F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)

Kev2go

F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)  

673 members have voted

1. 1. F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)

• Yes, its a feasible as a potential future module
    • No

If the aircraft is 90% same as legacy hornet, why would one buy it?

If it's 90% the same, that could imply a low price point.

The lower frontal RCS could be pretty interesting though

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

This would have another huge market as a Rhino would surely pull in most Hornet buyers. Honestly a great add-on IMO would be a full priced module that included both the E and F models! That might make it the best selling DCS module to date. Lot 25 and earlier should be doable since they have mostly the same avionics as the Hornet.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Sry, still not convinced. I would buy it only if it comes with aesa radar which we all know is not gonna happen.

I think you would be by far in the minority. Just about everyone who has the Hornet would jump on a Rhino with the unique differences. It is a completely different aircraft. The added Range, and payload would be a huge difference and if they added the multiplayer aspect of the F model that would really differentiate it and make it something truly unique in DCS.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

The E would potentially get the go ahead from my wallet.

The F definitely would.

It would be great to help teach fellow players to fly a Hornet by just being in the same aircraft.

I would be equally happy with the legacy D model for the same reason.

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

I would go to my PayPal RIGHT NOW and shell out 80 bucks if an E-Rhino was announced.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

If the aircraft is 90% same as legacy hornet, why would one buy it?

Why not buy it?

It is normal to see developments in aircraft models such as the SU-27 >> SU-33

etc.

As we know the Hornet and the super hornet have coexisted together in the operations of the USN and USMC, they would complement each other very well and in the case of SUPER HORNET it would further enhance the embarked operations that we could do in DCS.

The similarity in its avionics is not a disadvantage, it is a strong point for DCS players that could serve as virtual legacy hornet pilots in CAS missions and in the next take off from the super carrier in a Super hornet.

We know the reasons why ED developed the Hornet, hopefully one day there is the possibility of developing the Super Hornet. I would definitely buy it.

the last thing.

90% of the avionics its the same,not the 90% of the aircraft.

Tanker capacity

35% more fuel.

2 Rack more for Payload.

New and better avionics

the 2 SEAT versión:

Trainer

regards

This would have another huge market as a Rhino would surely pull in most Hornet buyers. Honestly a great add-on IMO would be a full priced module that included both the E and F models! That might make it the best selling DCS module to date. Lot 25 and earlier should be doable since they have mostly the same avionics as the Hornet.

While I do agree it would be a top seller I don't think it would be as big as some other aircraft. There are a lot of people out there from the Vietnam era that are aching for an F-4 Phantom or a F-105 Thunderchief. Then there are those that love the Century series fighters that would love a F-100 Super Saber.

Over in the World of RC airplanes one of the best selling EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) Jet has been this new model of the F-4 Phantom that was released last year.

freewing-f-4d-phantom-ii-90mm-edf-jet-pnp-motion-rc-1226101948441_1024x1024.jpg?v=1556160775

While I do agree it would be a top seller I don't think it would be as big as some other aircraft. There are a lot of people out there from the Vietnam era that are aching for an F-4 Phantom or a F-105 Thunderchief. Then there are those that love the Century series fighters that would love a F-100 Super Saber.

Over in the World of RC airplanes one of the best selling EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) Jet has been this new model of the F-4 Phantom that was released last year.

AS much as i also want to see an F4 besides another teen series fighter like the Rhino, Apparently ED thought otherwise since F4E was put into backburner and decided to go with the F16C first, and then plans to follow through with Mi24P ( which is already in early stages of development) and then Ah1F.

That being said the F4E that was planned was a post vietnam variant. IF anything based on the features that were listed for the block 53 it specifically would have been a 1980s iteration. Hoenstly far more apealing due to the post production upgrades giving a Phantom much more elegant tools in its toolbox to work with. All in all more fitting for the DCS environment.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

What lot Super Hornets was chosen as a basis for the AI version that you are involved with developing?

The External Model is Obviously Early Block II (new Aux ECS Heat Vents, Re-shaped nose etc).

So Lot 25 Late/Lot 26 Early

So I had Planned for:

AI F/A-18E Block II Early

AI F/A-18F Block II Early

AI F/A-18G Block II Early

AI F/A-18E Block II Early (Tanker Variant)

Then Make Some Adjustments:

AI /FA-18E Block I Late (Pre AESA, Original Aux ECS Vents etc)

Then Add New Block III Stores/Features (New Tanks, Pods, External Model Cockpit Changes)

AI F/A-18E Block III Early

AI F/A-18F Block III Early

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The External Model is Obviously Early Block II (new Aux ECS Heat Vents, Re-shaped nose etc).

So I had Planned for:

Then Add New Block III Stores/Features (New Tanks, Pods, External Model Cockpit Changes)

That is pretty great news! Will there also be static models and what's the ETA on the first models?

So I had Planned for:

Great to see that were will be so many AI options for so many Super Hornet variations.

I am very surprised for the last part of the list will be a thing, considering the Block 3's aren't yet in operational service.

