Input device profile saves

Hi,

I added to another thread regarding a problem I have had since I started using DCS World, and that is saved and loaded control profiles, and also the default control settings for any new aircraft. It seems that thread may have been unrelated, so I am starting another thread with the problems I am encountering.

I have an issue where whenever I start using an aircraft, the controls are duplicated across my HOTAS joystick and throttle and also my saitek rudder pedals. This means, for example, that pressing on the left rudder will also move my stick to the left, etc and many controls won't work, and are even unable to be changed in the control settings until all the duplicate entries have been removed. So every time I map keys for an aircraft I need to delete everything but the keyboard and mouse commands and start from scratch with my HOTAS and rudder inputs. Needless to say this is very time consuming., although I suppose the benefit is that you can map things as realistically as possible according to the real world aircraft layout.

However, I have just now found that even loading a saved profile has the same issue. I had my inputs all worked out for the SU-27 when starting the Ultimate Argument campaign, and just because I started using VR I changed just two commands, changing the joystick hat switch from look up and look down to trim up and down commands for VR. I had these two profiles saved, yet when I just reverted using a monitor and loaded the profile for that, which I only saved yesterday, all the HOTAS and rudder commands have once again been duplicated.

Here is a screenshot to show what I am talking about. It seems that in this case, after loading a saved profile, the rudder throttle inputs have been duplicated by the rudder for some reason. Usually when starting new with an aircraft, the commands are duplicated across all three devices.

DCSDuplicatecontrols.jpg

Actually, here are the triplicate controls after loading the profile a second time in the controls menu. I had the joystick column highlighted when I loaded the profile, so maybe this has something to do with why the joystick controls are now replicating the rudder and throttle inputs.

DCSDuplicatecontrols2.jpg

Cheers,

this happens when your old profile is from an older incompatible version?, don't use, define a new one

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

First thing I do when setting it up fresh, is to go in and clean out all the duplicates and the default axis assignments. Then I either import or re-assign manually.

Bit of a pain...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Then I either import or re-assign manually.

Bit of a pain...

you might mean 'export', for this would be your base, clean, up-to-date & compatible

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Thanks for the replies. There must be some other problem though, apart from older version incompatibility, because I only saved the profiles the day before loading them. I also go through and clean out all the duplicates first, and then assign axis and key/button commands on my HOTAS and rudder.

So I had done this and had all my commands set up and obviously working the way I wanted, and then I saved the profile. The next day I loaded the profile I had saved the day before and all the HOTAS commands I had set up were duplicated across joystick, throttle and rudder.

I'm not sure if it's something I am doing wrong, but saving and loading profiles does not seem to work for me at all.

Thanks for the replies. There must be some other problem though, apart from older version incompatibility, because I only saved the profiles the day before loading them. I also go through and clean out all the duplicates first, and then assign axis and key/button commands on my HOTAS and rudder.

So I had done this and had all my commands set up and obviously working the way I wanted, and then I saved the profile. The next day I loaded the profile I had saved the day before and all the HOTAS commands I had set up were duplicated across joystick, throttle and rudder.

I'm not sure if it's something I am doing wrong, but saving and loading profiles does not seem to work for me at all.

if everything else fails, there's always the possibility of a broken install (I know, even when 'verified'). Delete or rename DCS and profile, install new from .BIN 's and update?

• 1 year later...

I decided to try exporting the control profile for my P-51 in 1.5.7, to my 2.2 P-51.

First question: is this even possible?

Second question: can I import the whole profile at once, or do I import the profile for each controller separately?

I ask this because in the DCS manual, it says: "Note: The loading and saving functions are specific to the device and not global for the profile". Is a "device" here defined as each controller? Joystick, rudder, MFD, etc.

If I read this correctly, I can't load the whole profile at once, which makes the process very time consuming.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I decided to try exporting the control profile for my P-51 in 1.5.7, to my 2.2 P-51.

just try it

sometimes DCS changes the format and it doesn't, even in between versions

Second question: can I import the whole profile at once, or do I import the profile for each controller separately?

I ask this because in the DCS manual, it says: "Note: The loading and saving functions are specific to the device and not global for the profile". Is a "device" here defined as each controller? Joystick, rudder, MFD, etc.

If I read this correctly, I can't load the whole profile at once, which makes the process very time consuming.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

seperately

you highlight a changable binding and then you load the profile of that column

So sometime this doesnt work, again because sometimes apparently DCS just changes everything

Also if per occasion your devices get assigned different USB ID's (per the Windows hardware plug and play), that will create a fresh new default ID profile, and you have to recover your old one.

Also, the Modifiers.lua

"..\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\A-10C\modifiers.lua"

per plane in the root of the profile(s) you need to copy manually, or you will have <errors color> for all the inappropriately assigned modifier bindings

FitzZZ's excellent DCS Configuration Tool simplifies this -- you choose a set of 'master' config files and it copies into whatever other DCS installs you have.