Roll Back to DCS 1.5 am I alone?

flygav

Thanks for input . Right now a 1080ti is twice the cost of a 1070 . In any event , the 1070 is on its way . As my motherboard does not support overclocking , and i'm not interested in doing so anyway , i simply need to get the fastest compatible stock-clock cpu i can find . 7700k stock at 4.2 & turbos to 4.5 looks good .

Hey, I fly in VR (Oculus) exclusively, and as you see in my signature I run it on gtx 1070. My CPU is not the top notch either. I have textures and water on high, and PD is 1.4. I get solid 45fps (which is totally playable for VR), a very smooth game play. The only thing I had to sacrifice is cockpit shadows. There are lots of people out there running VR on 1070 with the same positive outcome.

Once my pimax 5K+ arrives I will have to dump this PC for sure for a better one :), but the good thing is I still have at least 3-4 months till that happens.

Edited by sea2sky

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

Hey, I fly in VR (Oculus) exclusively, and as you see in my signature I run it on gtx 1070. My CPU is not the top notch either. I have textures and water on high, and PD is 1.4. I get solid 45fps, very smooth game play. The only thing I had to sacrifice is cockpit shadows. There are lots of people out there running VR on 1070 with the same positive outcome.

1070 here too and high vis range , textures high and i Keep shadows low / and flat ground shadows.

PD only 1.2 and no AA

Runs fine and i can Keep shadows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1070 here too and high vis range , textures high and i Keep shadows low / and flat ground shadows.

PD only 1.2 and no AA

Runs fine and i can Keep shadows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys flying in 1.5 or 2.5 ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Hey, I fly in VR (Oculus) exclusively, and as you see in my signature I run it on gtx 1070. My CPU is not the top notch either. I have textures and water on high, and PD is 1.4. I get solid 45fps (which is totally playable for VR), a very smooth game play. The only thing I had to sacrifice is cockpit shadows. There are lots of people out there running VR on 1070 with the same positive outcome.

Once my pimax 5K+ arrives I will have to dump this PC for sure for a better one :), but the good thing is I still have at least 3-4 months till that happens.

Thanks ! You flying 1.5 or 2.5 ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

DCS World 2.5 is, quite simply, the most demanding video game available. Bar none.

As other have said this is very far from the truth.

Also as said due to forum rules other games / sims cannot be named.

There is 1 civil aviation sim that struggles badly even on the finest of fine hardware.

DCS runs nicely on my i5-6600K, 16GB GTX1070 @1440p at medium-high settings whilst maintaining a 40 FPS minimum, averaging 60+ and some times passing 100FPS.

Exception would be the Las Vegas strip where dips to 30 FPS happen.

Trimming settings a little allows reaching the frames required for VR reasonably well.

With a 1080Ti i could bring that minimum FPS up a bit and maybe add a little eye candy, but that card wasn't available when i got the 1070.

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

All I can advise is when you are able upgrade! 2.5 is the best thing that has happened to DCS! The new maps are awesome! I am sad I even built my system mainly for DCS! I use track IR and the VIVE for VR and both experiences are excellent! I fly Cessna 172 in real life and have to say 2.5 is as real as flying gets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a AMD Ryzen 2700 with 16gb of Ram and a 1070 Ti and it runs flawlessly on almost max settings on 2.5.+ so i wouldnt say this game is completely over demanding in specs. Most games now a days require 16gb of ram anyway and a 1070 or better.