That being said what significance is there between a early block 2 and late block 2 from external model/ AI modelling perspective? ( the publicly available manual from 2008 only covers up to Lot 30) "Early" block 2 didn't have AESA radar either, it was a post production refit for lot 26- lot 29. Considering how AI in general already have all seeing eyes im wondering the exact advantage we will notice from AESA equipped SH AI as opposed non AESA SH AI.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Great to see that were will be so many AI options for so many Super Hornet variations.

I am very surprised for the last part of the list will be a thing, considering the Block 3's aren't yet in operational service.

That being said what significance is there between a early block 2 and late block 2 from external model/ AI modelling perspective? ( the publicly available manual from 2008 only covers up to Lot 30) "Early" block 2 didn't have AESA radar either, it was a post production refit for lot 26- lot 29. Considering how AI in general already have all seeing eyes im wondering the exact advantage we will notice from AESA equipped SH AI as opposed non AESA SH AI.

Block II started with Lot 26, Prior to that it was Block I, with lot specific changes, but Block II with redesigned forward fuselage didnt start til 26, for the AESA.

Difference Between Late Block I (Lots 24 and 25). and Block II Early (Lot 26+), is the Forward Fuselage shape, AESA, Aux ECS, Heat Exchangers, and WSO cockpit Displays. OFP Programming Language, Counter measures systems etc.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Block II started with Lot 26, Prior to that it was Block I, with lot specific changes, but Block II with redesigned forward fuselage didnt start til 26, for the AESA.

Difference Between Late Block I (Lots 24 and 25). and Block II Early (Lot 26+), is the Forward Fuselage shape, AESA, Aux ECS, Heat Exchangers, and WSO cockpit Displays. OFP Programming Language, Counter measures systems etc.

YesI know the differences... I started this thread after all. You didn't seem to understand the question. The question i ask is not the differences between them IRL but what practical difference will such an impact make for a mere AI aircraft? because it seems between a late block 1, and early block 2 will not have any meaningfull difference apart from eye candy for rivet counters.

It all seems like these are negligible differences in 3d model and other things like new internal changes like displays or software changes will not make make any noticeable impact for an AI level aircraft with SFM flight model.

AS for the block 3 there are substantially more differences but i find it quite unusual for ED to agree to include an aircraft that is not in operational service ( even with SFM your looking at guesstimates due to lacking performance charts)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

So I had Planned for:

Have you ever considered Growler Block 2 as well? Thanks :)

70372440_10157348563788614_5825776163796025344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQnzk6uLAlrjOlrhKIb-tZMPTHl0c341fhpHGUNStnLuTeJaAB32CHxxrjw3M6Tfwzw&_nc_ht=scontent.fsgn2-4.fna&oh=2d3f651345ea785733d2ff4501f57036&oe=5E53A693

69711650_10157348563628614_2706496409196036096_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQmkPk4gxEuJzgJ2t87vkIGxkXvrl1kgUx6biQ-gRBqCave0OQwAO7n-BJLxnjyA0qg&_nc_ht=scontent.fsgn2-1.fna&oh=8c7e0ba04ad1b5de998b67fbada18e14&oe=5E26DF01

70299373_10157348564358614_3028834649653641216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQnF5f6cT6VAWzB-v_C8X5GcfbGyWXIKqRuiLlTdr2m0AUL2ot7aS7msOY7zsKlMwYk&_nc_ht=scontent.fsgn2-2.fna&oh=fa06845e883ad210b4e45ce5235effb4&oe=5E1AAF35

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Gen 2" Growler is part of F/A-18F Block III.

All block 3 Fs are prewired to be easily converted to Gs with minimal offline time.

YesI know the differences... I started this thread after all. You didn't seem to understand the question. The question i ask is not the differences between them IRL but what practical difference will such an impact make for a mere AI aircraft? because it seems between a late block 1, and early block 2 will not have any meaningfull difference apart from eye candy for rivet counters.

It all seems like these are negligible differences in 3d model and other things like new internal changes like displays or software changes will not make make any noticeable impact for an AI level aircraft with SFM flight model.

AS for the block 3 there are substantially more differences but i find it quite unusual for ED to agree to include an aircraft that is not in operational service ( even with SFM your looking at guesstimates due to lacking performance charts)

For AI, Visual Appearance Between Block I and II.

Block III will be a Single Dual Cockpit Variant, (No Single Seat Versions).

as the Block III F is like I said Prewired for Growler Capability, so its as easy as swapping out some stores and LAUs and you gotta growler, all the embedded radios in the spine and Stabs are present as Part of the Block III Upgrade. Leading Edge RCS Reduction will be as well if not inter-changable. Easily Set to change when loadig the NJJs in the Stores Configuration.

Other things for BIII include the CFTs, IRST Pod, APKWS, EWP, EPE, Among other things.

Edited by SkateZilla

For AI, Visual Appearance Between Block I and II.

Block III will be a Single Dual Cockpit Variant, (No Single Seat Versions).

as the Block III F is like I said Prewired for Growler Capability, so its as easy as swapping out some stores and LAUs and you gotta growler, all the embedded radios in the spine and Stabs are present as Part of the Block III Upgrade. Leading Edge RCS Reduction will be as well if not inter-changable. Easily Set to change when loadig the NJJs in the Stores Configuration.

Other things for BIII include the CFTs, IRST Pod, APKWS, EWP, EPE, Among other things.

ahhh I see that explains it.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro