What is the status of the Yak-52

Koriel

The introduction of the Yak was a bit casual, a hotfix was released quite quickly. And after that it's been quiet. Has development of the Yak grounded to a halt?

One of the most glaring shortcomings of the Yak is still the visible damage model. Seeing an intact model with some Spitfire parts strewn around it is a bit offsetting. Flying with parts missing, but still seeing an intact plane is immersion killing.

So, ED.. when are you going to fix the Yak? I realize that you have a ton of work on your plate, but releasing an unfinished product and just continuing work on other modules is not the way to go.

It honestly feels like abandonware at this point. The startup issues were reported months ago and have gone totally ignored. I used to fly the Yak a lot for fun, but part of the fun for me is flying an aircraft ramp-to-ramp, engine start to engine shutdown. I shelved it once the engine start sequence became broken.

Cannot be abandoned if it's a contract job for a 3rd party as stated by ED. They just have too much stuff on their plates ATM and this is in the queue somewhere, I'd guess. So let's wait.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

That's all good and well, but looking at all the fixes every two weeks for the Hornet... The fixes required for the Yak won't take that much time, and then they can put a "released" stamp on this one and move on.

Only 3 items on off the top of my head:

Fix start-up.

Visible damage modelling

Multi-crew sync issues with smoke

There're others, at least if one believes the critique, such as the flaps producing too much drag and even the ADF receiver is still inoperative. So there's plenty of work to do still.

This is my assumption based on my experience (perceived or not): Bugs will eventually be fixed but it will take place behind the scenes without much noise from Wags or any other news source within ED. This happened with the L-39, (some) things got fixed but no words from any developers about it. It works but it’s a bit frustrating.

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.

This is my assumption based on my experience (perceived or not): Bugs will eventually be fixed but it will take place behind the scenes without much noise from Wags or any other news source within ED. This happened with the L-39, (some) things got fixed but no words from any developers about it. It works but it’s a bit frustrating.

There are a few items that could very well be fixed quickly like the MP smoke, the engine start to name just a few. Even a statement or an acknowledgement of the items to be fixed would be welcome. The F/A-18 gets fixes or additions every 2 weeks.. Why not spend just a some time to fix the Yak?

• 2 weeks later...

Ever again? This is a contract job for a private customer and we're just getting it on the side, so I'm going to guess that yes, it is indeed going to be worked on again. Or if not, the original plan must've fell through and we're up the creek without a paddle. But if so, this is going to be the last EA product I'll ever purchase, here or elsewhere.

Anyway, would be nice to get a status report or something. Because all we've seen lately is cobwebs.

ED has announced reworking on the Ka-50. Not sure about the A-10C. Looks like they're attending to their older modules after all these years. So maybe the plan is to give all their modules a nice polish one at a time starting with the older ones? If that's the case, then great news! On the other hand, Yak-52 pilots would have to wait for quite a while. Who knows...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

"If"? Being the obvious subject matter expert about things left unfinished, care to tell us how you arrived at the conclusion of this module having been abandoned? Or, alternatively, why not stop trolling altogether and do something worthwhile instead?

• 1 month later...

I've been waiting the Yak-52 to be on sale and I finally purchased it.

I hope they fix and implement the ADF navigation. Another option would be to integrate the NS430 like in the L-39C (not just the overlay mode).

That will improve a lot this module, as I only current take off, navigate and land in VFR.

I would love to do some bad conditions or night navigation with this plane.

I know the F/A-18 and other modules has alot more attention but please continue supporting this one.

Regards

please continue supporting this one.

Looks like this aircraft is on the back burner now since nothing has happened in ages. Yeah, finding it a bit disconcerting too, even if I may've been a bit salty towards doubters and naysayers in the past. ED, please tell us what's up with this bird :(

Looks like this aircraft is on the back burner now since nothing has happened in ages. Yeah, finding it a bit disconcerting too, even if I may've been a bit salty towards doubters and naysayers in the past. ED, please tell us what's up with this bird :(

As it's still on "Early Access" status, it should mean that they will finish some day.

Can't see anything new. The 'English' cockpit ist still a mixed mess of English and Russian labeling. I suppose it can't be so hard to fix that - but well, they probably have more important things to do.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack