Odyssey + Consolidated Settings April '19 - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-18-2019, 07:45 PM   #11
IanHx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagilem View Post

On a separate item: Question - For those with WMR, does your loading screens flicker and constantly disappear during loading? Not a big deal I guess, things work after they load, but my sky and f18 loading screens flash and flicker badly during loading..
Yes
IanHx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:29 PM   #12
Strikeeagle345

Quote:
On a separate item: Question - For those with WMR, does your loading screens flicker and constantly disappear during loading? Not a big deal I guess, things work after they load, but my sky and f18 loading screens flash and flicker badly during loading. Not sure why.
yes, its a WMR thing for some reason.

Strike
VF-41
vCVW-11
www.vcvw-11.com

i7-9700K | MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 1070 | Samsung SSD | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | HOTAS Warthog
Strikeeagle345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:15 PM   #13
Nagilem

@Naruto - I tried out those settings and found the same. No significant stutter. The biggest change is setting the cockpit res down. There is doesn't seem to be much difference between the 256 and 1024 options. I thought those two would look wildly different and they just don't. Also the repaint screen options have little effect that I could see visually for the performance loss.

I will say that the clarity of objects far away, especially lights at night is not very good. Did a case 3 recovery last night and could see a jumble of lights but had to get very close (within 3nm) to start make out the shape of the carrier.

could be my old tired eyes hehe.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:08 PM   #14
DutchCoolHand

Quote:
Anybody have suggestions to address the forehead pad on the O+? I always end up with a red line on the forehead after flying, and it gets uncomfortable after an hour. I purchased the CreativeStudio strap to help along with the VR cover. I'll give them a try and report back.
I got the VRCover, just google it and it makes it more comfortable on my forehead although the VRCover does not touch my forehead.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:01 PM   #15
Nagilem

@DutchCoolHand - same here! just received it yesterday and flying is much more enjoyable! It now feels comfortable enough to wear for hours and not give me the dented forehead look...

I still have the studiocreative strap for over my head coming to also relieve some of the pressure on my nose and forehead. Hopefully, between the two it will feel like a baseball cap with googles.

Tags
odyssey plus, reprojection, settings