diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had nightmare this night - next DCS a/c will be F-4. It's popular multi role fixed wing US aircraft. Hope it doesn’t happen.

The sound you hear is a mob of Phantom lovers who come to drag you outside to give you a good flogging. :)

Why is it annoying ? Just don't look at it then.

It is annoying because every week I log onto these forums there is a new one of these stupid threads. They are kind of hard to ignore when they show up right in my face when I check each category...

Be patient rather than spamming ED's forum with rumors and talk about which aircraft will be the next one in the DCS series. You'll get the aircraft that you get.

Yeah, I know! They're probably paying a couple fellas just to track down all these posts and math the extra delay on daily basis...

That would just be stupid and I believe you may have missed the point.

Edited by Viper101

I wish ED would comment on the Apache. I mean the cat is already out of the bag that they WERE working on it. I just wish they would say yay or or nay on if they are still pursuing a commercial release instead of just leaving us hanging (seriously its been YEARS now). A third of what I hear (rumors) is that they are still working on it (it's on the list) another third of what I hear is that it is made but that they can't release it (military says no), the other third is that they are not going to make it anymore (it has been abandoned).

I am not asking for a release date, screenshots, or anything else of the sort. A simple yes we are are still working on a commercial release (maybe they took a break for other projects) or no we are not would be just fine.

EDIT: I guess ED did make a public announcement two (yes two it was later in the year) years ago. They said they are interested but nothing is confirmed. That was in 2009. Any updates ED?

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish ED would comment on the Apache. I mean the cat is already out of the bag that they WERE working on it. I just wish they would say yay or or nay on if they are still pursuing a commercial release instead of just leaving us hanging (seriously its been YEARS now). A third of what I hear (rumors) is that they are still working on it (it's on the list) another third of what I hear is that it is made but that they can't release it (military says no), the other third is that they are not going to make it anymore (it has been abandoned).

I am not asking for a release date, screenshots, or anything else of the sort. A simple yes we are are still working on a commercial release (maybe they took a break for other projects) or no we are not would be just fine.

EDIT: I guess ED did make a public announcement two (yes two it was later in the year) years ago. They said they are interested but nothing is confirmed. That was in 2009. Any updates ED?

You might as well ask a brick wall... you'll get zero answers from ED.

This is an endless dicusion. ED will never tell anythings unless they feel it´ll worth to tell. Which is a shame. I think ED is by that the only developer who takes such a behaviour to his community.

I serioulsy wonder why they haven´t announced the upcoming next DCS modul already, but the Mustang only. I remember that they saying that the Mustang (first Flying legend) and the next Modules are a development work in parallel.

So it´s a really strange thing. And I, as customer, feel like left alone in the dark....that´s not nice

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I'd think releasing info on the dcs:next would steal the thunder from dcs:pony ....

I've no more info than anyone, but I'd say they'll probably wait till after pony is released to start talking about another module.

....+ don't forget about Nevada update and also combined arms

I'd think releasing info on the dcs:next would steal the thunder from dcs:pony ....

I've no more info than anyone, but I'd say they'll probably wait till after pony is released to start talking about another module.

....+ don't forget about Nevada update and also combined arms

I know I know...2012 is (hopefully) gonna be a year of nice releases...but it has to be said nontheless...You might be right with stealing the atraction of the Mustang if both would be announced together...

But...again the same shit...no more words or progress updates on the Nevada map or Combined Arms, no photos, no commens, nothings...ED that´s a shame...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

My guess is after FC3 or Mustang AND all of the released sims get their compatibility patches we might get some info on whatever is next. So really the question that should be asked is for FC3/Combined Arms features updates as anything new in those products that isn't directly related to a specific aircraft will impact DCS.

*Wink* *Wink* *Nudge* *Nudge* *Say no more* MP interface improvements and new triggers.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

This is an endless dicusion. ED will never tell anythings unless they feel it´ll worth to tell. Which is a shame. I think ED is by that the only developer who takes such a behaviour to his community.

Well, that's being too harsh IMO. There are plenty of developers and publishers who keep their customers in the dark or outright don't care about them, such as EA, Ubisoft, etc.

And by the way, my previous post wasn't meant to say that I hate ED or their way of doing things, it was literally meant to warn the previous poster that he should expect no answers from ED.

P-51 - going full-out.

A-10 - comfortable.

F-15E - riding the envelope :D

Well, that's being too harsh IMO. There are plenty of developers and publishers who keep their customers in the dark or outright don't care about them, such as EA, Ubisoft, etc.

Well, not really, most every developer out there announces their upcoming works years in advance. Ubisoft and EA especially. Hell, EA announces exactly how many follow-on titles a franchise will get before the first one is even out.

Edited by Frostiken
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ZQuicksilverZ.Your best bet for a Serious Apache Sim is probably Combat Helo which should have a pay beta coming soon,not sure if it's standards will be up to DCS but it looks interesting

Frostiken,This is for you.Part of your Hornet Anger Management Theropy:D

Have a Nice Day!

515774087.jpg

Patrick

mini.gif

are you actually comparing ed to the numerous big budget companies out there? ed does contract work, they have classified internal stuff no one even knows about or should know. ea/ubisoft/etc never announce anything relevant to the gamer's immediate interests. you have 3 games planned? whoop de doo, i'd rather not know. that really just code for a 3 part payment plan.

You know what they're gonna curl out

COD and MoH... probabaly a few more half arsed console shove overs just for goos messure.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Actually they leak just about as much as the ought to. Look at the way Apple does things. They keep the industry in massive suspense for as long as they like and they are making BILLIONS. Wags puts out plenty. For example, that Nevada map teaser was, in my opinion, just a taste, just enough.

Everybody stop being so freaking demanding and enjoy what's out there now. When new stuff comes out enjoy that. You all sound like an angry mob about ready to occupy someplace over computer games. Chill.

I dont really think that this is on ED´s decission it self. They might be forced to do by TFC. Why should be the Mustang been modeled and not another WW2 AC? My guess is that TFC has a big finger upon ED and tells them how to do this and how to do that.

My complains are only about to cry a little bit...cmon guys, let me whine a little...:D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

ZQuicksilverZ.Your best bet for a Serious Apache Sim is probably Combat Helo which should have a pay beta coming soon,not sure if it's standards will be up to DCS but it looks interesting

That's definitely impressive. Love the NVG implementation. Couldn't see much of their FLIR modeling though, but it just looks like some contrast changes and such...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No.

The poster before me said ED were the only dev which kept their community in the dark, and I said that was being harsh because others do too.

that´s not too harsh, it´s simply true.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

They should give us a list of 5 planes and say it's one of them....

Um.. they already did that, effectively:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=81589

The next US fixed wing jet DCS aircraft is being worked on in parallel.

Ruling out two-seaters and aircraft too classified to model that only leaves us:

F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C

Even if you allow two-seaters and think that the folks who say that the Superhornet is too classified are wrong, you still only have five:

F-15C, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F/A-18E.

I bet the F-15E lies in the "too classified" category too.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.