What is the difference between the two bases?

Aviators

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of buying a new Virpil set, but I'm confused about the Virpil base

What is the difference between WarBRD Base and MongoosT-50CM2 base?

Ps: Please try to be as precise and detailed as possible :joystick:

Edited by Aviators

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of buying a new Virpil set, but I'm confused about the Virpil base

What is the difference between WarBRD Base and WarBRD Base?

WarBRD Base == WarBRD Base

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

that looks like a typo.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

What is the difference between WarBRD Base and MongoosT-50CM2 base?

Disclaimer, I do not own nor have tried any of those base.

Afaik the WarBrd base is designed for desktop/short mount use. And so without extension. Its cam profile and springs are designed with that in mind. It have large throw +/-22°. Dual cam per axes with extension spring.

While the T50 base is indented to be center mounted and be used with an extended stick. From what I've read the tension can be set to much stronger than we can on the WarBrd. The throw is quite lower than on the WarBrd to prevent clearance problem I guess. Also as it is supposed to hold an extended grip a large throw isn't really necessary. T50 was +/-15°. T50CM is +/-16°. Single cam per axis with compression springs that we can fine tune easily - without disassembly.

I do not know if compression/extension spring and dual cam/single make any difference in feel.

Edited by Ant0ine

I own both

warbrd base for desktop use with warbrd grip, want to use one of the other grips get a deskmount, not designed for extensions, comes with 2 aviasim CAMS (non linear force) comes with 2 spring soft and hard, other CAM's cost extra

CM2 base, comes with 4 CAM's (2 aviasim, 2 cosmosim, soft centre ana no centre) and 3 spring sets (light med, hard), the spring tension is adjustable precisely , will work with extensions

Currently I use CM2 base + CM2 grip + 200mm extension, cosmosim no cnetre CAM's, with light springs

Which one to buy ???

If you want precise tuning of your stick and use extensions, get the CM2, otherwise the warbrd .... but I wish they would allow you to pick the second set of CAM's when buying it (would recommend cosmosim no centre CAM's)

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

I own the original t50, and a warbrd.

The differences are quite severe, but in the essence the warbrd is designed to be used under less custom circumstances, you can plop this on a desk, and use, even though I wouldn't recommend that for any stick, the springs and cams are thus designed to present less of a force profile, it's meant to be used as is, with no extensions. It also have a large throw range, about similar to that on the warthog, on the stick compared to the t50.

The t50 has been designed towards those with dedicated setups and pits in mind.

You are expected to use extensions, long ones, hence the shorter throw range becomes a plus side, it features more aggressive cams and springs and it requires to be bolted into a position and a fairly low one at that.

With the added adjustability with t50's spring tension mechanism you can fin tune it to be either a nice easily pushed stick, to an arm wrestling simulator, and anything in between.

For instance if you are looking for a center stick with a gooseneck extension the t50 is your go to.

Both are exceptionally precise and a joy to use.

I suggest buying all the appropriate cams you can, that way you can test out and tweak to your own desired feel.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

Thank you so much guys, you have been very exhaustive and kind.

Personally i don't use extensions, i use monstertech's supports. I will purchase the WarBRD base

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Thank you so much guys, you have been very exhaustive and kind.

Personally i don't use extensions, i use monstertech's supports. I will purchase the WarBRD base

You won´t be disappointed

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I own the original t50, and a warbrd.

The differences are quite severe, but in the essence the warbrd is designed to be used under less custom circumstances, you can plop this on a desk, and use, even though I wouldn't recommend that for any stick, the springs and cams are thus designed to present less of a force profile, it's meant to be used as is, with no extensions. It also have a large throw range, about similar to that on the warthog, on the stick compared to the t50.

Despite this my Warbrd is center mounted with a 7.5cm extension. The only thing it runs into now and then is the palm support into my right leg, but not enough to affect flight. I have the light springs and barely-there center cam, but I'm going to get even lighter springs and see if they're too light (I like fingertip flying).

• Like 1

• 3 years later...