Free Trial P-51D keybinds did not save

S. Low

I'm a steam user and I downloaded the P-51D, Normandy map, and ww2 asset pack to try out before purchasing on sale. I've also downloaded the F-5 and the spit, if it matters for info reasons.

Anyways I spent a good hour setting up keybinds last night and saved them multiple times. I loaded up the game today and not a single keybind for the P-51D was saved. The keybind list looks exactly as it did when I first downloaded the trial.

I can't stomach trialing a bunch of aircraft if the keybinds won't save lol. Is this a re-occurring issue or is it just mine? :helpsmilie:

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

• ED Team

check you are not using game flight or game avionics in your settings, if you are you need to use game controls.

If you have both game avionics and game flight unticked you will be using sim controls.

Hope that helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Recommend you play on sim.

Turn off takeoff assistance.

See that here

Each aircraft has it's own key bindings.

Launch a cold start quick mission and then hit escape and then (Adjust Controls) bind the controls.

It will pick the correct controls for that aircraft.

As seen here.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I am trailing the Spitfire and had the same issue, a lot of guys in our squad complain about this with the Mustang. Could it be something to do with two versions of the same aircraft? ie: Clipped wing Spit and non clipped? P51D 25 and P51D 30? It seems to happen for me when I try one of the two then go to the other version, wipes all key binds.

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

Recommend you play on sim.

Turn off takeoff assistance.

See that here

Each aircraft has it's own key bindings.

Launch a cold start quick mission and then hit escape and then (Adjust Controls) bind the controls.

It will pick the correct controls for that aircraft.

As seen here.

I was/am playing on sim, unless I misunderstand. I don't have game flight mode selected, and I had entered all my keybinds under the P-51D "Real" section. Regardless, both the P-51D "Real" and "Easy" control list have no trace of my keybinds. Take off assistance was at 100 for some reason. I reduced it to 0. Not sure if this would affect the key binds?

To the other poster, I have no clue how to swap between the 25 and the 30 P-51. Maybe that's the issue?

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Ok I'm sorry but the P-51 is just unplayable, and this is 100% depressing. My keybinds did save for a day, but now they've reverted again. And they reverted after the game crashed twice while trying to generate a fast mission for the p51....

I don't play multiplayer. Your mustang, spit, and 109 are some of the most beautifully designed sim aircraft I've ever seen and they are an absolute joy to fly, but damn... keybinds won't save, game crashes, and beyond that there's obviously no real campaign. Frustrated!

Banner EDForum2020.jpg