SoftTH NEWS

I currently use a 3 screen (3*1920x1080) landscape configuration with a seperate 1920x1080 Helios monitor. I was thinking of changing the outside monitors to a portrait orientation as the screens are pretty big. I want the screens to line up at the top with the outide monitors extending down further than the middle screen. Does anyone have this type of configuration that can share their relevent softTH and .lua fles with me?

Thanks.

John

edit: would this be right with 78 pixels between the main monitors?

[main]

renderResolution=4236x2161

nonlocalFormat=RGB16D

keepComposition=0

smoothing=1

debugD3D=0

zClear=1

vsync=0

tripleBuffer=0

screenshotFormat=jpg

dllPathD3D9=auto

dllPathDXGI=auto

dllPathD3D11=auto

[overrides]

forceResolution=0

antialiasing=0

processAffinity=0

FOVForceHorizontal=0

FOVForceVertical=0

[head_primary]

sourceRect=1158,0,1920,1080

screenMode=1920x1080

[head_1]

devID=1

sourceRect=0,0,1080,1920

transportResolution=1080x1920

transportMethod=auto

noSync=0

[head_2]

devID=2

sourceRect=3156,0,1080,1920

transportResolution=1080x1920

transportMethod=auto

noSync=0

[head_3]

devID=3

sourceRect=1058,1081,1920,1080

transportResolution=1920x1080

transportMethod=auto

noSync=0

Edited by Thick8

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got it figured out. very cool. Unfortunately it would seem that i can't play my FPS's with the screens set up I this configuration. Funny thing is that I was able to do the same thing using no extra software and a couple of changes in the monitor .lua file. I'm going to play with it some more to see if I can get it working in CS:GO and L4D2. I hopeful.

John

Edited by Thick8

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

• 4 weeks later...

I try to use SoftTh and Helix library to fix shader dedicated for labels in DCS.

Unfortunately it doesnt work.

If I set Helix library to use the Softth lib some things are working (depth and convergence setting bound to a key), but the modified shader is not used.

If I call Helix library from Softh (using the dllPathD3D9 var) I have an error message : "Head 1 devide ID invalid".

Did someone succeded in using both dlls or have an idea ?

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

setup issues

Ok i have practically the same setup as the first photo and i want to setup dcs world to work like that but i cant quite get it to work, my three primary monitors are running 5760x1080 in nvidia surround and the top monitor is running at 1366x768. Help with this would be much appreciated and i am new to the forums so excuse me for any mistakes i make.

Ok i have practically the same setup as the first photo and i want to setup dcs world to work like that but i cant quite get it to work, my three primary monitors are running 5760x1080 in nvidia surround and the top monitor is running at 1366x768. Help with this would be much appreciated and i am new to the forums so excuse me for any mistakes i make.

» Multi-Monitor and Other Displays » 4 monitor issues

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. Been trying to download Softth but cant find a link that works for Softh V.2.08 64 bit. I was able to get 2.06.64 bit, I want to use it with DCSW BS2, and am under the impresion that it must be the 64 bit version.Thank you for any help.

Mark.

Home built X-58FTW,i7 950, 3 x GTX570oc,

screens; 3 x 22", 19", 17", 9" :D

My pit. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=121598

• 2 months later...

having problems to post here because of forum editor buggy , can't use rich text neither advanced editor.

But some help needed to configure softTH with DCS

I have 3 1920x1080

main is center one

right one is touch screen

I want to display mainview from 810,0 to 4650,0

0,0 to 810,0 for export shkval and abris and 4650,0 to 5760,0 for others exports and Helios

+ 100 x2 for bezel compensation

i made a lua for monitor setup and adpat options lua and softTH config, but softTH log is buggy : head_2 rendered is not what I have specified in my softTH config

I can't post here details, but you can see files on french site here (files comments in english)

http://www.checksix-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=268&t=185328&p=1414194#p1414194 on post 2

if anyone can help please.

EDIT

almost done ! / any comment on upgrading setting welcome

solved

Edited by C6_Hellfrog

• 1 month later...

Hi PeterP,

Hope you can help me with this problem, i've been the whole day trying to make it work.

It seemed that Jaximus Decimus had the same problem in the first page, but i can't find any more posts of him about it.

