AI has some deadly tricks up a sleeve - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-05-2017, 10:06 AM   #1
draconus

Reputation power: 0
draconus is on a distinguished road
Default AI has some deadly tricks up a sleeve

Hey, have I just fell victim to HMS/R73 combo? Tacview file attached. Look what that AI Su-30 have done to me @18:50! Is this even legal?! ;)
I had no idea what happend until last 0,5 second! How can I prevent this in the future?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tacview-20171202-233156-DCS-FC3-F15C-08.zip.acmi.zip (3.04 MB, 20 views)
draconus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:20 PM   #2
blkspade

Reputation power: 9
blkspade is a jewel in the roughblkspade is a jewel in the roughblkspade is a jewel in the roughblkspade is a jewel in the roughblkspade is a jewel in the roughblkspade is a jewel in the rough

Yeah that's pretty much what happened, nothing specific to the AI as human flanker pilots do this all the time. You simply have to be aware of the aspect of target and manage throttle and counter measures accordingly. It looks like you didn't even see the launch, which should have been visible at that range. You didn't dump any flares or even attempt to maneuver.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:14 AM   #3
draconus

Reputation power: 0
draconus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkspade View Post
It looks like you didn't even see the launch, which should have been visible at that range. You didn't dump any flares or even attempt to maneuver.
Yeah, like I said - I had no idea - just watching him splash then wtf?!
It's the first time it happend to me I wasn't expecting such bold moves from AI.
draconus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:37 AM   #4
winchesterdelta1

Reputation power: 15
winchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nice

Ahh the classic off bore-sight shot. They can be painfully shameful when you don't expect them. Ow well at least you did not have a R-73 do a 180 on you yet.