[ACKNOWLEDGED]Weapons 3D model error

Bl00dWolf

Hello.

Some weapons on pylons on the F16 just hanging out in the air. I think this is a modeling mistake.

Screens:

14lEXeB.png

y8zl0BQ.png

i9 13900k 5.5Ghz; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 OC 24GB; 64GB ddr5 6400mhz cl30; 7 Tb SSD NVMe; 2Tb HDD; 20Tb NAS ZFS RAID1; LG 34GN850 3440x1440 160hz IPS; Hotas Warthog + VPC ACE Flight Rudder Pedals; TrackIR5; Quest3; DX3 Pro+ and HiFiMan Edition XS 

MacBook PRO 16' 2023 M3 Max (14cpu-30gpu), DDR5 36Gb, 1Tb + 2Tb 990PRO Ext

• ED Team

Hi

The bolts do not adjust in DCS for each different ordnance, some will look ok others will not.

It is known, but not an easy issue to resolve, it is a minor issue we have to live with for now.

The ordnance is connected in the centre the bolts either side do not hold the weapon, it just helps lock it in place.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

The bolts do not adjust in DCS for each different ordnance, some will look ok others will not.

That's only part of the issue though. The ordinance is simply positioned too low on the Y-axis; the mounting loops are not even touching the pylons on some types of ordinance. If you look at my image, you can clearly see that the LAU-3 pods are nowhere near either to mounting hooks or the adjustable bolts. The MK-84 is closer, but still not quite at the right height yet. By adjusting the placement of each type of bomb, a large part of the issue presented in the OP can be solved. Of course it takes some nuance to balance clipping of the bolts and loop height, but it should be an easy fix.

The ordinance does seem to be placed correctly on the TERs, but the TERs themselves are, again, too far from the pylons.

kevM5JI.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...but it should be an easy fix.

I think YOU should fix it then since it's easy to do and max zoomed in screenshots of ordinance is your thing. While you're at at...make sure every piece of ordinance spawned in the game has its own unique serial number stenciled on it. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

It would require the bolts to change for different payloads.

It is a very minor issue the team is aware of but for now it wont change.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This isn’t a case of the sway braces (bolts as you put it) not being adjusted. The issue is that the suspension lugs are not fully located in the ERUs within the pylon, in short the stores are hanging in mid air and not correctly seated on the ERU. The suspension lugs highlighted with red circles should be locked in and held by the hook within the ERU, they are what holds the weapon on the aircraft.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL