Multi-crew Auto-hover Slave fails to engage on it's second activation.

Ramsay

Description: Multi-crew Auto-hover Slave fails to engage on it's second activation.

• Enter a stable hover
  • Press the joystick Auto-hover button ('Hover' shows in the controls indicator).
  • The pilot maintains height and direction in Multi-crew using the collective and yaw pedals.
  • Slave YAW to the Viviane Camera by pressing an assigned joystick button ('Hover' and 'Slaved' show in the controls indicator).
  • The pilot can relax YAW control as it is controlled by the camera.
  • Press the 'Slave' button a 2nd time to Disable 'Slave' mode (again only 'Hover' is displayed).
  • Press the Auto-hover button a 2nd time to disable it and resume normal control (no text is displayed in the controls indicator).
  • Relocate to a new position and repeat the procedure.
  • You can enter auto-hover and 'Hover' displayed on the controls indicator.
  • However the 'Slave' button fails to work - YAW control is not passed to the camera/other player and 'Slaved' does not show on the controls indicator.

DCS Version: 1.5.4.57288

Steam: yes

Map: Caucasus

MP: Campaign as a multi-crew mission

Airframe: SA-342M

Reproducible: no

Step to Reproduce: In Mission 2 of the Campaign, move to the Observation point at WP4, enter a auto-hover and slave the camera, once the co-pilot has acquired and ranged some targets, move into range and re-enter a auto-hover. The pilot will find themselves unable to 'slave' yaw to the Viviane camera and need to use other means to keep the Gazelle and camera aligned i.e. use ADI VIS mode.

Screenshot: N/A

Track Available: N/A

Controllers: X52 Pro (Throttle), MS Sidewinder FFB2 (cyclic), TrackIR

RAM: 12GB

GPU: GTX 670 2Gb

Mods: JSGME all disabled

Additional Info: I was host and pilot. Also occurred in Mission 1, DCS 1.5.4.55952 when I was host and playing as co-pilot/weapons officer.

Edited by Ramsay
typo, Couldn't reproduce in a clean mission

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Will test this week sometime....but try this:

At second hover period, before turning on slave - have the commander center the vivian view again and require the target - then try slave mode. If this works, I think I know the issue.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

For our 3rd target there seemed a small desync between what my commander saw on the monitor and what I saw, so he reset/centred the Viviane camera to fix it. I'm fairly certain I pressed the 'Slave' button after that (at some point) without 'Slaved' appearing on the controls indicator.

As we've kept the Viviane ON and used the Convoy/Store position whilst enroute/relocating, we'll try turning the whole Viviane system OFF and ON if Slave fails to work (I think we already tried this whilst flying Mission 1 but it was a different version of DCS and we had load-out desyncs after refuelling at FARP London to confuse things).

I'm unlikely to fly multi-crew for another week as we mix our DCS sessions with ARMA 3 but will report back if I find anything.

Will test this week sometime....but try this:

At second hover period, before turning on slave - have the commander center the vivian view again and require the target - then try slave mode. If this works, I think I know the issue.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 2 weeks later...

Multi-crew Auto-hover Slave fails to engage on it's second activation.

Roie,

I experienced the same thing (including camera desync), though I can't recall if it was the second instance. I can test it tonight.

To confirm, you would want me to test it "normally" the first time to see if it works, then test it a second time. Do I just need to cycle the slave button or should I exit and re-enter auto hover? Then if slaved mode doesn't work, recenter vivane, reacquire target and then enter slaved mode.

Is this correct?

Tested this in NTTR with two players on the server (I was hosting and acting as WSO). Could not duplicate the issue, as slave worked fine. Hit a target, offset it by 90 degrees, kept the camera near the target but didn't refine the heading when going into hover, then let Slave move the heading. Repeated twice again, but could not duplicate the issue.

I have seen this issue before from a dedicated server, so the fact that I couldn't duplicate as host might be a datapoint.

TL; DR Quick update, the bug is not easy to repeat.

We had some issues in our last MP campaign mission, so set aside a session to test multi-crew in a clean mission.

I hosted the mission and we swapped pilot/commander role for each aircraft.

The mission defined 3x SA-342M at Batumi

• Player - Cold Ramp Start
  • Client - Cold Ramp Start
  • Client - Hot Parking

Normally,

Auto-hover = both saw 'Hover' in their controls indicator

Slaved = only the pilot saw 'Slaved' in the controls indicator but it worked correctly for both

My force feedback stick could cause camera/slave drift when I was command if not zero.

Minor yaw oscillations or alignment de-sync's were fixed using the video command box 'centering toggle switch'

The only time we had an issue was when the 'player' slot was piloted by the remote player.

• Hover state de-sync - pilot saw Hover but Commander did not, slave worked but on exit from Hover Commander saw Hover whilst in flight.
  • Changing 'Role' to spectator (to re-sync the commander), crashed DCS.
  • Repeating the test, the bug was not repeatable and we were able to auto-hover and slave multiple times.

As the bug was not repeatable, the fact it occurred in the 'player' slot may be pure coincidence.

Description: Multi-crew Auto-hover de-sync.

DCS Version: 1.5.4.57288

Steam: yes

Map: Caucasus

MP: Clean Mission with Ramp and Hot Parking as Client and Ramp as Player (3 slots)

Airframe: SA-342M

Reproducible: no

Screenshot: N/A

Track Available: N/A

Controllers: X52 Pro (Throttle), MS Sidewinder FFB2 (cyclic), TrackIR

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

We meet a nearly problem with Open Beta 2.5

During our second multicrew flight on same server, auto-hover was not able to engage ( required parameters about speed and vario was ok as usual ).

There was no problem in the first coop flight where role were inverted

We'll try to reproduce on next time and provide 'step to reproduce'...

I should add the following

I'm currently using the warthog throttle slider (the grey one named INCR) and it works for me.

Some other people who are using the same had to use a curve to make it work.

I'd say it depends on the slider itself.