MOVIE RELEASE: Smoke On - by the Virtual Thunderbirds

Our brand new full length movie, Smoke On is now released!!! (50 minutes, 1.05GB, 1280x720p, WMV HD)

smokeon_gamerz.jpg

Visit this page to download and as you wait for the download read about its permiere, made possible by Thrustmaster, in Las Vegas at Regal Cinemas and view some of the premiere photos taken.

Please post your thoughts afterwards!

Enjoy the show!!!

Direct link to the movie download (hosted by JaBoG32). Mirror: www.gamerztheatre.com

© 2005-2006 the Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC. All rights reserved.

The Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC is a registered trademark in entertainment and media production, replicating the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds. Part of this business organization is our demo team or squad; an elite group of online pilots using the best in home flight simulation hardware and software to fly as realistically as possible via internet networks, flying the same way as the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds.

This encompasses real world communication protocol used by the Thunderbirds, their maneuver parameters and procedures as well as the atmosphere found in the Thunderbird alumni and their present members. We pride ourselves in our teamwork and work ethic inherited in their spirit and strive to achieve excellence in every aspect of our business, whether it is in the virtual skies or in other ways. The demo team, our main feature and core of this organization, consists of a squad of pilots working together in unison and becoming an extremely cohesive group. Each member spends large amounts of his or her free time dedicated to the endless amounts of hard work necessary within the squad to be able to perform at such high level. While the flying is our mainstay and what we are best known for, it is only part of a bigger picture. Many of the pilots selected for the demo team are real world aviators with thousands of hours of jet experience, both military and civilian; however, this is not a requirement to one day be part of the Virtual Thunderbirds and its demo team. We encourage you to tryout for future openings.

Practice, persistence, patience and perfection are words we live by as we cross into the blue in pixels in these beautiful red, white and blue F-16's.

• Like 2

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Keep trying! We're looking into more mirrors, but it's hard to find one with enough bandwidth required (we're talking several Terabytes per day initially!). In the mean time try to logon off peak hours to download. Worst time so far has been between 2300 GMT - 0500 GMT (evening hours in North America) and the second worst around 1700 GMT - 2300 GMT (evening hours in Europe).

That leaves you with 12 hours that are less demanding on the server, so if that helps at all, try downloading sometime between 0500 GMT - 1700 GMT! Also, if you get an "error" page of 'max user connections' when attempting download, just refresh and continue trying. That only means all nodes are currently occupied.

It will be worth the wait (instead of having it posted in really poor quality on Google or Youtube)! :smilewink:

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

cool i got it! Going to watch it now but for those who keeps getting disconneted or whatever, i suggest you try netants so even if you do get disconneted while downloading the http, you can still continue at a later time. Also to the Virtual Thunderbirds team, in the meantime i guess you guys can create a torrent if that helps with the traffic. 1 gig is kinda a lot (not for me :smilewink: though)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a quick FYI regarding HD render and DVDs that I posted in our forums. Read the reply. It still looks quite good, just a heads up though.

I know it sounds cheesy - but try doing a bittorrent release. I'll be more than glad to seed for a few days.

cheers

fs845

There's a link here that one of our forum users posted with a torrent. Not sure if it's still seeded though?

Keep trying! We're looking into more mirrors, but it's hard to find one with enough bandwidth required (we're talking several Terabytes per day initially!). In the mean time try to logon off peak hours to download. Worst time so far has been between 2300 GMT - 0500 GMT (evening hours in North America) and the second worst around 1700 GMT - 2300 GMT (evening hours in Europe).

That leaves you with 12 hours that are less demanding on the server, so if that helps at all, try downloading sometime between 0500 GMT - 1700 GMT! Also, if you get an "error" page of 'max user connections' when attempting download, just refresh and continue trying. That only means all nodes are currently occupied.

It will be worth the wait (instead of having it posted in really poor quality on Google or Youtube)! :smilewink:

Hey LD if I have your permission Ill host your video on my site. I might need some help writing the article up in a nice format like you but Im willing to help out man. Or I suppose if you make an account and submit an article then i can put it on my front page bro. Ill start uploading your file tonight gonna take a while but yall are worth it. Great job on the movie BTW makes me wish i had the time to dedicate to a virtual aerobatic squad again.

contact me through pm or jonscott_396@hotmail.com :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

50 minutes, 1.05GB, 1280x720p

In the coming weeks we plan on attempting two additional options for the movie. Number one; a full uninterrupted render of the project. This one is iffy, since it demands almost a Cray computer to render without memory leaks. Number two; rendering a standard DVD version (480p) in native resolution and bitrate for DVDs

Hope to see and download that "normal" DVD-resolution version! 1G of traffic is "overkill" for me.

There's a streaming wmv version @ 720 x 480, available now at www.gamerztheatre.com

You have to register on the site to view the stream, but it's easily done and it's a high quality stream. One or two other streaming versions will be coming out later this week on other sites as well and hopefully one more download mirror for the WMV HD download in addition to that.

Jon Tex, thanks for your offer, but are you sure your site will handle the bandwidth nightmare that will follow? I can get you a lower res version shortly that won't kill your bandwidth quite as bad. We're not talking terabytes then, but rather back to gigabytes... :smilewink:

Streaming video is being added as we speak at GameTrailers.com and also at www.gamerztheatre.com

Another host for the WMV High Definition download version (as well as streaming Flash Video) will be available later this week as well at Patricks Aviation...

Thanks for the comments! ...Top Gun, hehe... :thumbup:

Patrick's Aviation is now hosting the HD download of our movie as well. Click on the following links to download the 4 parts of Smoke On! (Right Click to Save).

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4