DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread - Page 68 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-18-2018, 11:57 PM   #671
dburne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmek View Post
I wouldn't assume that in case of AAA titles like Bf1.

To get back on topic. Just watched the latest hornet video on ED channel... 5 times in a row. I'm speechless.... Amazing work

Yeah me too, can't seem to get enough of that video.
What a great job they did with that!

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |VPC Mongoose |Warthog Throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:45 AM   #672
Slap_Chop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
Not to get off topic but:

Linux Support is not mentioned, DCS is still compiled on Visual Studio and using Microsoft Visual C Runtimes.

Because they took their DX11_0 Code, Ported to DX12_0 and didnt Re-Write the code to use DX12_0 Features, Instead it's a DX_11 Engine Running on DX_12 Libraries.

Listen I want Vulkan so I can continue to use Win 7. I don't want my operating system to be
a virus tyvm.

Anything using DX12 is going to FORCE me to use Win 10. Vulkan ftw. Running it on Doom 2016 no prob.

On a more fun note the latest newsletter caused me to BUY BUY BUY F-18 + Persian Gulf.
I tried to pull my hand away from the confirm order button but I just couldn't gah !

Just too damn good to wait anymore. DCS is amazing !!! Can't believe my dream sim has
finally arrived. Ya there's gonna be bugs but I know we're on the home stretch. Yee Haww !!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

Last edited by Slap_Chop; 05-19-2018 at 12:48 AM.
Slap_Chop is offline   Reply With Quote