Create Fast Mission stopped working

bofhlusr

It worked the first 2-3 times I checked out FC3's A-10 but now when I click on it nothing happens. I've not made any changes to my PC. One exception, I installed the original Lock-on temporarily just to see how far the sim has gone. I don't think that would be the cause of the problem with FC3's 'Create Fast Mission' though.

Win Pro 10, A-10c (rarely used, but started with Falcon AT!), P3D v4 (100+ add-ons mostly ORBX), i7-8700k, 16 GB 3200 Mhz RAM, Gigabyte Z370M DS3H, Corsair water cooler, EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 650W, PNY GTX 1070ti, Dell 27" G-sync monitor, Logitech 3D Pro, NVMe OS drive, TB's of free space on SSD.

It might be that installing LOMAC adjusted a registry entry that could have affected FC3.

Try repairing your installation using the repair tool: Start-->DCS World--> Repair DCSWorld

See if that helps.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Thanks. I did as suggested. Unfortunately, that did not work.

Win Pro 10, A-10c (rarely used, but started with Falcon AT!), P3D v4 (100+ add-ons mostly ORBX), i7-8700k, 16 GB 3200 Mhz RAM, Gigabyte Z370M DS3H, Corsair water cooler, EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 650W, PNY GTX 1070ti, Dell 27" G-sync monitor, Logitech 3D Pro, NVMe OS drive, TB's of free space on SSD.

Try giving it some time to generate the mission. It can take litterally a couple of minutes to prepare everything.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Try giving it some time to generate the mission. It can take litterally a couple of minutes to prepare everything.

Thanks, but I waited about half an hour (I went for a break). Nothing. My PC is 4.3 Ghz and uses SSD.

Hmm, definitely a problem there then. If you've tried repairing the installation the only thing I can think of would be to totally uninstall DCS, make sure that LOMAC is totally un-installed and then try re-installing DCS world.

I'm guessing that the problem may be something to do with registry keys, though unfortunately I'm not experienced enough playing with the registry to recommend a fix.

A clean re-install of DCS should fix the issue.

Thanks DarkFire. I did everything you told me including re-installing DCS. It still didn't work. I opened a ticket with DCS and sent them my log file. I hope it gets resolved.

I went ahead and opened a support ticket. The problem was solved by DCS tech support by renaming the 'DCS' folder to 'DCS-temp' in my user's Saved Games folder. I'm glad I opened the ticket.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I went ahead and opened a support ticket. The problem was solved by DCS tech support by renaming the 'DCS' folder to 'DCS-temp' in my user's Saved Games folder. I'm glad I opened the ticket.

Thank you for posting this. I had same problem, and also wasn't able to edit a selected mission (eg to adjust ordnance). Your fix to rename DCS in Saved games folder saved a lot of sweat. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're welcome. I'm new to this forum. Is there a way to get credit for helping someone? Might as well right?