TM Warthog dust covers?

Does anyone know if TM HOTAS Warthog dust covers for throttle and stick are available anywhere? I searched the forums on a number of key words related to this but came up empty. The only ones I've been able to find online look really nice and are sold through an outfit named AliExpress. Check them out here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cloth-Cover-for-Thrustmaster-HOTAS-Warthog-Cougar-joystick-dust-cover/32326240077.html?spm=2114.01020208.0.1069.aFEvVo

Now, here's the thing... I'd never heard of AliExpress before, so I checked out what folks had to say about them. They've gotten some pretty bad reviews and the word "scam" was mentioned more than once due to substandard buyer protections and some not so trustworthy sellers on their site. Has anyone had any experience with this online retailer, or better yet, has anyone by chance actually ordered these covers successfully from AliExpress?

Edit: There were a few good reviews from customers as well, but most were negative it seemed.

Edited by GeneralDynamics

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

$ 40 for a couple of Chinese bags are you kidding?

i7-8700K@3,7GHz | Asus ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600Mhz 32Gb | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080Ti 12Gb | SSD Samsung 970 PRO 512GB | HDD 4 GB | NZXT Kraken X72 | Corsair HX1000i | Corsair Graphite Series 780T | TM Hotas Warthog | TM Hotas Cougar | VPC WarBRD MT-50CM Flightstick | Stick Suncom F-15E Talon + BRD Base | BRD Mi-8 Pedals | TrackIR4

The old cougar ones fit well' date=' if you can get hold of them.[/quote']

Haven't been able to find anything on Ebay or elsewhere...

$ 40 for a couple of Chinese bags are you kidding?

Yeah, after thinking about this a little more I'm leaning more in your direction. It's just that I'd been looking for a while when I finally found these, and they "appear" to be top quality, but still, 40 bucks is 40 bucks.

An old T-shirt cut in two has been a perfect dust cover for my Warty HOTAS since I bought it.

Yes, but does it have a "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" streamer attached? :)

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

On the picture they look good. I already started thinking by my own if my beloved Warthog is worth this for me. My wife killed this thinking immidiately :music_whistling:

There are 2 positive feedbacks so there are at least two people who got them shipped. I have no experience with this shop but did you read feedbacks about the shop where people lost their money? If this is the case I would not spend my money.

Xoxen

@GeneralDynamics: Woo Pig Sooie, Go Hogs. (I visited a colleague from the company I´m working for in Arkansas 2013 and got the opportunity to see a Hogs game at the weekend. Great experience with 75.000 people in the stadium. Now I´m a fan)

Edited by xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Yes, but does it have a "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" streamer attached? :)

Best dust cover for for throttle and stick is this one :joystick:

RemoveBeforeFlight.jpg

i7-8700K@3,7GHz | Asus ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600Mhz 32Gb | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080Ti 12Gb | SSD Samsung 970 PRO 512GB | HDD 4 GB | NZXT Kraken X72 | Corsair HX1000i | Corsair Graphite Series 780T | TM Hotas Warthog | TM Hotas Cougar | VPC WarBRD MT-50CM Flightstick | Stick Suncom F-15E Talon + BRD Base | BRD Mi-8 Pedals | TrackIR4

I do own those AliExpress dust covers.They're made from some synthetic, polyurethane like, material. Kinda good quality but for sure they could be 1/4 of the price. If you want I may do some photos.

oovaoosh ones for sure are much better.:music_whistling:

On the picture they look good. I already started thinking by my own if my beloved Warthog is worth this for me. My wife killed this thinking immidiately :music_whistling:

There are 2 positive feedbacks so there are at least two people who got them shipped. I have no experience with this shop but did you read feedbacks about the shop where people lost their money? If this is the case I would not spend my money.

