Carrier spawn issue

Muybonito523

Since two updates ago, ive only been able to put four airplanes on the Stennis, and unable to stack any more. Used to be able to place as many groups on a carrier for multiplayer spawns as I want. This only happens to new missions built, previous missions that were already created are not having this issue. Are others experiencing this or have found a work around?

i7 7800x @ 4.2Ghz I MSI M7ACK X299 I 32GB G Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2400 I ASUS STRIX GTX 1080Ti I Samsung EVO 960 500GB M.2 PCIe SSD I TM 16000M STICK / HOTAS / TM Pedals I Oculus Rift VR CV1

VF-111 Sun Downers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

I place them in air then change them to start on ramp after. To be honest, I don't know why ED doesn't just take a bit of time to add like 12 more parking spots or more on the carrier deck.

Edited by Kazius

Same, but last time i did that, after number 4, they started getting placed on the nearest airfield instead of the carrier.

i7 7800x @ 4.2Ghz I MSI M7ACK X299 I 32GB G Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2400 I ASUS STRIX GTX 1080Ti I Samsung EVO 960 500GB M.2 PCIe SSD I TM 16000M STICK / HOTAS / TM Pedals I Oculus Rift VR CV1

VF-111 Sun Downers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I should mention, this is DCS openbeta. Be interested to know if it still works for you.

VF-111 Sun Downers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

nope, I just placed 3 new F-18C's on the Stennis in a mission for which I already had at least 12 on. I did have them spaced out for spots though. I know if your trying to add a wingman to a unit on deck you have to change him to an in air position first then add the wingman and then change back to start from ramp.

I only use beta until they mess it up so it's unusable which I haven't really seen happen yet.

Old mission though right? Its new missions that seem to have problems. Ill give it a go again tonight. Thanks for testing, must be me somewhere, just trying to make sure im not crazy.

VF-111 Sun Downers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Old mission though right? Its new missions that seem to have problems. Ill give it a go again tonight. Thanks for testing, must be me somewhere, just trying to make sure im not crazy.

You are correct. And I tried on a new mission and you are correct again. New missions can only have 4 planes appointed to it :( Makes the Stennis pretty useless. Can't have 4 planes take off to do a Fighter Sweep, then 4 take off to do SEAD, then 4 to do strike :(

Workaround:

Take an old mission and nuke everything but the carrier, save as new file template. Or use stable version.

Edited by Kazius

Good im not crazy! However, this sucks. Weve been trying work arounds in our group, one was to make it AI, set the waypoint to landing, then client, let you get it on deck as spawnable, but then it threw you off the ship all the time. Wonder if we can copy paste the carrier from previous missions?

VF-111 Sun Downers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
Make sure parking spot 1 is changed to 4 for each aircraft you add and you should be able to keep adding them.

Does it work for F-14's as well? Say, 6 x F-14's starting from ramp?

EDIT:

What I exactly meant was, can they all spawn at the same time, only 2 at a time, 4 maybe, etc.?

(I don't have enough volunteers to test that for me... I'll try and get them together though)

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I would like to see this behavior changed to allow the mission editor to specify exactly where every client controlled and un-activated AI controlled plane (for example tankers or awacs) are parked. It would be nice to park them in appropriate locations.

Make sure parking spot 1 is changed to 4 for each aircraft you add and you should be able to keep adding them.

Just tested, working fine here, thanks. New mission, no problems to have ten (did not try more) ac starting from ramp.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Glad to see this thread, now a few things make sense! I was having trouble with a new mission last night, in utter frustration I deleted the carrier group that I was having the issue with and laid down a new one, then I could get 8 Hornets and 2 Tomcats to start on the carrier. not sure if I could have gotten more to work as this was all that was required for this mission.

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

Yeah, totally not working for me in OB...... I can get up to 5 birds, but no more.

Why is the rum always gone!?!?!?!

My squadron is also finding problems with spawning on aircraft carriers with different mixes of planes. To test such mission you have to be in multiplayer and you have to have many players to spawn in at the start of the mission. The Tarawa and Av8b spawning clearly has some other issue to do with late activation coming up and stopping and planes from spawning. I think this is a known issue and hope they fix it soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

I seem to have a similar but different problem. I am trying to set a carrier as a landing point, but it just jumps to the nearest airport. Any thoughts??

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU