To reproduce:

Mission - Fire Brigade - River Defense.miz

• Setup EHSD with colour map

• Setup IRMAV

• LH MPCD - EHSD

• Designate WP 1 as Target

• SS Aft x2 = DMT-TV

• TDC = Slew TV to target

• LH MPCD - Stores Page, select IRMV using MPCD button or ACP pylon selection.

• Uncage the IR Maverick

• Change LH MPCD FOV to narrow/zoom

When AAA radar detected on RWR (HUD lollipop >--o )

• Select Sidearm station with ACP

• When Sidearm detects and locks the AAA radar, fire

• Select IRMV station with ACP to continue attack

Maverick IR screen is displayed on LH MPCD with map behind Maverick FOV 'box' and targeting cross overlays.

Selecting the LH MPCD FOV button clears the colour map and the IR maverick video feed is again displayed.

Tested in Open Beta 2.5.2.18736 with an edited version of Fire Brigade - River Defense.miz

Screen_180623_021452.thumb.jpg.2a616722aedf4f9496b68e85301ca820.jpg

Edited by Ramsay
Remove old track file to free up space

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

This seems to be a Maverick issue the first time it's used after firing a Sidearm. Possibly related to another bug where the IR seeker is locked to a previous attack position or sometimes the sky, rather than where the DMT-TV or TPOD has generated a target diamond.

Bug is demo'd here:

I fired at the bridge (5 min ago), then used a Sidearm (4 min ago) and have now locked up a Shilka via the TPOD but the Maverick IR Sensor looks at the bridge (rather than track with the TV/TPOD/designation) until I hit the "PLTY" (Hot on Cold Polarity) button on the LH MPCD.

IIRC normal behaviour without firing the Sidearm is for the IRMV sensor to track with the TV/TPOD.

Note: Sidearm still suffers from an issue were after firing, it needs another weapon (or empty Station) to be selected and the Sidearm re-selected before the second missile will get a lock i.e. to ripple fire on single or multiple radar emitters. Perhaps also related?

Tested DCS 2.5.2.18736

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I just begin flying the Harrier and was trying to use the Mavs for the first time and this bug occured, even though I did not had any Sidearms with me.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I just begin flying the Harrier and was trying to use the Mavs for the first time and this bug occured, even though I did not had any Sidearms with me.

I think it has to do with the sidewinder station, from what i have noticed selecting the outside station or Gun air2air mode will have a chance for this bug to happen.

way to fix it at the moment is deselecting the mavs from the armament panel and selecting them again "should" change it back to normal.

there is also another bug that is similar when using the mavs or a2a mode then the TPOD where the TPOD will not move, the way to fix that one seems to be Nosewheel steering FOV rest and selecting A2G mode on and off a few times