Mission 5 - Landing at Krasnodar?

LooseSeal

Hey! I've got to mission 5, and as I'm approaching Krasnodar I'm told that I'll be contacted once I reach the outer NDB (the main one on 490 something?), but I never get any more instructions. Someone says "commander, you need to contact ATC". So I contacted, requested landing, landed... and nothing. I don't know where I should taxi to... Maybe I missed a voiceover/trigger somewhere?

I also have a little constructive criticism of things I've noticed so far in the campaign (which, by and large, has been very good and challenging!).

- In mission 2 there is a voiceover which says "I have traffic in sight" or something similar. This voiceover happens way too early as I'm still nowhere near the airfield. Also in mission 2, it seems like the oil refinery is on fire? There's smoke billowing out of the buildings and not the chimneys... it's a bit weird.

- In mission 3 you are told to take "position 12 in the pattern". I feel like this is meant to be "landing pad 12" or something similar, but it makes it seem like you are currently behind 11 other aircraft in the landing pattern.

But my biggest issue with mission 3 was that as I was approaching the Kuznetsov it started launching SAMs and there was clearly some sort of live fire exercise. And yet... there was no comment from the crew at all!? If I was flying a helicopter and someone was launching missiles in front of me I would definitely have something to say! Probably with some profanity included... haha.

- In mission 4 I noticed that in the briefings there are no speech marks. I know it's a small thing and unrelated to the sim, but it makes it hard to follow who is speaking and when...

And just a general observation in a few of the missions, you the pilot are talking with ground control and say something like "roger, switching to 126.00" but then the conversation after this continues on the previous frequency. I think if you say "switching to a frequency" then that switch should happen immediately.

Anyway... I'm only making notes of these things as I like to help make campaigns better for others who will play them later. As I said, I'm enjoying it very much and I hope there is no offence taken! :-D

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Hey! I've got to mission 5, and as I'm approaching Krasnodar I'm told that I'll be contacted once I reach the outer NDB (the main one on 490 something?), but I never get any more instructions. Someone says "commander, you need to contact ATC". So I contacted, requested landing, landed... and nothing. I don't know where I should taxi to... Maybe I missed a voiceover/trigger somewhere?

I also have a little constructive criticism of things I've noticed so far in the campaign (which, by and large, has been very good and challenging!).

- In mission 2 there is a voiceover which says "I have traffic in sight" or something similar. This voiceover happens way too early as I'm still nowhere near the airfield. Also in mission 2, it seems like the oil refinery is on fire? There's smoke billowing out of the buildings and not the chimneys... it's a bit weird.

- In mission 3 you are told to take "position 12 in the pattern". I feel like this is meant to be "landing pad 12" or something similar, but it makes it seem like you are currently behind 11 other aircraft in the landing pattern.

But my biggest issue with mission 3 was that as I was approaching the Kuznetsov it started launching SAMs and there was clearly some sort of live fire exercise. And yet... there was no comment from the crew at all!? If I was flying a helicopter and someone was launching missiles in front of me I would definitely have something to say! Probably with some profanity included... haha.

- In mission 4 I noticed that in the briefings there are no speech marks. I know it's a small thing and unrelated to the sim, but it makes it hard to follow who is speaking and when...

And just a general observation in a few of the missions, you the pilot are talking with ground control and say something like "roger, switching to 126.00" but then the conversation after this continues on the previous frequency. I think if you say "switching to a frequency" then that switch should happen immediately.

Anyway... I'm only making notes of these things as I like to help make campaigns better for others who will play them later. As I said, I'm enjoying it very much and I hope there is no offence taken! :-D

I am very glad and grateful to you for your comments. In mission 5, I already discovered a parking problem. I have already fixed this issue and will add it in a big update!

Thank you so much for your help and feedback. I analyze each of your comments and draw the correct conclusion for the further development of my projects. I never take offense, do not worry! I am always glad for constructive criticism and tips. And I treat with understanding, even if someone does not like my campaign at all.

So mission 5 is currently not playable until ED released the update/bugfix? Since I just finished mission 4 (which was nice btw), I probably need to wait in that case?

Unfortunately, my updates will only appear at the end of September.

You can use this additional briefing file. The mission is playable!

picture.php?albumid=1931&pictureid=12398

Thank you, but what additional briefing file are you talking about? Well, I'll probably simply "try" the mission ;-)

picture.php?albumid=1931&pictureid=12398

Thank you, but what additional briefing file are you talking about? Well, I'll probably simply "try" the mission ;-)

Sorry, I didn't quite understand the privacy settings in my profile! Can you see the picture now?