World War 2 - Helicopters?

FlightControl

Hi ED team,

Don't know if this was raised already, but ...

It would be really good if ED would add some

world war 2 helicopters

to the list for transport ...

These could be added to the World War II asset pack?

Are some of these planned?An example for use is to make some real good medic rescue transport scenarios :-)

Here are some examples:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rotorcraft_used_in_World_War_II

Sven

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

As far as I know, helicopters did not play any role in World War II, as they were not really fit for the battlefield and anything else than reliable.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

before helicopters were born, there was a very important machine that is the father of the helicopters, its name and autogyro.

I love that one :-)

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Unlike a helicopter, the autogiro can not maintain a continuous stationary flight condition, precisely because of the lack on the rotor of a power transmission organ. In fact, as flight speed decreases, assuming cab-like structures, the air flow that feeds the rotor decreases, causing a slow and uniform reduction of the rotor revolutions, and therefore of the generated lift.

It can be deduced that the autogiro, unlike a helicopter, even if it is able to operate in very narrow spaces, can not perform takeoffs or vertical landings because after the pre-rotation it has to acquire the rotor revolutions necessary for subsistence with a short acceleration stroke

I read recently Japan actually had combat ready helicopters or gyros (don't remember which) that were intended for ASW. Unfortunately, they loaded them all on one ship that promptly got torpedoed and that was the end of that.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

World war 2 helicopters... Not so much. However Korea saw the widespread use of helicopters. There's the H-21, H-25, and H-19. Im lucky enough to have flown the H-19 so I'd love to see it in game but I know thats pretty unlikely. If a developer wants to take one on though I know a guy with about 12 of them still flying.

There were no operational helicopters in WWII. The technology was still in development. I believe the Korean war was the first major conflict to see helicopters used enmass. I also believe they weren't armed until the Vietnam war...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

@mytai

Korea was first large scale deployment, but Germany used them in limited numbers, only a few dozen in total though, and very crude. They were definitely 'operational'. Just limited numbers.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2