might buy used Virpil setup... what should I consider before paying?

Rick50

Saw a Virpil set for sale, the throttle Mongoose T-50, warbird base, Constellation stick, and a few other bits lke mounts and such.

Not sure how old.

The Constellation grip seems nice, but thinking I'd eventually replace it with the Hornet stick from ah the TM company.

It's not cheap, not even sure yet if there's even a discount, as I'd have to price out each piece, then consider shipping cost he paid for it.

I'm sure it's quality. But it's a lot of money to drop, so I want a better idea what I might get from it before paying a random dude a large chunk of cash!!

Is there anything I should know about, problems with older models, maybe a known issue, or maybe some form of registration? Maybe issues with getting drivers? maybe a possible problem i've not thought of yet?

Edited by Rick50

Probably not older than 1 year. Maybe very slightly more.

I haven't experienced a single problem with my MongoosT-50 base. It's pure gold complemented with extensions and the mount. Also Hornet grip-compatible.

Can't say much about the Constellation apart from that it's meant to be a space-sim grip.

The throttle has some flaws. I personally not super-excited about its 4-way switches. But as a whole it's way better than the WH Throttle.

You may also consider my offer here;)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=246171

mighty pilot, so it seems

· Intel i7 8700K 3.7GHz · Asus 1080 Ti · HP Reverb · Virpil T-50CM2 base + stick · Virpil MT-50 Throttle · TM TPR Pedals