Announcement - new A-10C DLC training campaign

I am trying basic handling check rides #6, but even if I successfully landed the aircraft with engines out, (1000ft after the runway end) there is no rating message.

I am in the cockpit in the grass and nothing happens.

What can I do?

Thanks for help.

Pierre

Once you land you go to the end of the runway and make a left. You should get a messages to wait here for IP to land. Sit tight while the instructor lands and then tells you to taxi to the parking spot.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I am trying basic handling check rides #6, but even if I successfully landed the aircraft with engines out, (1000ft after the runway end) there is no rating message.

I am in the cockpit in the grass and nothing happens.

What can I do?

Thanks for help.

Pierre

Aren't you talking about Maple Flag campaign here? :)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks for giving us a peek into what this campaign is going to be all about, BD!:thumbup:

I'm already familiar with your previous works, but you still impress the hell out of me. The lengths you go to make DCS feel more alive is just great. For instance, this was the first time I had ever seen a mission with an actual working ATIS freq. (not sure honestly if this has been done before by yourself or anyone else)

Did I miss the IP mention changing taxi lights to landing lights? That's probably the only thing odd that stuck out in my mind after finishing.

One legit question, though, is what's the story with the highlighting of switches like the vanilla training missions did? Is it too obtuse to throw in there or is it just impossible to add??? This would obviously make the campaign way more approachable to the newer guys...

So...yea. Even though I've been flying and learning the charlie for quite some time, I'm still excited to throw my money at you! BZ!!!:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

29 October 2009

CGNR-1705 / USMC Cobra

Semper Memoria, Semper Vigilens

Thanks for the kind words, reyco!

I am aware there are still some missing features in the mission and little bugs, they will get squashed when time comes (will check the landing lights reference).

As for the highlighting switches - we recommend to play this campaign after doing stock missions and highlights would be a complete immersion killer. So this is a decision we've made, though part of it also was the fact that adding highlights would add thousands of additional triggers ;)

I think this is just what I need, to get me back into the Hog; will be following this closely.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Hey,

How will this fit in with the basic/advanced flight training qualifications? Does it cover much the same stuff? More advanced/less advanced?

Different. B/A FTC is more of a test ride, very well done and something that this campaign will surely prepare you to do better. But Iron Flag focuses more on understanding different systems in the aircraft, using them in various ways - sometimes in out of the box manner and also prepares you well for other campaigns that will follow - especially on heavy radio use etc. It shares the same storyline wih upcoming Red Flag for M-2000C and will be further developed when Strait of Hormuz is out.

It also focuses a lot on the immersion, story, characters and background. So as I say, these are different campaigns, though will be complimentary I think.

And it is in Nevada :) you will find the first mission in the opening post, feel free to dowmload it amd give it a whirl!

Edited by baltic_dragon

Thanks for the kind words, reyco!

I am aware there are still some missing features in the mission and little bugs, they will get squashed when time comes (will check the landing lights reference).

As for the highlighting switches - we recommend to play this campaign after doing stock missions and highlights would be a complete immersion killer. So this is a decision we've made, though part of it also was the fact that adding highlights would add thousands of additional triggers ;)

Right on, I figured you guys had your reasons. Definitely can't argue with wanting more immersion!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

29 October 2009

CGNR-1705 / USMC Cobra

Semper Memoria, Semper Vigilens

Just wanted to say, well done!

I've always been of the opinion that nothing thus far created was on par with the KA-50 Vergeev Group campaign -- I've spent a lot of time testing that campaign over the years - when major upgrades to DCS World happen, I make sure it all still works, and after flying your BETA mission 01, I think it's right up there with that excellent campaign. I noticed all of the aforementioned bugs -- but also found a few typos in the subtitles.

In this first attached screenshot, I think "filled" should read "filed".

In the second screenshot, I think "step" should read "step by step"

I'm really good at catching typos (was an editor in a previous life) -- so if you want me to look them over for the rest of the campaign, or need more Beta testers for it, drop me a PM.

Having said all of that -- I'm really looking forward to the release!

BBQ

filed.thumb.jpg.449d2d44b812e97080113a0bdd3a22c2.jpg

step.thumb.jpg.35a2ee7c75fd939e39b6540e961c8446.jpg

Edited by BBQ
  • Like 1

Save Mission

Is there any way to save the mission? I got a quarter of the way and had to leave. When I returned I had to start all over. It happen again yesterday, I had to leave to pick up my daughter. Again I had to start from the beginning. Can I save and return to reload that particular saved point?

Is there any way to save the mission?

None that I know of (there is a script called DAWS Save Mission, but that is aimed at mission designers rather than players, as far as I know).

What you could do, though, is run the mission through the "Replay" and then take control before the end of the replay. As long as you have a track recording of the mission, this track can be replayed. This way, at least you don't have to flip all the switches again. If you get lucky, you might be able to speed up the replay and fast forward through it.

Be aware, though, that replays are not reliable:

- in any case, the replay might play out differently than the original mission

- fast forwarding increases the risk of a botched replay

- if you don't take control before the end of the original mission, you'll be dropped into the debriefing screen

- there is no "rewind", replays will only play forward

- replays don't tell you how long until the end of the track

But it might be worth a try. ;)

On that topic, our plan is to implement a kind of save game if you fly it in Campaign mode.

Roughly in the middle of the mission you will get an F-10 option menu where you choose to start again from this point in the mission if you have to exit before finishing. We will achieve that by branching the campaign - if it proves reasonable ;) not much more we can do really!

Edited by baltic_dragon

Just wanted to say, well done!

I've always been of the opinion that nothing thus far created was on par with the KA-50 Vergeev Group campaign -- I've spent a lot of time testing that campaign over the years - when major upgrades to DCS World happen, I make sure it all still works, and after flying your BETA mission 01, I think it's right up there with that excellent campaign. I noticed all of the aforementioned bugs -- but also found a few typos in the subtitles.

In this first attached screenshot, I think "filled" should read "filed".

In the second screenshot, I think "step" should read "step by step"

I'm really good at catching typos (was an editor in a previous life) -- so if you want me to look them over for the rest of the campaign, or need more Beta testers for it, drop me a PM.

Having said all of that -- I'm really looking forward to the release!

BBQ

Thanks BBQ, I will be in touch via PM soon!

On that topic, our plan is to implement a kind of save game if you fly it in Campaign mode.

Roughly in the middle of the mission you will get an F-10 option menu where you choose to start again from this point in the missions if you have to exit before finishing or not. We will achieve that by branching the campaign - if it proves reasonable ;) not much more we can do really!

That's a fantastic idea :thumbup:

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Roughly in the middle of the mission you will get an F-10 option menu where you choose to start again from this point in the mission if you have to exit before finishing. We will achieve that by branching the campaign - if it proves reasonable ;) not much more we can do really!

Nice one! Hopefully give other Devs the same idea for future Campaigns.

thumbup.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

DAWS save mission will preserve the state of AI units, but player aircraft will still be ground starts and trigger logic is completely reset, so it's a no-go for this type of mission...dialogue etc. will be broken.

For large-scale multiplayer events that are heavy on units and light on scripting, though, it's a godsend. :)

• Like 1