VirPil Alpha (teaser)

Sokol1_br

Exactly my first thought the moment I saw the picture - even before reading the text and looking at that friendly fella. :)

I hope that Virpil has some agreement with copyright owners, otherwise ... who knows what happens if they decide to "seek financial justice".

I hope that ergonomics are as good as design - these are not supersport cars bought by collectors, people are buying them IMHO for really serious gaming use, thus if it doesn't fit their needs they do not buy it.

Really looks like a xenomorph showing his "attack tongue" or the two stage trigger.

By Tapatalk + Samsung S9

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Not trying to dampen the enthusiasm but I think most serious sim pilots would probably prefer something that does not look like a light up toy. I have never taken to the RGB stuff (whether it be a joystick, a waterblock, memory or pulsing graphics cards) and always viewed it as a gimmick.

I think it’s more targeted toward space sim pilots :smilewink:

But whatever, if functions and ergonomic are good and not too expensive, why not ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Guessing:

2 triggers - in the same alignment

2 HAT (China, Pyramid) on the top

1 Analog mini-stick on the far side of the top

1 push button on the top

1 HAT on middle of left side of grip (or right in left hand version)

1 two button switch on right of trigger

1 scroll wheel bellow HAT's - similar to Constellation

Pinky button

Brake lever

Adjustable palm rest

VirPil say that twist (contactless sensor) of this version will be lockable.

This is nice and all, but I'm far more interested in replica grips.

Can't wait for the VFX! :)

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

CE-10-png-319203470df3244b016240375dff2126.png

https://forum.virpil.com/uploads/monthly_2019_09/CE_12.png.29dd5e3196ae0b038555c80c37cc60d6.png

- Left and Right hand variants (Non-ambidextrous)

- 1 x Dual-stage trigger

- 1 x Dual Position Flip Trigger (tactile switch trigger + proximity sensor to detect UP position)

- Combination Trigger Stages - flip trigger and dual stage trigger and be pressed simultaneously as a combined trigger for additional trigger stages. Combined trigger action is initiated by index finger actuating both triggers at the same time. *

- 1 x Analogue Stick (+ Push)

- 3 x 5-way Hats (4-way + Push)

- 1 x 3-way Hats (2 way + Push)

- 3 x Momentary buttons

- 1 x Brake lever (VPC Contactless Sensor) + Momentary button

- 1 x Scroll Encoder (+ Dual Push)

- Lockable Twist Axis (VPC Contactless Sensor)

- Adjustable Hand Rest

* Probable similar to Cobra M5 dual trigger:

Edited by Sokol1_br

I really like this stick now - I much prefer to have my analogue mini stick on my dominant hand/stick side, as for me it's much more accurate than trying to move it with my left hand/thumb on a throttle. I have the other available Virpil sticks including a couple of the Delta's, but I find the Delta's aren't set up that great for simming, more for space/Star Citizen, and the analogue stick is easy enough to reach, but the center/top hat isn't even with pretty large hands.

So, this stick fits the bill for me, more of a sim setup than the Delta, and has the analogue hat in a perfect spot IMO. I'll be buying one at least, plus the F14 stick whenever it comes out too.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Clearly it's not a replica, but the functionality is looking more than a little useful. Wonder how much it will be.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

To me it looks like nice and fairly universal grip.

If they manage to do the ergonomics part properly, it might be one of the best options on the market.

That's just what I'm thinking - it won't appeal to simmers who want the most accurate sticks possible but for people looking to support both flight and space sims in a single grip it looks like it could be a great option. (For me at least a CM2 with twist axis, 8-way hat swapped for an analogue stick and a button swapped for a rotary encoder wheel would look to tick a lot of boxes for a lot of different roles)

Gotta hand it to Virpil, they continue to stay on the move with new products.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|