Dynamic Campaign Engine

MBot

Since in multiplayer missions there is obviously no access to the mission planner. Do you have any way to generate briefing images (whether they be in game or exported to a folder on the host's computer) detailing the flight plan by exporting the coordinates of mission waypoints MBot?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Since in multiplayer missions there is obviously no access to the mission planner. Do you have any way to generate briefing images (whether they be in game or exported to a folder on the host's computer) detailing the flight plan by exporting the coordinates of mission waypoints MBot?

I think in this case the DC Engine has to run on the hosts machine so that the new mission can be build there.

Anyway... i dont know how the engine will know how much player slots/flights are needed... unless it is designed around a "permanent death" scenario. But i think Mbot has already thought about that and will provide a solution. If this point got already answered ... sry i dont read the whole thread ;)

Incorporating [FSF] Ian's Multiplayer Mission Planner may be the way to go here. You don't need to export anything outside of the mission itself, and the MMP modifies the miz file itself when incorporating changes (e.g. if you decide to change your route slightly or add personalized skins for the clients).

I could see potentially streamlining this so that you don't need to pick a side and enter a password (your side is already picked for you and it's automatically coop), but other than that it should be pretty much plug and play.

Here's the Github.

No, frankly I think this ball is in ED's yard. I hope that they will eventually make the mission planner MP capable.

If I had the money, MBot, I probably would have bought the MiG-21 on the spot just to play your dynamic campaign you've crafted, despite the fact that I have no interest in the MiG! I saw this topic a few days ago, when I had begun to start using a pencil and paper system to try to simulate running a mercenary ground attack squadron using Ex-Georgian SU-25T's. Working for US/UN forces. Ground and air kills are paid like bounties. Basically, the old Strike Fighters 2/ Area 88 setup. I was going to try to post more about my self imposed rule system and see if anyone else would be interested in using it or helping me to polish it until I saw this topic.

I can't wait to see this in action, as a DC is desperately needed. ED's constant praise of the mission editor is understandable as it is a powerful tool, but if you're playing single player, building missions for yourself is kind of pointless, as I know everything that's about to happen and when it will happen. And canned missions from the internet are just that, canned. Anyways, that's been beaten to death really, so I'll shut up about that.

I cannot wait to try out this DCE using the SU-25T if it's supported. I have the A-10C but something about the simplicity of the SU-25T brings me back to it, and there's little content available for that bird, seeing as how it's free, especially if you like flying on the US/UN Allied Side and not for Russia. If I can save enough money, I'll be buying the F-86 Sabre which is my all time favorite fighter, and if the DCE supports that...well, I may lose my marriage, lol

Anyways, I keep checking back here all the time on the look out for a download. Can't wait, and thank you again for all of your hard work.

• Like 1

“Maxim 3:

An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.

-The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries”

― Howard Tayler

Hi Mbot,

Just a post in support. I have been playing or following this game since Lockon but the poor single player aspect of the game has always kept me away from it. I love the eye for detail in this game so your mission will probably get me flying this one.

If so then Eagle dynamics owes you some money :thumbup:

Thanks for your efforts,

RedeyeStorm

• 3 weeks later...

Just to give you a short update on the state of things. With December being December and the release of Nevada and the Mirage 2000, I didn't work that much on the project. But I still put in at least a couple of hours per week. I have been further working on the ATO which required some re-coding to allow the implementation of some smaller features. Next up is a testing series to make sure that all current features are (still) working as intended and a round of bug fixing I assume. A task which is not particularly fun and which will require some overcoming to tackle. Then there will be some fun designing and coding again, with the introduction of players into the now AI-only ATO.

• Like 3

Just to give you a short update on the state of things--

Thanks so much for thinking of us and letting us know how the work is progressing. I watched DCS World update a few times over and wondered to myself how many wrenches that threw into your plans... I don't know the first thing about scripting or creating mods or programming, but I still know I'd hate to do the amount of work you must have to do on something as complex as this.

However, the news of progress on this is great timing for me, as I'll be buying some much coveted modules here in the next few hours that I'd love to use in a dynamic campaign environment! :thumbup:

“Maxim 3:

― Howard Tayler

With this thread I would like to present the project I am currently working on: A modular dynamic campaign system for DCS which I am simply calling Dynamic Campaign Engine.

This is exactly what DCS needs!

Thank you!

Edited by em4joshua

Mbot, allow me to join the chorus of praise and, at the same time, wish you a Happy New Year! I am eagerly waiting for this project like everyone here!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

Hi Mbot,

Clearly, if you succefully create a nice Dynamic engine (I am confident you will), that will be one of the biggest move forward for DCS. As a lot of other people, I am playing DCS since many years but I never spent many hours on it as I did on other title due to lack of single player material.

Happy new year and I support you

Cheers

Hello. First of all, I want to salute you for what you're trying to do! That could be the greatest module, for this sim.

DCS is a great simulator... good physics, good graphics, good editor but; it needs the "feeling to be part of something". That's why, 1998's Falcon 4, will be on my heart forever.

Anyway, after searching the forum I've found you're Mig-21 dynamic campaign. I've tried to edit it to the Nevada theater with modern airplanes. I just can't... It's very confusing for me!

Can you edit / change / post it for Nevada? It could be a little one; with some squadrons only and some plattons. Just a pre alpha demo to get us going... if not possible; can you at least, share some light on how to do it?

Kind regards and a Great New Year.

Edited by Xanix

Finally some more visible results again. I am currently working on automated briefing generation.

attachment.php?attachmentid=132735&stc=1&d=1452639013

attachment.php?attachmentid=132736&stc=1&d=1452639013

Making those lists align has been a bit tricky, since tabulators do not work in the DCS briefing texts. What I did was aligning columns by counting letter numbers and filling up with an appropriate number of spaces. The problem is that each letter has a different size, so columns never align. I think my result is as good as you can get.

Screen_160112_234518.thumb.jpg.28c590d0173b67e4ac33ccb7b984c8b7.jpg

Screen_160112_234525.thumb.jpg.969a7f8c83acc3ff49e2fa13f7d3b0e5.jpg

Wonderful. And makes me think how limited standard briefing windows are in terms of supporting more structured data.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Great work, thanks for the screenshots showing development! Like Bad Habit said, I'm more excited for this than for DCSW 2! Lol

“Maxim 3:

― Howard Tayler

MBot, I love you man! There are tears of joy running down my face. Thanks Brother for all your time and effort your putting into this, it's very very much appreciated.

-Stormy

X570S AORUS PRO AX MOTHERBOARD, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-core Processor, GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 3090 TI, 64GB DDR4(Corsair Vengeance LPX), DARK ROCK PRO 4 250W TDP Heatsink, Corsair AX1600i Power Supply,  2TB SSD, Windows 10 64 Bit  VR: HP Reverb G2, VIRPIL: VPC Constellation ALPHA Prim[R], VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base