Would like to buy but worried about IFOLS accuracy

bkthunder

So, given the right price-point (pre-order+horent discount), I'd like to jump in, however there is one point that holds me back, and that is the accuracy of the IFOLS modeling (hook to eye etc).

The free stennis is off. the Size is not correct and myabe for this reason (or maybe for another reason) flying a centered ball does not result in a 3 wire in either F-18 or F-14.

So I kindly ask 2 questions to ED, and I hope this will be clarified once and for all since it's a pretty fundamental thing in a carrier simulation:

1. Will the IFOLS be correct for the F-18, resulting in a proper 3-wire descent path?

2. Will the IFOLS angle correct for the F-14 (meanign it needs to be adjusted for said aircraft), resulting in a 3-wire descent path?

I think at this point of develpment ED should be well able to answer and clarify this, especially since people can start to buy the thing.

Thanks.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

So, given the right price-point (pre-order+horent discount), I'd like to jump in, however there is one point that holds me back, and that is the accuracy of the IFOLS modeling (hook to eye etc).

The free stennis is off. the Size is not correct and myabe for this reason (or maybe for another reason) flying a centered ball does not result in a 3 wire in either F-18 or F-14.

So I kindly ask 2 questions to ED, and I hope this will be clarified once and for all since it's a pretty fundamental thing in a carrier simulation:

1. Will the IFOLS be correct for the F-18, resulting in a proper 3-wire descent path?

2. Will the IFOLS angle correct for the F-14 (meanign it needs to be adjusted for said aircraft), resulting in a 3-wire descent path?

I think at this point of develpment ED should be well able to answer and clarify this, especially since people can start to buy the thing.

Thanks.

That's news. I fly a centered ball, I get a 3-wire (unless I screw with DLC in the F-14 too much) most of the time. The Hornet is even easier! lol

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

There's already a 4 page long thread on exactly this topic:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=261087&page=4

The outcome of which seems to be that with the existing carrier if you fly the ball in an F-18 you catch the three wire, in an F-14 you have to fly half a ball high.

That would have been a better place to ask the question, E.D. are as likely to answer the question there as anywhere.

Cheers.

While catching a 3-wire gives you bragging rights amongst your peers, no wire is a bad wire.

That said, in the F18, when I hit the slope just right and fly the ball correctly, I manage a high percentage of 3-wires. Same in the F14 but with the ball about 1 ball higher. H/E errrrr

Really, never thought of...or realized IFLOLS is out of Cal. Thinking it was just the difference in the F18 vs the F14 which is not compensated for by the boat.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10