do... I've added my TM MFDs back to the setup with a 3d printed insert to help locating OSBs while in VR, and have also added the BuddyFox A-10C UFC and TekCreations F-16C ICP (and have the TekCreations F/A-18C UFC on the way).

I've also now gotten the RealSimulator F/A-18C grip, and this thing is a beauty!

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

The latest firmware allows a change in direction while holding FCU button 3 (mouse wheel scroll), it does not keep the FCU Button 1 or 2 pressed.

I think I changed the simultaneous left and right mouse press when I was trying to add a function where pressing multiple FCU buttons would generate a key to map, (like press FCU buttons 1 and 2 together for zoom). I had some conflicts so I ended up disabling that. I think Rogue Squadron was using the Multi-FCU Key Press and was not happy to see it go away.

I would like to at least map FCU buttons 1 and 2 pressed together for VR zoom, if pressing left and right mouse press together is not required for anything.

Any suggestions in this area would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Miles

Personally I use button 3 on left aux bank as vr zoom, not that I feel I need it in most circumstances. In fact 5 of the 6 of the aux buttons are general key bindings - time accelerate/ normal, cockpit view, external view bindings and NVGs for pretty much every DCS module I have.

I take it the fcu buttons are hardcoded and can’t be changed or is that something that may be completely user customisable in the future? For instance using buttons 1 and 2 or 2 and 3 together on separate left or right fcu giving multiple options for a key bind (if required). For my issue that may be ideal as what I need it for doesn’t actually have a key bind - so I could leave it.

Or maybe there is a way to use a joystick button along with an fcu button press, like a macro(?) ie joystick button +

Left fcu button 1 = fcu button 2. Just an idea for a workaround for modules that don’t have key bindings.

I know it’s difficult with limited buttons (and people having and not having aux button banks) and trying to get the best from everyone’s ideas!! Especially when you have ideas yourself that you want to implement. Would it maybe be an idea to sell the whole thing together as a package - PointCTRL and aux banks?

Cheers

Edited by mr_mojo97

Is there a page that the instructions for the Aux buttons are on?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Is there a page that the instructions for the Aux buttons are on?
You basically update the firmware, mount them to the side, plug in the wires and remap qwerty if you have both, qwe being on the left side and rty on the right. But if you need more, try messaging me (or Miles) on the PointCtrl disord. There is a APB subboard there that I posted in that you can use.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

You basically update the firmware, mount them to the side, plug in the wires and remap qwerty if you have both, qwe being on the left side and rty on the right. But if you need more, try messaging me (or Miles) on the PointCtrl disord. There is a APB subboard there that I posted in that you can use.

Well I did the first bits (firmware, connections), how do I remap qwerty? In DCS? pushing the buttons in the DCS key map screen doesn't seem to do anything. Whats the discord link?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

New VR Pointing Device

You will have to go into DCS controls and tap each QWERTY key on your keyboard for each module you use. If nothing comes up, you’re good. It something does come up, you’ll ether need to delete the mapping or remap it.

In addition to this, I use a tempo action in Joystick Gremlin so that each button can put out two different vJoy buttons, depending on how long you hold the button. The vJoy buttons are what I actually map in DCS.

I also have it in JG that if I hold the middle button on both sides at the same time, another vJoy button is tapped three times, and I map THAT to the ejection seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

You will have to go into DCS controls and tap each QWERTY key on your keyboard for each module you use. If nothing comes up, you’re good. It something does come up, you’ll ether need to delete the mapping or remap it.

In addition to this, I use a tempo action in Joystick Gremlin so that each button can put out two different vJoy buttons, depending on how long you hold the button. The vJoy buttons are what I actually map in DCS.

I also have it in JG that if I hold the middle button on both sides at the same time, another vJoy button is tapped three times, and I map THAT to the ejection seat.

That is clever. How did you do that? I'm probably going to steal that myself...

aha, figured it out, its mappable under keyboard commands.

Is there a way to change which qwerty letters are used?

aha, figured it out, its mappable under keyboard commands.

Is there a way to change which qwerty letters are used?

Not right now,. hardcoded in the firmware.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

• 2 weeks later...

WMR USERS:

To remove the three virtual monitors created when WMR starts:

You can disable the "Virtual Display Adapter" in Device Manager. The three virtual displays will not reappear. You may have to turn on "Show Hidden Devices" under View menu at the top to see it.

A dozen reboots and one minor windows update and the fix is still working.

That takes care of that annoyance...

WMR USERS:

To remove the three virtual monitors created when WMR starts:

You can disable the "Virtual Display Adapter" in Device Manager. The three virtual displays will not reappear. You may have to turn on "Show Hidden Devices" under View menu at the top to see it.

A dozen reboots and one minor windows update and the fix is still working.

That takes care of that annoyance...

I'll certainly try :thumbup:

By the way, some of us get more than 3 virtual monitors:

picture.php?albumid=1313&pictureid=12213

:doh:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH