Release Restrictions on Unguided weapons

Shrike88

Greetings,

Maybe chuck you can put shed some light on this topic, didn’t see any information on either manual or guide.

I Cannot consistently release MK-83 or MK20 rockeyes CCRP or CCIP, as it seems the computer is at times restricting my bomb release. I have a solid BFL and cue, not dashed. Just inconsistent when it works. Is there a set or fixed parameter you have to be in for these to work . ? Please no guessing.

I have seen them not release when not accelerating or decelerating too fast, level or dive, 1G vs +G.

Specific criteria the computer is looking for ? It’s not the PUC I set that to 10Ft

are you switching between weapon profiles and into one where you still have the fuze on safe?

This. It's by far the single biggest design flaw of the avionics.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Hi,

We will list the restrictions in manual later:

1. pitch within -60~40 degrees

2. bank within +/-20 degrees

3. no negative g-load

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

CCIP is actually quite tricky at first, even though it is "easy" in principle.

Fly over the target at about 8000 ft. Draw a line from the target perpendicular to your flight path out until it is just beyond the side of the canopy rail.

Watch this point until it disappears just below the forward bottom corner of the canopy (where the front canopy and main canopy meet).

Pitch down at zero g or roll inverted and pull to around -35 deg. of pitch.

The CCIP pipper should now be visible on the HUD while looking forward at +1.0 g at -35 pitch.

You want to be flying at around 300 kts, brakes out.

Align the jet with the target. As you get closer, the CCIP pipper should pass over the target.

As it passes over the target, pickle, then pull up and fly the escape maneuver.

If you get it right the aircraft will be at +1.0 g at release, and it should be a good impact.

Don't start too low otherwise you'll be on top of the target (literally) when you recover from the dive.

The brakes are required to stop you gaining too much speed.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Hi,

We will list the restrictions in manual later:

1. pitch within -60~40 degrees

2. bank within +/-20 degrees

3. no negative g-load

Excellent Uboats, exactly what I was looking for. I think rapid acceleration/deceleration effects also

Thanks for response

• 2 months later...

There's still something off. Even when meeting those limits oftentimes those bombs do not release. RDY is not crossed out, perfectly lined up, no sudden movements, fuze is set, audio cue comes, nothing happens.