[REPORTED] AAR Probe Light Inconsistency

Callsign JoNay

F/A-18C AAR probe light will sometimes not project illumination onto the tanker/basket even though the external view of the aircraft shows the light to be on. Seems to only project illumination about 50% of the time when I attempt AAR with a KC-135, (and 0% of the time with the S-3B).

Persian Gulf

Single Player

My own mission created in mission editor.

Specs:

DCS Open Beta 2.5.5.431

GTX 1080 Founders, i7, 16 gigs, 4k

Video:

The issue is so great that you can't refuel without NVGs at night. And even then you have a major problem because you only see the tanker's silhouette against a brighter background. If there is no moon even the silhouette gets unrecognizable.

DCS view with NVG: tanker black/background bright

In reality its the other way around, the tanker is illuminated and bright, background black:

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed this is still "Checking" status a week later. Any luck reproducing on your end?

Here's another video I made to demonstrate the probe light bug:

Points of interest are:

04:35

09:23

14:15

However, I included the full video of all three ramp starts in case something is noticed in my startup procedure that might be triggering the probe light bug.

For what it's worth it seems the probe light works consistently if I begin my missions from "take off from runway" or "fly over point".

However if I "take off from ramp" and go through the process of cold starting the jet myself the probe light rarely works.

Seems like something during my ramp start process is causing the bug, but I can't figure out what it is.