Fictional Soviet Air Force "MiG-31"

X-man

Love it :thumbup:

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Now that is an awesome looking skin! very nice!!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

wow... no one saw this early 80's Clint Eastwood movie??

The premise is, he's an experienced American fighter pilot, (I think flying Aggressor Sqn ), but unusually, he also speaks Russian. The West learns of the Soviet "Firefox Mig-31" and get very concerned... it's somewhat stealthy, very maneuverable, and capable of speeds beyond the Blackbird, and huge fuel reserves. Oh ya... and it can be controlled by thought, it reads your mind. Faster to react, they say. But they realize, the pilot needs to "THINK IN RUSSIAN" to fly it.

In a panic, the Americans and Brits launch a plan... TO STEAL THE JET!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox_(film)

Ok, so it's not the best action movie... but it was pretty good to inspire me until Top Gun showed up years later!

Then again, Blue Thunder featured real footage of helicopters doing crazy maneuvers in urban Los Angeles...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Thunder

Beautiful work one minor issue.

The board number on the nose section doesn't line up with the shape of the nose section.

Would be nice to arc or angle the number if possible.

I think I see what your talking about. I'll try to see what I can do...

EDIT:

Q3RdKwV.png

Edited by X-man

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

So maybe they'll resurrect a few Tomcats from the Boneyard to act as Aggressor Squadron... to act as the real world Mig-31? Seems slightly plausible to me! Big long range radar, speed and angels...

Nice repaint! Sorry for the earlier thread hijack!