TouchPal for DCS: Black Shark

Hi all,

Some of you may have missed the announcement of a new application for Black Shark called TouchPal (the main thread about it is hidden away in the Game Controllers forum here). It's a fantastic new program by Gadroc based on my old TouchBuddy profiles, and it enables you to display this on a second screen:

touchpal_new_layout_inc_ekran.gif

If you've got a touch screen monitor then you can activate all the buttons by touching them, if not then you can just click them with a mouse. All the buttons and lights are linked to the sim via lua and everything else is fully functional with the exception of the digital CMS display (which can display your current program but not the number of flares remaining) and the digital PVI-800 display (which Gadroc hasn't been able to export the data for yet).

If you have a spare monitor, I encourage you to give it a go -it's a huge leap forward from my TouchBuddy profiles and it makes controlling the Black Shark a lot easier (and more fun :)).

Cheers,

DD

P.S. If any ED guys read this, I'd be very grateful for some tips on the correct syntax for exporting the digital CMS and PVI-800 displays. If it isn't possible to extract this data atm, is there any chance you guys could add this functionality in a patch?

Manne, you don't need a touch screen, although I think that is the ideal solution. If you have a second monitor and can set it's resolution to 1024 x 768, then you can use the mouse to activate buttons on the TouchPal screen (exactly the same as when using Touch Buddy). It may seem the same as having to "click" on the main screen in the BS cockpit, but if you look at the TouchPal screen you can see that most cockpit information is concentrated within the viewing area so you don't have to move your viewpoint to see all needed information.

Even if you decided to not use a touch screen or to click on the TouchPal display, I think it still offers a great advantage just to be able to scan most relevant flight and weapons control settings at a glance. It may not be realistic but it sure makes things easier :smilewink:.

I have touchBuddy running on a client computer with a 15-inch touch screen and am hoping Gadroc will be able to develop the client-server version of TouchPal. Until then, I can run TouchPal on my main computer and get the same results as TouchBuddy (from a viewpoint perspective), but with a non-touch 17-inch monitor resized to display at 1024 x 768 (which it does fairly well).

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

To the mod who moved this thread: Do you think you could move it back to the general forum please? The purpose of posting it there was to allow people who never visit the Game Controllers forum (i.e. the 99.9% of DCS players who don't have any joystick problems) to read about TouchPal.

Cheers,

DD

Fantastico:thumbup: great job.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

I agree that this would be better in the general section. It's not really concerning game controllers and I think a lot of people might miss this excellent post if it's left here.

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

• 5 months later...
Wow that is sick! What does a touch screen run these days?

I looked on eBay, they are expensive..

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR