ASW 2.0 Support?

Johnston

Clean installed Oculus & no different with ASW its still very noticeable when its on. So i have now tried everything to get it to work I give up.

Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//

Hi

I have noticed some visual improvements. I was running Rift at 1.8PD with MSAA off, tried on X2 but very jittery; on Open Beta and Occulus release. I tried the Occulus Beta, and the double image and prop distortion was noticably better (not gone completely). I tried MSAA X2 and the image was soooo much better with hardly any ASW distortion. I have since dropped PD to 1.6 and MSAA x2 and I would say that its the best image and smoothness I have achieved. This was all tested on A10c quick mission Easy in the Fall.

Neal

Edited by Bluethornton
typo

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Hi

I have noticed some visual improvements. I was running Rift at 1.8PD with MSAA off, tried on X2 but very jittery; on Open Beta and Occulus release. I tried the Occulus Beta, and the double image and prop distortion was noticably better (not gone completely). I tried MSAA X2 and the image was soooo much better with hardly any ASW distortion. I have since dropped PD to 1.6 and MSAA x2 and I would say that its the best image and smoothness I have achieved. This was all tested on A10c quick mission Easy in the Fall.

Neal

But ASW 2.0 would not be working in DCS as far as i'm aware, it's not enable to give depth information. And i will say this again, installing the oculus beta is not installing ASW 2.0 its already enabled on 1.36.

Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//

Hi nrosko

I have no idea if ASW 2 is operating or not just relaying my experience with the Occulus open beta.:thumbup:

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Hi

Neal

That has been my experience as well after updating to the Rift 1.37 PTC software.

I fly with ASW off. I definitely gained some in performance.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

But ASW 2.0 would not be working in DCS as far as i'm aware, it's not enable to give depth information. And i will say this again, installing the oculus beta is not installing ASW 2.0 its already enabled on 1.36.
Can you add source about ASW 2.0 and 1.36?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

Can you add source about ASW 2.0 and 1.36?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

https://www.oculus.com/blog/introducing-asw-2-point-0-better-accuracy-lower-latency/

I would assume since they use the language "Today, we’re excited to release the first major upgrade to ASW. ASW 2.0 builds on our previous version..." that it is just a standard release, no PTC/Beta opt-in required.

Also, from Road to VR - "Update: We’ve confirmed that ASW 2.0 is live for all users running the latest Oculus software update (not the Public Test Channel)."

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.oculus.com/blog/introducing-asw-2-point-0-better-accuracy-lower-latency/

I would assume since they use the language "Today, we’re excited to release the first major upgrade to ASW. ASW 2.0 builds on our previous version..." that it is just a standard release, no PTC/Beta opt-in required.

Also, from Road to VR - "Update: We’ve confirmed that ASW 2.0 is live for all users running the latest Oculus software update (not the Public Test Channel)."

Also the guy who created ASW confirmed this several times on reddit look for user carlsagan76. As well as Oculus tech support tech support eventually confirmed this.

Oculus posted this morning over on their forums clarification of ASW 2:

Jumping in to shed a little additional light on ASW 2.0 for you all. ASW 2.0 functionality is enabled for all Rift users at this time - it is not dependent on a specific software version. We called out four apps in our blog post that currently utilize ASW 2.0 (Oculus Medium, Robo Recall, Red Matter, and Oculus Home / Dash). It is ultimately up individual developers as to whether or not they flip the switch for their app, but we're encouraging more devs to utilize the tech every day. As to the question of "how do I know if it's working," the best way to know if a game is using ASW 2.0 is to have the game open and then hit the Oculus button to bring up Dash. If the game or app stays rendered behind Dash, it's utilizing ASW 2.0. If you get the big white / grey grid instead, it is not. You should see an overall smoother experience with less reprojection artifacts in ASW 2.0 apps. I hope this information is helpful!

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/672118/#Comment_672118

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Oculus posted this morning over on their forums clarification of ASW 2:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/672118/#Comment_672118

Ah, nice find Don :)

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

I noticed something interesting today. I get a GPU spike with Desktop Windows Manager when moving my mouse. Its seems to cause less of a spike up to 6.0% when using Oculus Home & didn't get to try DCS out yet but still not something i'm happy about considering how low on GPU resources you are when in VR.

I noticed something interesting today. I get a GPU spike with Desktop Windows Manager when moving my mouse. Its seems to cause less of a spike up to 6.0% when using Oculus Home & didn't get to try DCS out yet but still not something i'm happy about considering how low on GPU resources you are when in VR.

OK similar in in DCS maybe its relative to the GPU usage of the game as my GPU is only hitting 75% maybe if it was closer to 100% the DWE.exe would reduce further.

Question is why is my GPU usage not higher? Sorry for going off topic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Any timeframe of when this will be incorporated???

Owned Modules: F-18, F-16, F-14, AV-8B, A-10c, Huey, Hip, KA-50, Gazelle, Mig 15, Mig 19, Mig 21, FC3, P-51, BF-109, C-101, L-39, F-5, YAK-52

PC Specs- 8700k at 5.1GHz on Asrock z370 Fata1ity k6, EVGA 1080ti SSC2, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1TB NVMe m.2 Drive for DCS with a 500gb NVMe M.2 boot drive, Oculus Rift S

I myself have never seen ED make a statement or even comment on this.

As it would only be beneficiall I think to Oculus users, they may not.

Don B

• 4 months later...

If they are going to make a concession for anyone, and most likely, steamVR will be able to use the same feedback when they catch up, so it's only a vendor specific tweak for now.

And as it stands, Oculus is 50+% of the VR market, just looking at the steam hardware survey.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.