Setting up a Saitek X52

nikkolaus

I had questions about setting up an X52 for the first time playing DCS P51D with it...

Such as, what are the most important controls i need to assign to my joystick and

what mode should i put them on?

(because i know some people use different modes for different activities, such as takeoff, landing, and maintenance..)

For the P-51, you don't need much... Here's the basics of how mine is setup:

Trigger is guns, fire button is bomb/rocket release. (naturally.... right?)

I use the lower stick hat as the aileron/elevator trim, and then when shifted with the pinky button it does the rudder trim. The "C" button is trim reset.

I use the mode selector switch to change gunsight mode (fixed, gyro, both).

E button is WEP, slider is prop rpm, the big wheel axis on the throttle is gunsight range.

Throttle hat is flap lever.

I have gear, starter, lights, and some other random stuff assigned to the stick base toggles.

I think that's about it...

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

I just got it myself and I found that the best way to do it was to go on a test flight, bomb some trucks and shoot a air target, that will give you a pretty good idea of what controls you need on the stick and what you should just leave to cockpit clicking.

For my X-52 I have the trim on the stick hats (as I do for IL-2) where the bottom hat handles ailerons and elevator and the upper one handles the rudder. I have the lower toggle switches for gear, flaps and future additions that i Have not decided on yet.

The throttle slider controls the RPM/Prop, the top rotary (in conjunction with the pinky switch) controls the view zoom and the lower rotary is for the gunsight range.

The "D" button controls the brakes and the left and right on the throttle hat switch controls the right and left wheel brakes.

I am still kinda working on it, I mean, I have everything I need right now and I don't want to add too much or else it won't feel right (the pilot did not have the HOTAS that we do so I want a lot of the controls to be click with mouse and not on the stick or throttle).

yes, i saw it, but im not on a pro, or i never would have posted this ...

Take the X52 Pro profile and convert it to a X52 profile. It's not difficult.

If nothing else, it can save you a lot of work entering commands, etc. You can always assign them to other bottons, etc. to better suit your tatst.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• 2 months later...