Xoxen

@GeneralDynamics: Woo Pig Sooie, Go Hogs. (I visited a colleague from the company I´m working for in Arkansas 2013 and got the opportunity to see a Hogs game at the weekend. Great experience with 75.000 people in the stadium. Now I´m a fan)

@xoxen - They'd likely be a hard sell for my wife, too, as she just recently let me order the Crosswinds pedals (As some of you may recall:)). I'm glad you were able to visit our state and take in a Razorbacks game! I live about 35 minutes north of Fayetteville and went to school at U of A. Things aren't looking too good this year since they lost to Fresno State yesterday - that was supposed to be one of the "easy" non-conference games, and it will likely be all uphill from here on out this year.

Edit: Before I get called on this, the Hogs got beat by Toledo last weekend - not sure where I got Fresno State from.

My avatar is actually the Air National Guard 188th Fighter Wing's logo, the Flying Razorbacks, based an hour or so south of Fayetteville in Fort Smith, AR. For many years they flew A-10s and served with honor in many conflicts around the globe. I'm sad to say that around the same time you saw that Razorback game in 2013, they lost their A-10s and have since been transitioned to a MQ-9 Reaper and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance unit. It broke my heart seeing the Flying Razorbacks lose their Hogs. Check out the A-10C Black Sea Runway Start mission when you have a chance and check out the plane markings - that was them!

Best dust cover for for throttle and stick is this one :joystick:

@oovaoosh - Now THAT right there is funny! LMAO!!

I do own those AliExpress dust covers.They're made from some synthetic, polyurethane like, material. Kinda good quality but for sure they could be 1/4 of the price. If you want I may do some photos.

oovaoosh ones for sure are much better.:music_whistling:

@og_wolf - thanks so much for letting me know. I did find a rather nice website in China that appeared to be geared toward simmers where the same guy, Jason Chen, was selling his equipment. They had all kinds of sim stuff for sale including all the DCS software, AND they even had a replica ACES II ejection seat for sale! It looked exactly like the real thing, very impressive. I did the conversion from Yuan to $$ and it ran somewhere around $1500. Couldn't tell much else because Google Translate didn't do a very good job on the page and they didn't have an English version. I'll have to think about whether I really want to part with $44 for those, but darn if they wouldn't look nice in my pit:cry_2:

Edited by GeneralDynamics

System Specs:

My avatar is actually the Air National Guard 188th Fighter Wing's logo, the Flying Razorbacks, based an hour or so south of Fayetteville in Fort Smith, AR. For many years they flew A-10s and served with honor in many conflicts around the globe. I'm sad to say that around the same time you saw that Razorback game in 2013, they lost their A-10s and have since been transitioned to a MQ-9 Reaper and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance unit. It broke my heart seeing the Flying Razorbacks lose their Hogs. Check out the A-10C Black Sea Runway Start mission when you have a chance and check out the plane markings - that was them!

I answered to your mail on my smartphone and was not able to see the writing "188FW" beside of the hog. Sad to hear they are not located there anymore. I really like the Warthog since I was young and had the same experience back in 1991 (I was 19 years old). They (81st TFW) were moved away from Ahlhorn, Nothern Germany and I really missed the specific sound I was used to hear above my place since I was a child. So I have kind of an idea what you´re missing.

Xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

I use the plastic bags they came in. They work just fine.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

The T-shirt I use is a David Gilmour one, from his "On An Island" tour, from when I went to see him at the Royal Albert Hall.

It says "Remember That Night" but I think in this case it would be better saying "Remember That Flight"! :D

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• 2 years later...

An unexpensive solution is creating home made ones. I made ones myself. They're simply squared bags made of cloth:

attachment.php?attachmentid=184811&stc=1&d=1526690800

These are the measures:

- Joystick: 33.5cm x 19.5cm

- Throttle: 40cm x 28cm

Both have a rope at the end so you can tighten it around the base of the joy/throttle to avoid dust entering in.

Hope this will help pilotfly.gif

Regards

Deadman. PM him.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Here you go.....I bought the camo ones. They look great.

https://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/my-products/

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

You mean like these....

ydBtsI.jpg

vYVT7Y.jpg

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

interesting!

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.