I've run SoftTh with rFactor2 without any problem, but i can't make it work in DCS BlackShark2, i placed the d3d9.dll file in BlackShark2/bin folder, but it doesn't prompt me if i want to create the default config and if i place the config in the same folder it doesn't work. Do you know what else can i do? I'm using SoftTH208balpha 32bits.

The fact is I do make it work with the lua config and not full screen mode, but i need to use SoftTh since my config is: 2 top monitors and one below them (tactile). The problem is that the tactile has to be the primary for it to work, and, as you know, with the lua config the top left has to be the primary :( so the lua solution doesn't suit me.

Thanks in advance, you did great work with this post!

Edit: Add the desktop config, but i don't think is related to the problem. monitor 3 is the primary for it to work with the lua, but i need SoftTh to set monitor 1 as primary.

monitors.png

Edited by neptuno_af

isn't BS2 a 64 bits exe ?

btw in my config, the tactile is the third monitor and it works. see unplug your screens, reboot with only one, then plug the second, reboot, then the third, and then only reconfigure your desktop layout, and then only you can reconfigure in windows options for tablet pc and stylet tactile functions...

Edited by C6_Hellfrog

Thanks a lot C6_Hellfrog, I didn't had much time this week, but i have configured the tactile monitor as you said, Control Panel - Tablet PC Settings, now I have the 3 monitors working even the tactile :)

Still have to test the 64 bits SoftTh, in case that was the problem.

Hope the weekend comes fast xD

Edit: Ok the problem was just that, 64 bits version of SoftTh works fine with BlackShark2, didn't expect the 32 doesn't work with 64 bits exe, usually programs in 32 are compatible. Thanks again!

Edited by neptuno_af

• 4 weeks later...

I got this running and looks great! Question though, prior to triple (softTH) in DCS, I has SweetFX running with the mod "PeterP HDR & SweetFX & Mustang Clouds"

Is it possible to run SoftTH and the SweetFX mod together in DCS and if so, can someone list the steps or point to post where perhaps this is already addressed?

~S~

wind

The Rig: i5 7700k OC 4.6ghz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Is there a simple way to do a basic triple screen set up?

I've got 3 1920 x 1080 which I run bezel corrected at 5880 x 1080

Side screens are at about 45 degrees to the centre one.

I use this res for Elite D and pCARS and a few other titles without issue but DCS don't seem very straightforward at all. I don't want or need any MFD's or other bits exported to another monitor or anything like that just a simple surround setup that isn't stretched.

Or possibly have the center monitor in portrait mode and the side ones in landscape would help with dogfighting?

Edited by Fopeyducker

---------------

MSI GD65 Gaming | i7 4770k Haswell @ 4.7ghz, | H110 water cooler | 32Gb ddr3 | Sound Blaster Zx | MSI GTX 1080Ti | 1x 250Gb SSD's + 2x 500Gb SSD |

Acer Predator 34" (3440x1440) | TrackiR 5 + UTC Light | Win 10 Pro 64bit | 2x Thrustmaster MFD's | MFG Crosswinds (ordered) | Thrustmaster Warthog :smartass:

--------------------

Is there a simple way to do a basic triple screen set up?

I've got 3 1920 x 1080 which I run bezel corrected at 5880 x 1080

Side screens are at about 45 degrees to the centre one.

I use this res for Elite D and pCARS and a few other titles without issue but DCS don't seem very straightforward at all. I don't want or need any MFD's or other bits exported to another monitor or anything like that just a simple surround setup that isn't stretched.

Or possibly have the center monitor in portrait mode and the side ones in landscape would help with dogfighting?

I found someplace on the SoftTH site a website someone made that use java to view your monitor layout and then you can adjust and it will create the file settings for you to cut and paste.

Try this: http://www.mechatronics4you.com/wp-content/uploads/tool/test.html

Here is my latest problem. Seems to have started an update or 2 ago. I have stutters while playing now. I did all the suggest set-up a while back and all was good. I have 4 monitors in a T config running Helios on a touchscreen. 3 monitors are on a Gigabyte AMD R9 280 w 3GB. The touchscreen is on a XFX AMD HD6700 @ 2GB. I have 32GB of mem, an 500gb SSD, and an AMD 8 core at 4.7.

So my resolution is 5760x2160 and about 30-35fps with stutters. So I changed to 5760x1080...wow 40-45 and runs awesome...BUT now I cannot use helios because of basically dropping the touchscreen.

