When is next sale?

TheKrayTwin

Hi there, I'm new DCS and am very impressed with it. I'm basically wanting to buy all modules to learn one by one. Obviously I'm wanting to do this during a sale otherwise it will be very costly. I have the Hawk which I've fully learnt and now ready for the next. When is the next sale going to be or are sales now going to be less frequent? I guessing there will be one during the Christmas holidays from the history but is there one sooner? I'm in stale mate and wanting to get learning a new module.

Thanks

• Like 1

-----------------------------------------------------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sales are very frequent and I am afraid you have just missed one. There will invariably be another within a couple of months.

IMHO don't overload yourself with modules, each one released to ED's standards have a huge range of systems to learn. I myself have been flying the A10-C for 6 years and still don't know all the systems beyond a basic grasp for some of the more obscure ones. Same with the Kamov and the Mi-8MTV2. Huey I have pretty much grasped everything but even then you can still learn.

If its variety your after the FC3 might be a better choice for you its affordable you get 6 aircraft and even without clickable cockpits are very(quite) complex:)

Obviously its your money but for value A10-C, KA-50, Mig21, Mi-8 or L39 would be my recommendation:)

Welcome to the forums:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cibit has a good point. "Jack of all trades master of none". I fly A-10C , tried Huey, F-15, Black Shark, but...I mainly use one. On the other hand I know a guy who is quite proficient with A-10C, Ka-50, Huey, Mig-21 and he is looking to buy Mirage next.

Thanks for your replies. Yes I should just master one. I love Russian jets so will master the Mig-21 or Mig-15, though it will most likely be the Mig-21 due to it's reviews and flight model. The Hawk's flight model is SFM which doesn't feel realistic so I want a realistic flight model next which is the Mig-21 over the Mig-15 I think. And I guess if I'm just getting one I can pay full price instead of waiting a possible couple of months :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can't go wrong with either Mig. Although I would rate the 21 slightly higher than the 15, just for the pure fun factor. It's really quite a rush to fly, and almost always a very scary ride. Basically a rocket with wings. It's also quite a big step up from the Hawk but not too daunting in its systems and avionics.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Love the Russian fast movers too. I just purchased the SU-27 and absolutely loving it. Passing over the crest of mountain tops at >1000 kph skimming the trees as the valley open up and the ground drops away quickly is a blast. Truest sense of flight at speed you can get from a desktop sim.

Not as sophisticated or complicated as the A-10C module, or other hi-fidelity sims, but quite nice none-the-less. Just wish they'd get to adding some clickable elements to the pit.

Good luck!

DrDetroit

Wags said that sales will be less frequent and with smaller discounts in the future. So I don't expect it to happen before around New Year.

One thing is to learn using all the systems and the other is to train to use them within appropriate tactics in the heat of battle. So, you don't have to rush to much.

I'm learning MiG-21 now, it is not hard to learn but DCS is not very suitable environment for it. I mean if you meet F-15C without any handicaps, you are dead duck :). At least, it is very challenging to win the fight.

So, I would recommend you to take A-10C for full price. Maybe you have some bonus $ from buying Hawk?

There is so much to learn about A-10, you will have plenty to learn while waiting for next sale. Also, it is most mature module with lot's of content out there. Check missions and campaign section of this forum. I'm flying A-10C from 2011 and it is still my favorite. Also, DCS is environment created originally for A-10C era aircraft, so you will fill comfortable out there.

Also, new map (NTTR) will be released soon, and it is training range for A-10 in real life.

A-10C worth every penny even for full price, so I recommend you to take her right now if you can.

Edited by marluk
[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

you should not put 'SALE' up in headline, very misleading as people do not expect what they get from that trigger word... just sayin'

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I went ahead and bought the Mig-21 last night. Fly's beautiful and very quirky which I like. Thank you for the other suggestions but I went for the Mig-21 because it's just sex on wheels to me. Successfully started, take off, landed and a few flame outs and airstarts :D I can see a long relationship brewing.

On one occasion when out without using the trainer, on landing approach my gear did not want to drop. Tried everything, it was unlocked, flaps were working so there was hydraulic pressure. Even tried the emergency gear on the top right-hand side of the cockpit. I ended up successfully performing a belly landing on the runway;) I do have random system failures on so maybe it was that or I missed a switch during start up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No switch to miss Mate. You did well.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

In a way, it makes sense. Don't get me wrong, I don't like to spend money but from a business point of view it's understandable. Most people would simply go "meh... I won't buy the module full price on release since I know for a fact that it's gonna be 75 % off in 2 months". The sales were just so frequent that there was not much point in pre-ordering the modules (apart from the few impatient guys like me). IMHO ED deserves every cent for the quality of the modules they provide.

In a way, it makes sense. Don't get me wrong, I don't like to spend money but from a business point of view it's understandable. Most people would simply go "meh... I won't buy the module full price on release since I know for a fact that it's gonna be 75 % off in 2 months". The sales were just so frequent that there was not much point in pre-ordering the modules (apart from the few impatient guys like me). IMHO ED deserves every cent for the quality of the modules they provide.

Agree! I wrote similar in one of my previous posts.

I mean $10-15 for A-10C is like gift. We are not big market. Guys from ED must eat something beside peanuts if we want our hobby live.

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

• 3 years later...