[REPORTED] RWS radar stabilization and tracking loss

KungFu

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TACAN is also behaving the same, I tune it to the tanker and head for it, only to find no tanker there.

This issue has been around for a long time, and is not Hornet-related (it happens in the Mirage as well for example). It depends on the mission, and the pattern you have set up for the tanker.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Thing is I think the devs are on vacation now so probably why we haven't had any comment on this behavior. I remember reading in another thread they were unsure if there will be an update next week either.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

They probably consider it "not a bug" because the entire radar is WIP right now. It's not a matter of some screwed up code creating some unintended effects. The entire way the radar is coded is not realistic at the moment. It's like saying the missiles in DCS are bugged when it is just that their performance is unrealistic as currently coded. As for the radar, it has been more or less unusable since the module launched and it seems to take one step forward and two steps back with every update. They know it needs a lot of work still and they have indicated elsewhere that they are working on it. The information Beamscanner provided is helpful (assuming they don't already know it) but otherwise there's nothing else to be said at this point. It's a mess, and we will just have to live with it for the time being. Personally, I have set the Hornet aside for the time being. I'd suggest doing the same unless you don't mind treating it as a Gen 3 ground pounder.

[NOT A BUG] RWS radar stabilization and tracking loss

They probably consider it "not a bug" because the entire radar is WIP right now. It's not a matter of some screwed up code creating some unintended effects. The entire way the radar is coded is not realistic at the moment. It's like saying the missiles in DCS are bugged when it is just that their performance is unrealistic as currently coded. As for the radar, it has been more or less unusable since the module launched and it seems to take one step forward and two steps back with every update. They know it needs a lot of work still and they have indicated elsewhere that they are working on it. The information Beamscanner provided is helpful (assuming they don't already know it) but otherwise there's nothing else to be said at this point. It's a mess, and we will just have to live with it for the time being. Personally, I have set the Hornet aside for the time being. I'd suggest doing the same unless you don't mind treating it as a Gen 3 ground pounder.

I do agree in your assessment, however if true then it should be labeled (WIP). Just to say (Not a bug) really concludes to the idea that it’s working correctly and therefore lots of confusion and disagreements come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Indeed.... we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Please provide a short track that demonstrates this using the current release build. We cannot reproduce in the internal build.

Thanks

There’s a track posted by the OP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I created a mission, and was doing good with tracking targets landed, refueled and rearmed. Got back in the air and the radar went dumb. I didn't mess with anything other than turned the radar to standby while on the ground. So I got into another 18 and still had the same issue.

Please provide a short track that demonstrates this using the current release version. We cannot reproduce in the internal build.

Thanks

U can find some tracks of mine up in the thread with also a sample of one of my missions.

• ED Team
U can find some tracks of mine up in the thread with also a sample of one of my missions.

There was no issue in your track using the internal version in single player.

In order to diagnose this issue, we must have a valid track of it. Just reporting "me too" does not really help us.

That track is from an older build and does not play back correctly.

This track was recorded the same day that i published the original post, anyway if you want a new one, no problem, i will make a new one with the latest OB version.

P.S. For the next time maybe is better to say that before than simply label it as "not a bug". Making the original post took me a lot time.

That track is from an older build and does not play back correctly.

Ok, those two tracks was recorded on 2.5.2.19682@openbeta after a full dcs_updater.exe update and repair. Also i will update the original post with recorded videos.

The file 18-rdr2.trk is the most complete. 18-rdr1.trk is shorter but the idea is to show the same once restarted DCS.

Video 18-rdr2 link: https://streamable.com/ry7hk

Video 18-rdr1 link: https://streamable.com/rafgb

18-rdr2.trk

18-rdr1.trk

Edited by riojax

There was no issue in your track using the internal version in single player.

In order to diagnose this issue, we must have a valid track of it. Just reporting "me too" does not really help us.

Here is a track file, it is too large to upload via the attachments menu. https://ufile.io/x3ogc

Times of interest: (all in-game time)

01/13:17:45 - HUD target icon locked in place

01/13:18:40 - HUD target icon locked in place

01/13:30:00 - everything is working as it should

01/13:33:30 - HUD target icon locked in place

01/13:33:50 - HUD target icon locked in place

If you need me too I can fire up OBS and make a video showing what we are seeing.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Here tere are the TRK file with the moment i see the bug, the mission where i tested it and also a video of what I see..

I hope it can be usefull.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E_Hx9VxiVMk34tOzZKyp4JJtNThoemiI/view?usp=sharing

Testbug02.trk

• ED Team
Here is a track file, it is too large to upload via the attachments menu. https://ufile.io/x3ogc

Times of interest: (all in-game time)

01/13:17:45 - HUD target icon locked in place

01/13:18:40 - HUD target icon locked in place

01/13:30:00 - everything is working as it should

01/13:33:30 - HUD target icon locked in place

01/13:33:50 - HUD target icon locked in place

If you need me too I can fire up OBS and make a video showing what we are seeing.

Track does not match time codes, just a static MiG-21 on the ramp.

• ED Team
Here tere are the TRK file with the moment i see the bug, the mission where i tested it and also a video of what I see..

I hope it can be usefull.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E_Hx9VxiVMk34tOzZKyp4JJtNThoemiI/view?usp=sharing

Your video does not match my track play back. You lose STT when I am not seeing in my playback.

• ED Team
Same here

I tried to test the sidewinder too. After the missile had the tone, the radar locked move the diamond icon in the edge of the HUD, and IR lost the tone too.

This is my track

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxqnpk8c3pl75ea/radarbug.trk?dl=0

Unable to play because you are using a mod. Never use mods if providing testing feedback.

Track does not match time codes, just a static MiG-21 on the ramp.

You have to give it time to load. I have replayed the track three times and each time the symbology in the HUD freezes. I don't know what to say, this is something weird that is being experienced.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT