MOVIE RELEASE: Smoke On - by the Virtual Thunderbirds

LawnDart

Our brand new full length movie, Smoke On is now released!!! (50 minutes, 1.05GB, 1280x720p, WMV HD)

smokeon_gamerz.jpg

Visit this page to download and as you wait for the download read about its permiere, made possible by Thrustmaster, in Las Vegas at Regal Cinemas and view some of the premiere photos taken.

Please post your thoughts afterwards!

Enjoy the show!!!

Direct link to the movie download (hosted by JaBoG32). Mirror: www.gamerztheatre.com

© 2005-2006 the Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC. All rights reserved.

The Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC is a registered trademark in entertainment and media production, replicating the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds. Part of this business organization is our demo team or squad; an elite group of online pilots using the best in home flight simulation hardware and software to fly as realistically as possible via internet networks, flying the same way as the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds.

This encompasses real world communication protocol used by the Thunderbirds, their maneuver parameters and procedures as well as the atmosphere found in the Thunderbird alumni and their present members. We pride ourselves in our teamwork and work ethic inherited in their spirit and strive to achieve excellence in every aspect of our business, whether it is in the virtual skies or in other ways. The demo team, our main feature and core of this organization, consists of a squad of pilots working together in unison and becoming an extremely cohesive group. Each member spends large amounts of his or her free time dedicated to the endless amounts of hard work necessary within the squad to be able to perform at such high level. While the flying is our mainstay and what we are best known for, it is only part of a bigger picture. Many of the pilots selected for the demo team are real world aviators with thousands of hours of jet experience, both military and civilian; however, this is not a requirement to one day be part of the Virtual Thunderbirds and its demo team. We encourage you to tryout for future openings.

Practice, persistence, patience and perfection are words we live by as we cross into the blue in pixels in these beautiful red, white and blue F-16's.

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Streaming video is being added as we speak at GameTrailers.com and also at www.gamerztheatre.com

Another host for the WMV High Definition download version (as well as streaming Flash Video) will be available later this week as well at Patricks Aviation...

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Patrick's Aviation is now hosting the HD download of our movie as well. Click on the following links to download the 4 parts of Smoke On! (Right Click to Save).

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Just wanted to show you guys (at least those of you who are familiar with Sony Vegas) the complexity of the time-grid used in the making of "Smoke On". This screenshot was taken back in early August and roughly covers the first 25 minutes of the movie (half the length of the movie). Every single clip also had its Special FX (effects) and camera panning, cropping and more created individually clip-by-clip. Although none of that can be seen here in view, this picture shows the grand scope of the workspace used during production...

...this was three months prior to release and shows only half of the movie, but it still looks quite "messy". Many additional FX were added late (i.e. more congested workspace than seen here), but it gives you an idea of what the time-grid in Sony Vegas looked like at a point in time during the making of the movie. The grid got a lot more crowded towards the end (and twice as long as seen here)! :lol:

Bonus FYI: More than 160GB of frap footage was used in the making of the movie!

Voila!

untitled1yg5.jpg

WOW!!!!!!! The longest movie on vegas i have ever done was only about half of that. WOW!!!!!!!!!!

...and this is only half of "Smoke On"! :lol:

Lawndart, i see you didn't use audio panning at all? Next time, include that as well, for even more immersion :D

Most of the sound editing was completed the last weeks before release, this screenshot was taken several months before completion. :smilewink:

I like to do it that way too, but it just wasn't possible with a movie this long. Had to capture and work on different areas as far apart as 30 minutes or more many times and a lot of the sound editing was left for last. The screenshot was when the movie was about half finished, not only time wise... but a lot more work was done (sound in particular) on the half seen in view. :smilewink:

List of songs played? Especially the first one

Skip the credits did you?! ;)

A pity, but http://www.virtual-jabog32.de does not support restarting downloads - it does not allow to continue downloading the file if the download broken; and http://www.patricksaviation.com does not give direct links which can be used in an offline downloader. gamerztheatre.netfirms.com seems good yet, but the movie comes in 4 parts - how to join them seamlessly?

But maybe a normal Bittorrent release would be better?

You won't be able to join the parts "seamlessly", because the editing tracks were split up and re-edited into parts. I have a seamless version on my drive with all the audio-visuals overlapping and no cuts what-so-ever, but it's a monster to render and won't be seeing daylight anytime soon (if at all).

As far as downloading it... Patricks aviation offers each part separately in 300 meg chunks. That shouldn't be too bad for anyone with a decent connection to grab.

As far as downloading it... Patricks aviation offers each part separately in 300 meg chunks. That shouldn't be too bad for anyone with a decent connection to grab.

Well, that is the only way to get the full unsplitted version (which is 1 Gb long) is to attempt to download it from the site which does not support restarts...:mad: Theoretically, it's possible on my 64 kbit/s connection; practically, it'll break somewhere on the 400-th megabyte and restart the downloading from the first byte :( Let's hope that someone will seed that only torrent release of the movie someday.

Ohh, seems I'm getting it. That 1.05 G file, "The+Virtual+Thunderbirds+-+Smoke+On+Movie+2006.zip", does it as well contain only the four chunks (but in zip) rather than the single/combined movie? (I thought otherwise). Well, gamerztheatre solves the problem then, it gives each chunk separately and does supports download restarts.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough the first time, but there is no seamless version available at all. No matter which site you visit, there will be 4 parts of the movie either in a zip or downloadable separately. I'm not sure how many sites have converted the movie into different formats or streaming, but the original is WMV HD 1280 x 720.