Possible to make AI crash/kamikaze?

Serp Supreme

Okay, I'm in the middle of making a mission that revolves around a terrorist attack. Being the typical American that I am, when I think of terrorists I think of suicide attacks. DCS offers the insurgent faction the P-51 Mustang for their own use. So I'm thinking, instead of it being used as a dogfight, have them crash into a target on the ground, be it a ship, a building, anything. Is there any way to do this?

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

Short of any other ideas- it may take some testing but what about giving them 1% fuel, testing the range and then setting it up that way? Fly them over a point where around that range they'll crash into something valuable. Or not... Even the true kamikaze missed... It was through sheer volume they were able to get occasional hits.

I'm not sure if you can do AI off for aircraft... I don't think so.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I would like to know this too as I was trying to get a terrorist plane to ram another plane in mid air but I couldn't figure it out.

And one more thing, is there possibly a way to script the pilots of a plane to die so the plane crashes? That would work better than 1% fuel and hope he doesn't steer it into a nice field and land :)

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

you can simulate this by creating waypoint with lower and lower altitudes, at certain point the pilot will avoid crashing by climbing not able to follow the route.. but you can set a trigger in an area at the lowest possible point for "explode unit"

This works ok for me, I did a mission where a tanker has fire on the cockpit and it crashes in a mountain, worked pretty good.

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

Sorry gents, just went through a tornado :D back now

Gonna try this idea out now, although the only problem is that I need these planes to fly for a little while, as they're being met by some Su-25s which are supposed to be pulling security. I'll see what happens and report back.

Edited by Serp Supreme

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

• 3 years later...

To crash is easy, just cause an explosion near them to damage the aircraft enough for them to eject. To crash into something on purpose, its not possible to my knowledge. I sorta remember a bug where the AI got a little to target fixated, but nothing like that to occur on purpose.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 months later...

Actually, it's very easy.

Aerobatics => Dive

Et voilà, extremely precise crash incoming!

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

Actually, it's very easy.

Aerobatics => Dive

Et voilà, extremely precise crash incoming!

Sorry, that was not clear to me. Can you refrase it?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb