FW-190A8 REVI seems Opaque again?

LeCuvier

Since last week's update, the tint is removed from the A8 windshield. But now the REVI seems opaque again to me. The REVI in the A8 is the same as the one in the K4 - Right? I attach two screen captures, one from the A8 and one from the K4. The K4 shows a clear REVI while the A8 shows a brownish opaque REVI. Obviously the rendering of the captured JPG file is slightly different from what I see in the game, but still there seems to be a significant difference.

In my view the A8 REVI is still too opaque.

1082418798_FW-190A8REVIOpaque.thumb.jpg.3a07e585d98dd808feefe6a59e2796bb.jpg

1347273292_Bf-109K4REVIClear.thumb.jpg.0860824ba5b0359485f965bf4447fa73.jpg

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Since last week's update, the tint is removed from the A8 windshield. But now the REVI seems opaque again to me. The REVI in the A8 is the same as the one in the K4 - Right? I attach two screen captures, one from the A8 and one from the K4. The K4 shows a clear REVI while the A8 shows a brownish opaque REVI. Obviously the rendering of the captured JPG file is slightly different from what I see in the game, but still there seems to be a significant difference.

In my view the A8 REVI is still too opaque.

Have You try to regulate the intensity via the dim in the lower right of the Revi?

Have You try to regulate the intensity via the dim in the lower right of the Revi?

I can dim the intensity of the cross hair, no problem. But that does not make the glass of the REVI less opaque!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

It is opaque because the brightness is at half by default, while the K-4's is at full brightness. I prefer the half, so I actually usually dim the K-4's sight.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The opacity of the REVI glass depends in no way on the brightness of the crosshair. This is quite obvious but still I thought I might be wrong, and therefore varied the gunsight brightness. And of course the opacity of the REVI glass did not change.

Guys please stop telling me that the low gunsight brightness is the problem!

The subject is the brownish opacity of the REVI glass.

LeCuvier

• 3 months later...

Hi Pato! Nice to hear from you again. I reduced the opacity by modifying the file "id_13_D_FILTR.dds". But unfortunately this mod does not pass IC. I would need to set it up under "Saved Games" but don't know how, as stated in my recent post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4135509&postcount=1

Can you help?

LeCuvier

Hi,

I tried to make the glass pane more transparent.

I was like you. The server check failed.

However, I adjusted the crosshair and reduced the diffusion.

Maybe that can alleviate your problem a little bit.

Check the link. Just copy the zip into the OVGME folder for the main files.

Server check passed this. Not in the Saved Game folder.

Best regards Pato :)

Thanks so much Pato, that was quick!

It seems to be a significant improvement even though the brown tint is still there. The crisp crosshair is a big step forward. I tried it in a ground attack mission and it felt good.

Thanks again, and best regards!

LeCuvier