J-SARPP - Another SARPP-log viewer

xxJohnxx

Version five available here: click

Hi,

Since reading about the modelled SARPP in the MiG-21, I was playing with the thought to programm a little software to display the stored data.

While beeing busy flying the MiG since release, other members of this community have had the same thought (talking about the nice pySARPP from laxentis).

Therfore, after Saturday worth of coding, we now have to SARPP Data visualizers.

J-SARPP is programmed in C# and, in it's current version is a very early draft of what is possible with the data that can be gathered from the recorded SARPP Logs.

Download:

www.blumen-huschle.at/John/SARPP/J-SARPP.exe - Version 0.0.1

www.blumen-huschle.at/John/SARPP/J-SARPPV0.0.2.zip - Version 0.0.2

www.blumen-huschle.at/John/SARPP/J-SARPPV0.0.3.zip - Version 0.0.3

www.blumen-huschle.at/John/SARPP/J-SARPPV0.0.4.zip - Version 0.0.4

www.blumen-huschle.at/John/SARPP/J-SARPPV0.0.5.zip - Version 0.0.5 [Recommended]

Updated userguide:

HowTo.jpg

After opening the programm add one or several graphs by clicking on "Add Graph" (1).

Now, select the SARPP-log which you want to view from the list (2). By default the last log is displayed.

Now select which data you want to view on the "Primary" (3A, left axis) and "Secondary" (3B, right axis) to view.

You can make as many selections as you want, however you must select at least one option from the primary axis for the graph to be displayed.

Once you made the selections, click on "Draw Graph" (4), and the graph will be drawn.

You can repeat this process as many times as you want. You can also "re-draw" the same graph again, or remove it alltogether.

One last thing: This is a very early version. I am planning to implement quit a lot of features over the next few weeks, if you guys show intrest!

If you have any feedback, questions or anything else, please leave a message below or send me a PM! It would be very appricated!

Thank you very much!

John

Overview.png

Edited by xxJohnxx
  • Like 2

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

You need to unify the two Y-axis - you currently have two sets of Y-axis gridlines overlaying each other.

Or just make clear which curve should be read together with which axis, dual axes can be fine.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Version 0.0.2 released

Hi,

Thank you for your input guys!

I made some adjustment and tried to implement some of your suggestions and while it is not perfect yet, I think it got better! However, your feedback counts!

Download version 0.0.2: http://www.blumen-huschle.at/John/SARPP/J-SARPPV0.0.2.zip

Changelog:

- No binding to a single chart anymore. The user can open as much charts as he wants.

- Added the possiblity to load up two (or more) diffrent SARPP-Logs, which allow for direct comparison.

- Added labels for both, the X and Y axis.

- Added tags for the graph-lines to better identify which line represents which value.

Updated userguide:

HowTo.jpg

After opening the programm add one or several graphs by clicking on "Add Graph" (1).

Now, select the SARPP-log which you want to view from the list (2). By default the last log is displayed.

Now select which data you want to view on the "Primary" (3A, left axis) and "Secondary" (3B, right axis) to view.

You can make as many selections as you want, however you must select at least one option from the primary axis for the graph to be displayed.

Once you made the selections, click on "Draw Graph" (4), and the graph will be drawn.

You can repeat this process as many times as you want. You can also "re-draw" the same graph again, or remove it alltogether.

Your feedback is appricated!

Thanks,

John

• Like 1

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Very nice.

Now I only need someone to teach me how to interprete the data... :o)

The single graphs are clear, but I wonder if one can read more out of it if different graphs are intrepreted together and in relation to eachother.

If this would be possible, then perhaps even the viewer tool could automatically hightlight such correlations?

Darkwolf do you have the .NET 4.5 Framwork installed?

Just checked, that's fine.

not desktop

Just tried to place it somewhere else, don't help either.

here is the fault code if it helps. I run win7, 64.

Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
 Problem Signature 01:	j-sarpp.exe
 Problem Signature 02:	1.0.0.0
 Problem Signature 03:	541f25ea
 Problem Signature 04:	mscorlib
 Problem Signature 05:	4.0.30319.18444
 Problem Signature 06:	52717edc
 Problem Signature 07:	442a
 Problem Signature 08:	105
 Problem Signature 09:	System.IO.DirectoryNotFound
 OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
 Locale ID:	2060
 Additional Information 1:	0a9e
 Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
 Additional Information 3:	0a9e
 Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Thank you for the help guyz - sorry xxJohnxX can't add rep to you for some reason :/

Version 0.0.3 released

Hi,

Again, thank you for your input guys!

In version 0.0.3 I fixed some bugs that could occur in certain situations.

I also started and tried to address the crash on startup some users where having. Please let me now if this version fixed your problems.

Download version 0.0.3: http://www.blumen-huschle.at/John/SARPP/J-SARPPV0.0.3.zip

Changelog:

- Fixed crash when adding several graphs to the secondary axis when there where more than 2 units on the primary axis.

- Tried to address startup problems. Added a menu to manually set path to Saved Games/MiG-21/SARPP-folder.

Updated userguide:

HowTo.jpg

Your feedback is appricated!

Thanks,

John

Working nicely here, new interface is better too thanks! :)

Though, some of the SARPP records can't be displayed, same goes for pySARPP with those files, so may be there is a formatting problem that may sometimes happen in SARPP files.

Didn't check them throughly, but offending files seem to open fine in notepad, may be they are missing a \t character, or may be they have one too many?

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback!

Though, some of the SARPP records can't be displayed, same goes for pySARPP with those files, so may be there is a formatting problem that may sometimes happen in SARPP files.

Didn't check them throughly, but offending files seem to open fine in notepad, may be they are missing a \t character, or may be they have one too many?

Could you, by any chance attach one of those corrupted files to your post? I would like to have a look at that!

Thanks very much!

John

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback!

Could you, by any chance attach one of those corrupted files to your post? I would like to have a look at that!

Thanks very much!

John

Errrmmm nope, my fault, just checked again and apparently the file I have opened was a valid one, offending files are all empty. Wonder why are they created at all :)

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Errrmmm nope, my fault, just checked again and apparently the file I have opened was a valid one, offending files are all empty. Wonder why are they created at all :)

Thanks for your response! I have a logic in place that checks for completely empty recordings and hides them. However, I will have a closer look, and see if it crates files that only contain the data titles such as "Time" and, if empty, hides them as well!

• 2 weeks later...
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2199714&posted=1#post2199714 Hi there John, so apparently there was an update that a few of us missed where they changed from Km'h to m/s, although I have no problem with more realism accuracy, it would be nice to have your software updated.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting. I will upload a fixed version in a couple of hours!