[NO BUG] Very Loud Thumping Noise When Select 'Fly' Excessive Volume

gary palmer

When one hits 'Fly' button on Briefing Window to start game play for F-14 Cold Start (Nevada, Caucasus etc) the volume of this thumping sound as you enter cockpit view is severely loud...enough to damage speakers if system volume is high enough.

Needs to be less or not exist at all. Gary

Edited by IronMike

Thank you for reporting, Gary. However I dont think any of us have ever heard a "thumping" sound. Would you please be so kind and provide us with a video? Thank you!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

When one hits 'Fly' button on Briefing Window to start game play for F-14 Cold Start (Nevada, Caucasus etc) the volume of this thumping sound as you enter cockpit view is severely loud...enough to damage speakers if system volume is high enough.

I get this "thumping" sound as well when starting on the ground. It almost seems like the aircraft is slammed down right before the screen loads and is the cause of the sound. It is annoying and a bit loud as you describe.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I think it is a DCS spawn thing.

If it is the sound I am thinking about, it is a ”ker-chunk”, “whomp”, or “thump” sound as you enter the cockpit. I am willing to bet most players have heard it so often that they no longer register it is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is a DCS spawn thing.

If it is the sound I am thinking about, it is a ”ker-chunk”, “whomp”, or “thump” sound as you enter the cockpit. I am willing to bet most players have heard it so often that they no longer register it is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get this "thumping" sound as well when starting on the ground. It almost seems like the aircraft is slammed down right before the screen loads and is the cause of the sound. It is annoying and a bit loud as you describe.

Sound is excessively loud as explained here by other members. Also is not a sound natural to a unstarted plane...has no purpose. I think it occurs with all aircraft too...Gary

Edited by gary palmer

AFAIK DCS problem is they can't precalculate physics stuff before the mission starts, so to not end up with wheels underground the aircraft are spawn just tad above the ground.

Imho it should be addressed in the future - like start the game engine (to do it silently behind the scenes) and only after 1s or so start the rendering. That way we could really get into cold aircraft wihout any movement.

In some modules you have an extra landing event for starting on the ground :)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222965&highlight=jump

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

All this information makes logical sense...however how about making the sound quieter so is not so joltingly loud. This is the problem... it is very loud.

All this information makes logical sense...however how about making the sound quieter so is not so joltingly loud. This is the problem... it is very loud.

So... you turn off the sound before carrier landing? Because that's probably the same sounds playing.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

That would mean to impose a lower volume on a sound used in general in the sim. The best solution is really to turn down your volume on start and then turn it up again - if this is such a particular issue for you.

Personally I find DCS very loud, so in general I turn down my volume sliders quite a bit to mitigate that. But as not everyone is experiencing volume the same way, it is best that every user sets his volume sliders, or hifi or computer (headset) volume to his or her own preferences.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

That would mean to impose a lower volume on a sound used in general in the sim. The best solution is really to turn down your volume on start and then turn it up again - if this is such a particular issue for you.

Personally I find DCS very loud, so in general I turn down my volume sliders quite a bit to mitigate that. But as not everyone is experiencing volume the same way, it is best that every user sets his volume sliders, or hifi or computer (headset) volume to his or her own preferences.

I actually mute sound as F14 is spawned then unmute to solve problem. My PC is connected to a hifi system with a powerful 12 inch MK subwoofer which will reveal bass frequencies others may not experience with small PC speakers etc. This sound I am talking about is very loud ... much louder than say F18 spawning sound or other aircraft...perhaps the sound file dealing with this specific sound can be reduced for F14. Draconus it is much louder than sound of F14 landing on carrier deck. I have my volume control on Asus sound card GUI set at about 9am when this sound occurs so is not set hi...Thanks for input IronMike, Cobra847, FoxTwo, SVgamer72, =BJM=

Edited by gary palmer