Low pressure during startup, system errors and joystick problems

Jumbarilla

Hi all, I'm new to A-10C world, but I've already been charmed :)

Since my in game training I've came up with some problems.

1. In the beginning from some point all my start-up (even during training) have alarm beeping, because of low oil pressure. It's ok to have a low oil pressure at the beginning but all this beeping? It wasn't there whet I first launched training start-up.

2. I have random malfunctions set to off of course but from today my start-up is spoiled by EAC error. It wasn't there at the first place. I took start-up procedure from the training mission. CDU and EGI are on, SAI is set, SAS are on and start trim is set. What am I missing?

3. And the last thing for now. I'm using standard Logitech Attack 3 joystick and I must say A-10C i flyable, throttle doesn't work though. My landings are hard but plane remains on his wheels so I guess it's ok ;) As my training advanced it came to me that I need a HOTAS sticks, to control all those systems. Logiteh is out of the question. It's to pricy and buttonles. So what remains is Saitek X-52 or X-65. My question here is, can you put all function buttons in X-52, or do you have to leave some of them on the keyboard? Is X-65 worth it's price?

Edited by Jumbarilla
grammar

Waiting for the CDU alignment solved the EAC Error. On the other hand EAC light, on the caution light panel is still lit (not pulsing).

The only thing missing from the list is selecting EGI on the Nav Mode Select Panel in front of the stick. EAC won't engage until that final step is taken.

I can't switch from HARS to EGI. Not until I start taxiing.

Well, the low oil press master caution should be fixed in 1.2.0....

There is a small chance I've installed A-10C 1.2.0 before patching to A-10C 1.1.1.1. Could it give such a effect? Although I'm pretty sure 1.1.1.1 was first.

Do what you normally do then when you exit the mission you have an option to save the track in the debriefing screem..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

First up, with manual startup. I'm sure my startup procedure is scrappy and missing stuff that I should theoretically be doing, but it works :D

If you're not getting the EAC enabled, be sure that you aren't changing the CDU over to NAV mode before the INS NAV READY indicator is flashing.

Low oil pressure alerts can be triggered from the AC generators not working. When you start up, are you making sure you have the AC generator switches in the up (away from you) position, and the inverter switch in the up position as well?

Lastly, HOTAS. I have the X52 Pro. Essentially every control required in combat (and every control that's actually on the real A-10 HOTAS) is available on the X52 Pro. I hardly touch the keyboard (admittedly I do flick a fair few controls using the mouse, such as the OSB's, UFC and stuff).

Look up Jack Bauer's X52 Profile. I used that, works nicely.

I too used an x52 non pro version and all of the contorls you could want can be mapped to it.. However that being said, once I got my warthog HOTAS, I will never go back. Its a fantastic thing to save up for.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

OK thanks for the hints. My start up is doing fine.

About HOTAS. I know TM HOTAS would be the best choice, but I don't have any rudder pedals, and I won't have that kind of money for long time. The thing is that I can get X65 in price of X52 Pro but there aren't to many profiles for X65, but 8 hat switches, that's more than enough.

My question is. Should I take the X65 or stick to X52?

Edited by Jumbarilla