Any suggestions???

Edited by DemonHunter

I found someplace on the SoftTH site a website someone made that use java to view your monitor layout and then you can adjust and it will create the file settings for you to cut and paste.

Try this: http://www.mechatronics4you.com/wp-content/uploads/tool/test.html

All Greek to me I'm afraid. Any way of doing the triple screen thing without using SoftTH?

Will the new graphics engine help with triple screens when it arrives?

---------------

MSI GD65 Gaming | i7 4770k Haswell @ 4.7ghz, | H110 water cooler | 32Gb ddr3 | Sound Blaster Zx | MSI GTX 1080Ti | 1x 250Gb SSD's + 2x 500Gb SSD |

Acer Predator 34" (3440x1440) | TrackiR 5 + UTC Light | Win 10 Pro 64bit | 2x Thrustmaster MFD's | MFG Crosswinds (ordered) | Thrustmaster Warthog :smartass:

--------------------

• 4 months later...

Is there an updated guide out there somewhere? I've made this work some time ago, but now it simply does not do it. I'm guessing there has been significant changes since that time. I used to get the SoftTH logos up during the loading screen but now i get no indication as of what goes wrong.

I dont know where the logfiles are supposed to go if i enable debug-mode, anyone know? If i can't see what goes wrong this is pretty much a :wallbash: .

• 3 weeks later...

My config worked up untill a week ago, then:

Something changed somewhere and now:

I have 2 screens (1920x1080 on top, 1280x1024 on the bottom) and use my top screen as main and the bottom screen for my MFCDs. It all used to work perfectly, but since I re-installed after trying VirtualCockpit (with my android tablet) the bottom screen is recognized (I get the Softth logo and my mouse pointer can get there), but the MFCDs stop at the bottom of the top screen!

attachment.php?attachmentid=117554&stc=1&d=1431540431

My profile's pretty simple:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('MDP-DS-ALL export');

Description = 'export all to lower screen'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920/1080;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 400;

y = 950;

width = 400;

height = 400;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 800;

y = 950;

width = 400;

height = 400;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

The Softth config looks OK:

[main]

renderResolution=1920x2104

nonlocalFormat=RGB16D

keepComposition=0

smoothing=1

debugD3D=0

zClear=0

vsync=0

tripleBuffer=0

screenshotFormat=jpg

dllPathD3D9=auto

dllPathDXGI=auto

dllPathD3D11=auto

[overrides]

forceResolution=0

antialiasing=2

processAffinity=1

FOVForceHorizontal=0

FOVForceVertical=1

[debug]

compatibleIB=0

compatibleTex=0

compatibleVB=0

[head_primary]

; borderA=0

; borderL=0

sourceRect=0,0,1920,1080

screenMode=1920x1080

[head_1]

; borderA=0

; borderL=0

devID=1

sourceRect=310,1080,1280,1024

destRect=0,0,1280,1024

transportResolution=1280x1024

transportMethod=local

noSync=0

fpsLimit=0

But the MFCDs are not showing up on the bottom screen. Anybody have any clue as to what may cause this? I re-installed the whole game twice already, but to no avail.

• 7 months later...

FYI SofTH has moved: http://softth.net/

"SoftTH is an open source software triplehead/multihead (multi-monitor) gaming solution for the PC. It performs the same job as AMD Eyefinity, nVidia Surround, and TripleHead2Go, only it supports any number and/or combination of non-identical or identical screens at any resolution."

Panzer Blitz => Panzer General => BF1942 => BF2 => OFP DR => WWIIOL => ArmA:OA => IL-2: BoS => DCS Ka-50

• 1 year later...

Hmm yeah, looks like he never fully got it to work with DX11. Not sure if this would've helped anyway, was looking for a way to create an inverted T setup (4 screens) but with just 1 viewport without rendering an area of 6 monitors.

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

In the multimonitor configs there's this text:

--[[
also you can use "displays" table  to perfectly match you configuration .
it is generated by DCS automatically.
displays table is contains information about all currently attached displays 

for example my setup is :

displays = 
{
   [1] = 

etc.etc.

Does that table even do anything? And if so what does it do? Or is it some Lock On remnant..

E: Never mind, the Camera+LMFCD_auto_placement.lua shows what it does.

Edited by Coug4r

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

• 2 months later...