Virtual Thunderbirds: NEW MOVIE & prize GIVEAWAY

Download the Smoke On trailer NOW! (1 minute, 22.6MB, 1440x1080p, WMV HD)

Full length (50 minute) movie: "Smoke On" coming, November 23.

...but there's more!

After you watch, go to this link to read the entire NOVEMBER ANNOUNCEMENT and participate in our free prize GIVEAWAY made possible by Thrustmaster!

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

The Mpbs and format is yet TBD, but if we render and compress the WMV HD 3Mbit version we're looking at roughly 1Gb! We may lower the bitrate, but keep the res and HD widescreen high for the internet version and thereby lower the file size. Keeping the resolution while giving up picture clarity and data or vice versa. It's really a catch-22...

The theatrical release is far bigger in file size! :smilewink:

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

• ED Team
The Mpbs and format is yet TBD, but if we render and compress the WMV HD 3Mbit version we're looking at roughly 1Gb! We may lower the bitrate, but keep the res and HD widescreen high for the internet version and thereby lower the file size. Keeping the resolution while giving up picture clarity and data or vice versa. It's really a catch-22...

The theatrical release is far bigger in file size! :smilewink:

Lawndart - Do you capture screen with FRAPS or the tools in FC?

Jim

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Luckily enough Fraps, since the rig I've used has allowed a fairly quick capture. The Frap output is 1152x864 (was the highest possible until the recent release of Fraps 2.8.0 which permits higher capt. res with dual core).

Incredible, amazing, cool, … Man I can’t find a better word. You guys are good!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Can't wait for the full movie!!

One question...I registered at your forums for the contest, but haven't recieved my activation email. It's been several hours. I sent an email to the admin email addy as well with no response. You guys just getting hammered or what?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great Trailer, I can not wait to see the full video. Thanks.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can't wait for the full movie!!

One question...I registered at your forums for the contest, but haven't recieved my activation email. It's been several hours. I sent an email to the admin email addy as well with no response. You guys just getting hammered or what?

For some reason your email keeps bouncing, even when I emailed you back several times... Your account is activated, just use the ID and PW you originally signed up with. If you still have problems, let us know.

Yeah, our site is getting taxed a little more than usual at the moment... :thumbup: :smilewink:

Would you like me to change the handle and spelling to the same as here and remove your inactive account? It can be done in a split second...

Thanks to everyone who's commented (here and other places) thus far. We really appreciate it. Keep 'em coming! Regardless of what you think...:pilotfly:

The giveaway certainly spurred some interest in the community thus far and I'm sure we'll be looking into future contests (of various kind) after November, next year sometime and potentially offer some type of discount as well?? :thumbup:

Oops! :chair: I'll fix it!

Well, the movie is done, but you're just gonna have to wait until November 23. :geek: ... unless, you join us in Vegas. LOL!

• 4 weeks later...

Smoke On (full length movie) is now released!!! (50 minutes, 1.05GB, 1280x720p, WMV HD)

Surf over here to download and while you're waiting you can read about its permiere, made possible by Thrustmaster, in a real movie theater in Las Vegas and view some of the premiere photos.

Please post your thoughts afterwards in our forums or here.

Enjoy the show!!!

Direct link to the movie download (hosted by JaBoG32).