New Pilot /ejection model/animation anytime soon?

Ravacoon

Hey guys, i wonder if we will ever get a new "more" realistic ejection animation/Pilot model.

I tested out the Viggen last night and took a closer look at the ejection animation in slow motion. Your nice swedish Viggen pilot will instantly become this generic USAF model with the standart ejectionseat after you bail out.

I know it´s nothing we really need but wouldn´t it be cool if we would get the actual pilot/seat getting ejected from the bird? And maybe a little bit smoother ejection animation.

What do you guys think about it? Would you love to see the correct model/seat/animation for your Birds or do you think it´s unnecessary?

Im personally not that interested int he animation, but a better experience would be cool. Access to an emegency radio while in the silk would be great for multiplayer realism. Estimated recovery result based on where you eject. Captured by enemy? Recovered by friendly?

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

I would love an ejection close to that portrayed in the 'Behind Enemy Line' movie

The two FA-18C pilots ejecting over enemy territory in the Balkans.

Kind of a slomo implementation where you see the actions involved during ejecting.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Im personally not that interested int he animation, but a better experience would be cool. Access to an emegency radio while in the silk would be great for multiplayer realism. Estimated recovery result based on where you eject. Captured by enemy? Recovered by friendly?

Some of these features will probably come with the dynamic campaign, or at least i hope so!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

Just a question. How often do you eject, so it is important to you that it looks nicely? :huh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Well, since you asked,

NO...I think it's completely useless, trivial and an utter waste of the time and talents of any sim developer within DCS. I don't care about seeing 'model/seat/animation' thru an ejection event and I doubt there are any serious folks here that would trade the top 500 wish list items for it.

But that's just me

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Yeah I'd like to have a pilot body (with accurate shadowing and head movement shadowing - I've made a wish list thread for that).

In regards to the ejection seat "in depth process" - I personally don't care about that one, as my goal is to not eject and do my best to have as few of those as possible.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Yeah. I was thinking about this issue lately. Different model in plane, different on ejection, yet more different after chute opening. They should make this more coherent. Eh... let' not be too demanding. It took them 4-5 years before they fixed invisible pilot's oxygen mask in MiG-15...

In general those details need to be more coherent across different modules. For example cockpit details visible from external view (in F-18 you can even see intstrument's lights, but for another example pilot's hands dont move when you move your controls). Another example: F-14 is absolutly new level of immersion with crew' models realistic movements (mirrors-WOW!!!), but only pilot reacts to G's, RIO doesn't. More coherence is very much needed.